71 Nebraska best ever?

Most observers have, over time, given the nod to the '71 Huskers, including the Sporting News just this year.

I am torn between '71 and '95, but '71 wins statistically.

Just be glad we have 2 of the 4 or 5 teams always listed in this conversation. Says a lot about our longevity among the elites.................

Most observers have, over time, given the nod to the '71 Huskers, including the Sporting News just this year.

I am torn between '71 and '95, but '71 wins statistically.

Just be glad we have 2 of the 4 or 5 teams always listed in this conversation. Says a lot about our longevity among the elites.................

I would say '71, but the '95 team was very awesome, too. But it is impossible to ever know because of all the unknowns.

It also speaks to the need for patience and consistency. Devaney wins NC's in his last two years (years 9 and 10 I believe). TO wins 3 in 4 years but not until over 20 years into his tenure.

There is no 71 or 95 team if we go the "fire the coaches" route every 4 years.

Indeed it takes at least 10-20 years to become competitive and even make a run at the Title game. Just like Bama, LSU, OU, USC, Texas, tOSU, Miami, Oregon............