Collegiate Apparel Deals?

Jaybird

So I hear that Under Armour has inked a deal with Northwestern to be the main athletic apparel provider for the school in all sports. This is the First school to sign with UA in the B1G. This seems to be a pretty big topic these days as to which company provides your school's apparel. Some say Nike, some say Adidas and now there is UA.

What say you on this topic? Is one company better than another and why? Are you in favor of switching up uniforms all the time a la Oregon etc or are you for tradition?

In my personal opinion schools like Texas, Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan, Alabama and other traditional powers should leave everything alone and keep the uniforms the same as they have been for years as this is what makes college football great, the traditions and pageantry makes college football quite unique. If you are an up and comer trying to make a splash and get some attention then what ever I don't really care what you do, a la Oregon, Maryland etc. If you want to do a throwback for a game per year or something like that I don't really care all that much but to have 800 different combinations and look different every football Saturday seems crazy to me. I personally don't understand the allure of having all of the different combinations and why a kid would choose a school based on such criteria but to each their own I guess.

What do you guys think?

If Nebraska were to drop adidas, I'd prefer a switch to Under Armour. Nike stuff is just cheap and poorly made.

I don't think the new Adidas jerseys are all that great, either. I know the players commented that they like how lightweight and stretchy it is, but I think the material is fragile. I've noticed way more guys with rips and holes around the shoulder pads as the games progress. And the screen-printed sleeve stripes and player names on the back look shabby once the jersey is stretched over the pads. I think Adidas needs to rethink the Techfit line.

I don't think Nebraska should do anything dramatic or flashy with their uniforms, but I would like to see some refinement. I'm no fashion expert, but this year's getup just doesn't look that good to me.

Oregon, and Maryland have sweet uniforms, but keep that style out of Lincoln

We are in a "materialistic" world now. Kids want to look good and modern. So I say, if it would help recruiting, then cut the traditional uni's.

nononononononononononnonononononononononononono. no.

If Nebraska were to drop adidas, I'd prefer a switch to Under Armour. Nike stuff is just cheap and poorly made.

Disagreed entirely. My school is Adidas sponsored, and their stuff is crap. We had a Nike rep in 2 weeks ago showing off their new stuff, and it seemed like a night and day difference in quality. The new Adidas cleats, those adi-star things, are gross. They are paper mache. I don't know how more D1 football players haven't rolled ankles, I get a mountain of tape every day and still feel insecure. The adidas clothes' durability is even bad. My undershirts and shorts from last year are already tearing or fraying, while I have Nike stuff from high school that is still going strong.

I'd be all for a Nike switch at Nebraska. Plus, it looks cooler. Some of you old timers need to get with the new styles. Some Nike Pro Combat jerseys designed to look traditional, kind of like the Adidas ones now but in Nike form, would look sweet. It would certainly help recruiting. May sound silly, but it's true.

• Fire 1

Disagreed entirely. My school is Adidas sponsored, and their stuff is crap. We had a Nike rep in 2 weeks ago showing off their new stuff, and it seemed like a night and day difference in quality. The new Adidas cleats, those adi-star things, are gross. They are paper mache. I don't know how more D1 football players haven't rolled ankles, I get a mountain of tape every day and still feel insecure. The adidas clothes' durability is even bad. My undershirts and shorts from last year are already tearing or fraying, while I have Nike stuff from high school that is still going strong.

I'd be all for a Nike switch at Nebraska. Plus, it looks cooler. Some of you old timers need to get with the new styles. Some Nike Pro Combat jerseys designed to look traditional, kind of like the Adidas ones now but in Nike form, would look sweet. It would certainly help recruiting. May sound silly, but it's true.

Uh...both Adidas AND Nike are the old timers. Under Armour is the new up and comer.