Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

Dispite what dip-sh$$ Nebraska fan thinks about Bo other Top 25 programs will continue to call and ask him if there is interest. At think point I think he'll stay here for a very long time unless the new AD has an agenda or he takes and NFL job. Or we are stupid and try to run him off.

One thing that is probably hurting the NU program is the emotional, uneducated fan who doesn't consider how his actions effect the kids, coaches, program etc. I would guess the majority of fans don't have a problem with Bo as our coach and and the same time they're just fine if he leaves and someone else is here. That is pretty disturbing. We have a coach who is winning. Yes he's learning, he isn't perfect but if you sit back and look at the job he's doing I would say probably 90% of what he's doing is right exactly how we want it done. Thats fantastic seeing that currently 80% of college coaches fail and are fired from their jobs in less than 4 years from taking them. I realize we have some problem with being 100% consistent but thats nature. We can strive for perfection but its damn near impossible to achive. I'm not saying we lower our standards and accept it as OK to be that way, but I think we need to also cheer and go out of our way to support the guys when we do it right. We need to allow our team and coaches to learn and grow. Our fan base is very piss poor when it comes to supporting the team and players. We are constantly grinding on them and tearing them down. We like to think we're the greatest fans in the world but if you look around and honestly judge ourselves we're not that great. The mob mentality comes way to easy to run a guy out.

If you look at the past 4 years there are only a handful of teams that have 9+ wins all four seasons and we have a chance to win 10 now and if thats the case I think we're one of like 4 or 5 teams that would have 10 wins in the last 3 years. Guys and Gals thats pretty damn good. We also have graduation rates that are fantastic and we no longer have a culture like when Billy C was here that classes were optional. Guys are learning to be responsible and good quality people. Not getting into it but Bo has also had to deal with some issues staff wise that I'm sure he didn't plan to or want to. As a coach of 4 years he's handled that remarkably well and kept it very respectful and private at the same time. I think a lot of seasoned coaches would have failed in his circumstances. All in I think Bo is a damn fine coach and an even better person. I hope the media agenda and fan base don't break and guy down so much he decides to dedicate his time to another University.

This guy is working hard for Nebraska. He continues to reexamine himself and try to grow and wants this program to get better and back to where it was. He's not looking to make this job a stepping stone, but I think there's a chance the fans, media and a few boosters that might have it end up that way.

I don't think I have seen so much hypocritical crap in one post in my life. You bash anyone who has a less than positive opinion of Bo, then make up stuff about Callahan in the next paragraph. Isn't that doing what you just said the dumbF*** NU fans were doing to Bo? But that is ok? Learning to be responsible? Ask Carl why he was forced to leave, that is some high morals too. At least he did get rid of Sanders after he was busted.

Bo is barley qualified to be a college HC, and you think he will go to an NFL job? The only reason he's qualified now is because he was given a job he wasn't ready for. Talk about being out of touch.

That last paragraph is all BS too, he's too stubborn to "redefine himself" and get off of your high horse and making stuff to make him look better than what he is.

I'll gladly debate this with you but you'll have to actually post something factual and worth merit. There are times that I'm a bad fan myself. Its easy to get sucked in. I can admit that.

That being said, I guess you pretty much summed it up when you state Bo is barlely qualified to be a college HC. Thats obvious when his name continually comes up at high profile places. I'm sure places like Miami, Penn State, Michigan, LSU, etc always seek to interview unqualified, unsuccessful people. I know when I I want a new Vice President of Sales I usually start by interviewing people with janitorial qualifications. And yeah..Bo doesn't try to improve at all. I think this year has been a huge example of living life under the microscope from his staffing changes, to his sideline demeanor. And you're right...I have no clue what I'm talking about. I just like to make stuff up.

• Fire 2

Dispite what dip-sh$$ Nebraska fan thinks about Bo other Top 25 programs will continue to call and ask him if there is interest. At think point I think he'll stay here for a very long time unless the new AD has an agenda or he takes and NFL job. Or we are stupid and try to run him off.

One thing that is probably hurting the NU program is the emotional, uneducated fan who doesn't consider how his actions effect the kids, coaches, program etc. I would guess the majority of fans don't have a problem with Bo as our coach and and the same time they're just fine if he leaves and someone else is here. That is pretty disturbing. We have a coach who is winning. Yes he's learning, he isn't perfect but if you sit back and look at the job he's doing I would say probably 90% of what he's doing is right exactly how we want it done. Thats fantastic seeing that currently 80% of college coaches fail and are fired from their jobs in less than 4 years from taking them. I realize we have some problem with being 100% consistent but thats nature. We can strive for perfection but its damn near impossible to achive. I'm not saying we lower our standards and accept it as OK to be that way, but I think we need to also cheer and go out of our way to support the guys when we do it right. We need to allow our team and coaches to learn and grow. Our fan base is very piss poor when it comes to supporting the team and players. We are constantly grinding on them and tearing them down. We like to think we're the greatest fans in the world but if you look around and honestly judge ourselves we're not that great. The mob mentality comes way to easy to run a guy out.

If you look at the past 4 years there are only a handful of teams that have 9+ wins all four seasons and we have a chance to win 10 now and if thats the case I think we're one of like 4 or 5 teams that would have 10 wins in the last 3 years. Guys and Gals thats pretty damn good. We also have graduation rates that are fantastic and we no longer have a culture like when Billy C was here that classes were optional. Guys are learning to be responsible and good quality people. Not getting into it but Bo has also had to deal with some issues staff wise that I'm sure he didn't plan to or want to. As a coach of 4 years he's handled that remarkably well and kept it very respectful and private at the same time. I think a lot of seasoned coaches would have failed in his circumstances. All in I think Bo is a damn fine coach and an even better person. I hope the media agenda and fan base don't break and guy down so much he decides to dedicate his time to another University.

This guy is working hard for Nebraska. He continues to reexamine himself and try to grow and wants this program to get better and back to where it was. He's not looking to make this job a stepping stone, but I think there's a chance the fans, media and a few boosters that might have it end up that way.

I don't think I have seen so much hypocritical crap in one post in my life. You bash anyone who has a less than positive opinion of Bo, then make up stuff about Callahan in the next paragraph. Isn't that doing what you just said the dumbF*** NU fans were doing to Bo? But that is ok? Learning to be responsible? Ask Carl why he was forced to leave, that is some high morals too. At least he did get rid of Sanders after he was busted.

Bo is barley qualified to be a college HC, and you think he will go to an NFL job? The only reason he's qualified now is because he was given a job he wasn't ready for. Talk about being out of touch.

That last paragraph is all BS too, he's too stubborn to "redefine himself" and get off of your high horse and making stuff to make him look better than what he is.

A little butthurt are we. I think Da skers hit the nail on the head.

He's probably upset because he left Bo a message demanding he call him and Bo refused to call him back.

This isn't the first time afhusker has went on his Bo rants. I am just waiting for him to give a better option, rather than continue to bash anything that involves the program, because it all falls back on Bo.

What daskers said about classes with the team is actually true. Bo has really hammered the importance of the educational side of this program to kids since he has been here.

And finally people have to be absolutely Helen Kellerish to not see the strides that Bo has made as a coach and how he handles himself in many situations.

I interviewed Bo to shovel snow for me this Winter. He's currently in my top 3...may get a call back.

I have 5 more candidates for ya...up your way i think you guys call em the Packers Offensive line..... After being pimp-slapped by the Chiefs they may be looking for a job....

Have fun not making the playoffs but hey, at least you'll have the warm memories of your one NFL title to hold you over in January.

Chiefs 19

Packers 14

You will never take that away from me.

• Fire 2

I'm not ready to run Bo off yet but lets not ignore all the facts here. While 9-10 win seasons are great and all, tell me one really solid win Bo has so far in his career. Mich State this year? Okie State last year? Not exactly lighting the world on fire when it comes to quality wins. He's done about what he's supposed to do. Nothing more.

I think the next 2 years are going to show us what Bo has. I'm not basing his success over the next two years on a National Championship.

He is a new head coach and he has had an opportunity to battle through a lot of different situations. He has had a chance to go get more coaches and his own players.

My measuring stick from this point forward will be based upon consistency and the eventual loss of playing down to opponents. I'm looking forward to the next couple of years.

I guess it depends on what you want to call a quality win. Chances are we won't get a blow out in a NC game in the next year. He's beat several rated teams just this year alone. Had he beat Texas by 2 points would that be a quality win? Does it have to be a big ten title game or what? If we win the bowl game is that a quality win? I'll agree we've been up and down and I think everyone wants that to go away. I think because of that he doesn't get enough credit for winning big games.

I'm not ready to run Bo off yet but lets not ignore all the facts here. While 9-10 win seasons are great and all, tell me one really solid win Bo has so far in his career. Mich State this year? Okie State last year? Not exactly lighting the world on fire when it comes to quality wins. He's done about what he's supposed to do. Nothing more.

I guess it depends on what you want to call a quality win. Chances are we won't get a blow out in a NC game in the next year. He's beat several rated teams just this year alone. Had he beat Texas by 2 points would that be a quality win? Does it have to be a big ten title game or what? If we win the bowl game is that a quality win? I'll agree we've been up and down and I think everyone wants that to go away. I think because of that he doesn't get enough credit for winning big games.

Well if you need it defined and really can't see that Bo has beaten only the teams he should beat, lost to the teams that are premier programs and been beaten by a few that there's no way we ever should have lost then I guess I can do that for you.

Had he just beaten ONE of these teams in his years as a head coach at Nebraska and everything else was equal, I would be ready to say that Bo is capable of playing with the big boys. I could also handle winning all/most other games and losing just this list of games. That would definitely mean we are close to being in the league we want to be in...

2008 - Oklahoma

2009 - Texas

2010 - Oklahoma

2011 - Wisconsin

Not saying he can't get there, but he's just not there yet. I do think Mich State this year and Okie State last year were the closest he's come yet so maybe he's headed in the right direction. However, the ass whoopin from Wisc and Mich and loss to NW at home kind of offset that. You think there are very few coaches who can do what he's done (4 years of 9+ win seasons) and I think the list is pretty long of coaches who could do what he's done...at Nebraska, with the schedules he's had and everything else being equal. And I don't think you can base your stance on the fact that other programs haven't done it. I think you have to look at what it's really taken to do it at Nebraska and that has just not been all that impressive of a feat the last 4 years. It's taken winning the games he's supposed to win and that's about it. Very few upsets for, several upsets against and getting beaten (mostly pretty convincingly) by the top programs in football just isn't that special in my book.

There's nothing proving either of us right or wrong...I guess we're just choosing to look at it differently. You're looking at the records and I'm looking at what went into those records.

Great post.