New DC announced: John Papuchis; new DL coach Rick Kaczenski

hskerholic

As far as I'm concerned, I am a Nebraska fan, and Bo is the coach of my team. He has shown throughout the past 4 years that he has the drive to make great teams, and I believe he has the ability and the knowledge to do so. 9 or 10 wins each year is WAY more than most teams in the nation would DREAM of having. While I hope someday soon to be hoisting that national championship trophy, 9 or 10 wins a year are very respectable until we break through that barrier.

Bo is a young head coach who is still learning on the job, and I have complete faith that if we stick with him, he will lead us back to be champions sooner than later.

BOOM! Exactly. +1 to you my friend. To make a run at the MNC you got to get to the level of winning 9 or 10 games a year. WHich is where we are at right now. I don't see why some people are so dissatisfied with this. Can people not remember the clustermuck that was 2007? Bo has the ship turned around and heading in the right direction now.

As far as I'm concerned, I am a Nebraska fan, and Bo is the coach of my team. He has shown throughout the past 4 years that he has the drive to make great teams, and I believe he has the ability and the knowledge to do so. 9 or 10 wins each year is WAY more than most teams in the nation would DREAM of having. While I hope someday soon to be hoisting that national championship trophy, 9 or 10 wins a year are very respectable until we break through that barrier.

Bo is a young head coach who is still learning on the job, and I have complete faith that if we stick with him, he will lead us back to be champions sooner than later.

BOOM! Exactly. +1 to you my friend. To make a run at the MNC you got to get to the level of winning 9 or 10 games a year. WHich is where we are at right now. I don't see why some people are so dissatisfied with this. Can people not remember the clustermuck that was 2007? Bo has the ship turned around and heading in the right direction now.

That or he fell into some the easiest schedules in decades, the Big XII including OU and Texas was way down, the North was beyond wretched and now we're in the Big Ten where the 3 Big Boys there are way down as well. He also was the lucky recipient of some great talent including one of the most dominating defensive players to ever wear a Husker uniform.

I admire your passion and was right there with you from 73-94-ish except we didn't get blown out by inferior sub par teams, half of those being in Memorial Stadium. This is becoming the norm. We just need to shut up, and enjoy the disappointments and bad choices. Rah, Rah!

Stop trying to confuse us with all that reality. It's not good enough to head in the right direction, we want to be there right now without working to get there, or else we'll throw a temper tantrum. So there.

• Fire 2
I admire your passion and was right there with you from 73-94-ish except we didn't get blown out by inferior sub par teams, half of those being in Memorial Stadium. This is becoming the norm. We just need to shut up, and enjoy the disappointments and bad choices. Rah, Rah!

9471207.jpg

That or he fell into some the easiest schedules in decades, the Big XII including OU and Texas was way down, the North was beyond wretched and now we're in the Big Ten where the 3 Big Boys there are way down as well. He also was the lucky recipient of some great talent including one of the most dominating defensive players to ever wear a Husker uniform.

I was not around for it as I am too young, but my dad tells me how weak the Big 8 was. It was Nebraska and Oklahoma rollin all over everybody. Bo is a great coach man.

We get it, we will only win games when we have easy schedules. We will never beat teams that are actually good.

Not like in '77 (Osborne's 5th year) when we lost in Memorial Stadium to Washington State and Iowa State and went 9-3.

Or '78 when we lost at home to Mizzou and went 9-3.

or in '92 when we lost to a 4-7 Iowa State team and went 9-3.

Osborne won 9 games in 6 of his first 9 seasons. Fire Osborne!

We get it, we will only win games when we have easy schedules. We will never beat teams that are actually good.

Not like in '77 (Osborne's 5th year) when we lost in Memorial Stadium to Washington State and Iowa State and went 9-3.

All jokes aside, TO would have been fired if he was coaching in today's generation. If he didn't get the axe in the 70's, it would have come during the 7-8 bowl game losses. Thankfully, TO is the AD. This is why Bo will be safe as long as TO continues to be the AD.

So in over a quarter century, Osbornes ugliest losses equal to one season of Bos? Is that the point you're trying to make? Last years fiasco was beyond bad coaching, this year was a direct result of that.

All jokes aside, TO would have been fired if he was coaching in today's generation. If he didn't get the axe in the 70's, it would have come during the 7-8 bowl game losses. Thankfully, TO is the AD. This is why Bo will be safe as long as TO continues to be the AD.

Not likely, its exactly the same as it ever was, Tom was losing to National Champions and the occcasional close loss to someone he should have beat. Bo gets beat and blown out consistently by teams we should beat

I posted last night about my remorse over hiring another "Youngstown" coach. It's not that a good coach can't or hasn't come from that city for plenty have. To me it shows the limited number of connections Bo has if he only feels comfortable hiring guys he grew up with or knows through his high school. These hires would be great if he was coaching in high school or maybe even Youngstown State. While we shouldn't hire a coach based on what others will think, by the same token recruits need a "buy in factor" when they are contacted and after they sign an LOI.

One thing Solich did when he was looking for a D coordinator was beat the bushes and step out of his comfort zone. It would have been easy to hire someone with Husker connections but he went another route.

I posted last night about my remorse over hiring another "Youngstown" coach. It's not that a good coach can't or hasn't come from that city for plenty have. To me it shows the limited number of connections Bo has if he only feels comfortable hiring guys he grew up with or knows through his high school. These hires would be great if he was coaching in high school or maybe even Youngstown State. While we shouldn't hire a coach based on what others will think, by the same token recruits need a "buy in factor" when they are contacted and after they sign an LOI.

One thing Solich did when he was looking for a D coordinator was beat the bushes and step out of his comfort zone. It would have been easy to hire someone with Husker connections but he went another route.

Frank Solich "accidentally" landed Bo upon the suggestion of Monte Kiffin. Solich originally wanted to hire Kiffin, but he declined and set him up with Bo instead.

Not since 97, do you look at anything before you decide to open the black hole you call a mind onto these message boards? Mediocre coach--Kasinski? He's certainly not a well-known person but the guys has produced results on the defensive line more times than he hasn't. Do you just choose to put facts forth that make you sound like some God-given know-it-all, or do you even care to look at both sides of the coin? Kasinski [sp?] produced a couple of great defensive lines at Iowa and he is a great recruiter of the defensive line positions--positions if, don't get me wrong, people on here were saying were the "most underperforming" group this year. Why would we not want someone who could bring in talent onto this "most underperforming squad" of this year?

The guy has not coached a single game at Nebraska...and people are already throwing him under the bus. You see why NO ONE wants to coach here? They are immediately forced under a microscope and everything they do is magnified a 1000 times! Skepticism is fine...there is good reason to be skeptical [as zoogies pointed out]. I'm a little skeptical about the promotion of JP, but I think in the end, it will work out better than hiring a Mike Stoops who would jump ship at the next HC opportunity.

There is no one path to success. If this path leads us there, I'm sure all of you nay-sayers will gladly shut up and fall in line.