Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

Wow. You have got to be the most negative freaking person on this board. It's gotten to the point where I can't even tell if you're trolling or just a truly depressed individual.

It's been obvious since his first post and screenname that he's only here for one reason. But for some reason this board has a perverse fascination with keeping trolls around.

Meh, keeps things interesting, I suppose.

Meh indeed, I should lock step with the dreamy eye batting for Bo crowd. Maybe even whine about Callahan once and awhile and try and get Solich back while I'm at it. Are there anymore Cottons we have to put through college? I sure hope so!!! Better?
  • Fire 1

What's your problem 97? Anyone who knows jacks**t about college football knows that Bo is one of the best defensive mind in the game.

:lol: , lol. Bo knows one type of defense extremely well, but can't adjust it to defend different kinds of offenses. In addition, Bo is on of the best defensive minds in the game only when he has All Americans like Glenn Dorsey, Patrick Peterson, Suh, and Amukamara- none of whom he recruited. I will give him credit for Lavonte, but he really had nowhere else to go.

Checkmate

no way. you forgot rook to queen seven, or something.

BO does know defense, what he does not know, what no one knows, is how to tailor a defense to completely stop a type of offense in a particular conference and then tailor the exact same defense in one off season to stop a completely different offense in a completely different conference. give him some time to adjust to the new conference and some credit for what he did this year. i would guess it will be easier for him the stop the B1G offenses when he has the personnel and time than it was to stop the Big 12 offenses, which were just lighting up defenses.

it is unfair to criticize him for only being able to stop the spread, and silly. he effectively stopped the spread and when he had all the personnel he needed on the field, he has to drastically adjust for a completely different style of play.

I think Saban could stop any Big Ten defense right here and right now, Big XII as well
  • Fire 1

Meh indeed, I should lock step with the dreamy eye batting for Bo crowd. Maybe even whine about Callahan once and awhile and try and get Solich back while I'm at it. Are there anymore Cottons we have to put through college? I sure hope so!!! Better?

No, you should just rehash all the tripe we hear about Bo ad infinitum around here. Oh, wait. That's what you're doing.

dancingkids.gif

What's your problem 97? Anyone who knows jacks**t about college football knows that Bo is one of the best defensive mind in the game.

:lol: , lol. Bo knows one type of defense extremely well, but can't adjust it to defend different kinds of offenses. In addition, Bo is on of the best defensive minds in the game only when he has All Americans like Glenn Dorsey, Patrick Peterson, Suh, and Amukamara- none of whom he recruited. I will give him credit for Lavonte, but he really had nowhere else to go.

Bo didn't have Patrick Peterson. Doesn't make a huge difference in your overall point, but I'm just correcting that.

You're right. I meant Laron Landry, who Bo had for a brief time.

We couldn't get that lucky, theres legacies to protect. I surely wouldn't bring back the Frank Solich reunion circus which is what we got. First and foremost I would have told Callahan he fires Cosgrove or GTFO years ago. Same with Pelini and his Cottonesc type hires. When you have a failure such as Barney and you start firing people that got you 9 wins in your first season and keep Barney and his half dozen assistants, there is no hope. Yet another thing I would rather have be PSUs problem.

I would call PSU and beg them to take Pelini to assure at least one win per season by running straight at his defense with an occasional pass towards Cassidy type recruits.

I wouldn't cater to the Frank was robbed and we need to run ugly option football that anyone who stacks the box can stop.

I wouldn't allow unethical things like putting Cottons entire family through college.

Pay a little attention to Michigan, go after a proven winner with experience, someone who has taken total crap and turned it around. I would have already been flirting with people like Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, hell I would take Leach over Pelini

and you just lost the last remaining, almost non-existent, micron of credibility you had left...

So did you, Leach won a whole lot of game against quality opponents and rarely got his butt handed to him. Pelini also treats media, fans, and players a lot worse than Leach ever did. Do I want Leach, no, I was stating I would trade him for Pelini any day of the week

So you don't want him, but you would trade Leach for Pelini? Bo has actually been to confrence championship games, won 10 games consistently, and has had stellar defenese every where he has been. Not to mention he has a MNC ring as a DC.

Why should Bo proclaim 100% commitment when our fan base does not do the same. After ever loss or bad game there is talk about him being overrated, not being the guy, or my favorite Bo must Go. So its okay for fans and media to waver on their commitment to Bo and his coaching staff, but Bo should be solid an unwavering? Not sure if this is fair.

Why should he?

So his perceived dishonest nature doesn't hurt recruiting.

Do you thing any coach is going to get all gazillion fans of any program to agree on what kind of job he's doing?

The true measure of a coach in this situation should be how he deals with this sort of adversity.

Did you talk to another school is not adversity to me. Some of the problems going on in the CFB right now are real adverse situations. I know this feels weird but this is what is like to be back in the national spotlight. Your staff is constantly inquired and raided. We should be happy our coach is considered for other jobs. That means people out there think he is a decently good coach. I think you should also be aware what it means to be approached and offered a job. If an A.D.'s runner comes to either Pelini or his agent and says; Are you familiar with Delta Bravo University? Did you hear they fired their coach? Did you know they may look at you as a replacement? Would you have any interest? That could be categorized as being approached.

It's beacuse you're using firefox.

Why is that the key? I like FF and I don't want to stop. Is there a plugin I can get? This sucks.

It is not because of firefox. Firefox actually does animated gifs right. IE won't display it either. Also IE does stupid things like hardcodes the fps of animated gifs which will make gifs that display perfectly fine in Firefox go into slow motion mode in IE.

Pelini also treats media, fans, and players a lot worse than Leach ever did. Do I want Leach, no, I was stating I would trade him for Pelini any day of the week

Cry me a river over the media. They're big boys and girls, and professionals. They get paid a lot of money to cover games for a living.

When Pelini glares and acts like a 10 year old school yard bully ready to explode at any time and his consistent sideline antics makes a helluva lot more

It's beacuse you're using firefox.

Why is that the key? I like FF and I don't want to stop. Is there a plugin I can get? This sucks.

I've got no idea - i just get those errors sometimes on HB. Every since you guys upgraded either the theme, or to 3.2.2 i've had some issues transitioning between browsers. this is just one of them. i'm actually getting ready to implement a board for a company and trying to decide between IP.Board and vBulletin. kind of on the fence.

We couldn't get that lucky, theres legacies to protect. I surely wouldn't bring back the Frank Solich reunion circus which is what we got. First and foremost I would have told Callahan he fires Cosgrove or GTFO years ago. Same with Pelini and his Cottonesc type hires. When you have a failure such as Barney and you start firing people that got you 9 wins in your first season and keep Barney and his half dozen assistants, there is no hope. Yet another thing I would rather have be PSUs problem.

I would call PSU and beg them to take Pelini to assure at least one win per season by running straight at his defense with an occasional pass towards Cassidy type recruits.

I wouldn't cater to the Frank was robbed and we need to run ugly option football that anyone who stacks the box can stop.

I wouldn't allow unethical things like putting Cottons entire family through college.

Pay a little attention to Michigan, go after a proven winner with experience, someone who has taken total crap and turned it around. I would have already been flirting with people like Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, hell I would take Leach over Pelini

and you just lost the last remaining, almost non-existent, micron of credibility you had left...

So did you, Leach won a whole lot of game against quality opponents and rarely got his butt handed to him. Pelini also treats media, fans, and players a lot worse than Leach ever did. Do I want Leach, no, I was stating I would trade him for Pelini any day of the week

As much as this hurts I gonna have to agree with Kchusker you credibilty is gone after that comment. How many times did Leech make the Big 12 Championship game?

Why should Bo proclaim 100% commitment when our fan base does not do the same. After ever loss or bad game there is talk about him being overrated, not being the guy, or my favorite Bo must Go. So its okay for fans and media to waver on their commitment to Bo and his coaching staff, but Bo should be solid an unwavering? Not sure if this is fair.

Why should he?

So his perceived dishonest nature doesn't hurt recruiting.

Do you thing any coach is going to get all gazillion fans of any program to agree on what kind of job he's doing?

The true measure of a coach in this situation should be how he deals with this sort of adversity.

Did you talk to another school is not adversity to me. Some of the problems going on in the CFB right now are real adverse situations. I know this feels weird but this is what is like to be back in the national spotlight. Your staff is constantly inquired and raided. We should be happy our coach is considered for other jobs. That means people out there think he is a decently good coach. I think you should also be aware what it means to be approached and offered a job. If an A.D.'s runner comes to either Pelini or his agent and says; Are you familiar with Delta Bravo University? Did you hear they fired their coach? Did you know they may look at you as a replacement? Would you have any interest? That could be categorized as being approached.

Isn't that code for douchebag?