Some impressive Bo numbers........

Comish

The Dude, JJHusker, BSshirt, HuskertillIdie.......If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

Some other interesting facts about Bo....

0-4 to get to BCS game

0-4 in conf championships

What a dumb post. Don't worry, I've had my fair share as well. Using your logic you could probably capture about 99.4% of coaches in college football.

• Fire 1

I am really impressed with what has has been able to do with what he inherited. Keep up tue good work Bo. Recruiting is a lot better too.

Did that go the way you thought it was gonna go? Nope.

pass whatever your smoking this way.....

He is not the recruiter Cally was, and he inherited a decent amount of talent (look at all the NFL picks over the last 4 years).

No matter if you support Bo or not, lets atleast be honest about it.

Not to mention that half of the players cally got never saw the field. Recruiting and developing are 2 different subjects. I think Bo and his staff can do both.

Not to mention Bo wins 9 or 10 games every year while half the time Clownahan would win 5 or 6 games.... or that in his first four years he'll win 10 games twice (even with taking over a hopelessly shipwrecked program).and possibly three times while Clownahan won 10 games zero times.

But of course recruiting stars are vastly more important than results on the field.

pass whatever your smoking this way.....

Exactly..

The Dude, JJHusker, BSshirt, HuskertillIdie.......If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

0-4 to get to BCS game

So by that logic, TO should bring Frank back.

0-4 to get to BCS game

Well, duh!

A crowd of internet genius posters like you got the last coach who won a conference fired. Maybe you'll succeed again and bring in another "NFL guru" so we can watch NU get cremated and humiliated (over & over & over) yet again. Ten wins? Nine wins? Haha....five or six if we're lucky. We're not in a down & out BigXII North anymore so maybe two or three wins will have to do.

Probably, "nothing" is going to stop you & your ilk from posting about college football. Oh well, it takes all kinds....

GBR!!

AF you really need to do yourself a favor and really go look at the average stars of Bo's recruits to Callahan's recruits, you will be SHOCKED to learn that Bo is bringing in as good of talent and current trends show Bo will have a better overall track record soon. The one area Cahallan did better that relates to recruiting is the numbers he brought in. Bo isn't as willing to make space on a roster as Callahan seemed to be, but you could argue that based on the drop out rate under Callahan that he benefited from that more than making room.

The reason Callahan had more room to sign more kids was because Frank didn't recruit or use the scholarships. That was the only benefit that Callahan had over Bo and that was because his predecessor was a terrible recruiter.

0-4 to get to BCS game

Forge, AF Husker, Not since 97 if you are too thick headed to realize that Bo is bringing in pretty good talent, stop talking about college football.

Some other interesting facts about Bo...

He's been to more conference championship games than any coach that's coached here in the past 14 years. He's only coached for 4 years.

Pretty good talent doesn't win championships. Since when does getting to a CCG deem greatness? In that case we should put Frank in the HOF because he won a CCG with MNC talent. You may want to find another stat to back up Bo since that bar was set really low.

0-4 to get to BCS game

Forge, AF Husker, Not since 97 if you are too thick headed to realize that Bo is bringing in pretty good talent, stop talking about college football.

He's been to more conference championship games than any coach that's coached here in the past 14 years. He's only coached for 4 years.

Pretty good talent doesn't win championships. Since when does getting to a CCG deem greatness? In that case we should put Frank in the HOF because he won a CCG with MNC talent. You may want to find another stat to back up Bo since that bar was set really low.

Pretty good talent doesn't win championships, you're right. But recruiting pretty good talent and [here's the keyword people seem to be intentionally forgetting:] DEVELOPING that talent into great talent wins championships. I don't know why people thought we were going to set a new conference ablaze in our first year. Oh but I suppose that's just another excuse. Quick question: if you were in a coaching position and are told that 9-10 wins won't be enough, would you willingly accept that job?

I never said getting to conference championship games is what deems greatness. But it gives a good indicator of how good a coach is and, to compare Bo with past Husker coaches, shows how much of a step up Bo is from Frank and Callahan. If you want Bo gone, you have to accept the risk that we get an even worse coach, who doesn't get us to conference championship games and who may not get us to bowl games.

Do you think Gene Chizik is a great coach? I'm curious to hear this answer.

0-4 to get to BCS game

Pretty good talent doesn't win championships, you're right. But recruiting pretty good talent and [here's the keyword people seem to be intentionally forgetting:] DEVELOPING that talent into great talent wins championships. I don't know why people thought we were going to set a new conference ablaze in our first year. Oh but I suppose that's just another excuse. Quick question: if you were in a coaching position and are told that 9-10 wins won't be enough, would you willingly accept that job?

I never said getting to conference championship games is what deems greatness. But it gives a good indicator of how good a coach is and, to compare Bo with past Husker coaches, shows how much of a step up Bo is from Frank and Callahan. If you want Bo gone, you have to accept the risk that we get an even worse coach, who doesn't get us to conference championship games and who may not get us to bowl games.

No I do not think Chizik is a great coach. He walked into a team with great talent and that talent carried him. A good comparison to Chizik is Frank Solich. TO's talent carried him for 4 years, Frank just wasn't good enough to win a MNC with MNC talent as Chizik was. To develop talent, you must have talented players to develop in the first place. And that all comes down to recruting, and heart will only get you so far.

Coaches know at certain programs that there are expectations. And at NU we are defined my graduating our players (In which no coach here has ever had a problem with) and winning championships. And by championships I'm talking conference titles and occasionally making a run at a MNC. Anyone who expects NU to challenge for MNC's every year is delusional. 9-10 wins against the lesser teams on our schedule and getting Sandusky'ed against the two best teams on our schedule and dropping one at home annually to a lesser opponent isn't getting NU where we want to be. The only thing that has been consistent about Bo's teams is that we turn the ball over a ton and are heavily penalized. As for the new conference, this is as down the B1G may be in a long time. If this version of the B1G is too tough for us, then the Outback Bowl will be our ceiling. Bo was very fortunate to get to the 9 wins that he has this year. We were very lucky against tOSU and the refs helped us against Washington. This team is one injury and one call from being 7-5. That is what everyone is talking about when they say that they are not satisfied with the season.

And for the record I don't want Bo gone, I want him to do what he needs to stay here for the rest of his coaching life. But he isn't and doesn't seem to want to be here for much longer. He's making some of the same mistakes both of our previous coaches have. He isn't recruiting at a level to keep NU relevant in the conference. If we don't' close this class out with some great recruits, UM and tOSU are going to be playing back to back weeks for a long time because they are leaving us in the dust. (Like Frank) And he's pissing off the boosters and the administration with his attitude and how he relates to them. (Like Callahan did with the ex-players/coaches/etc)

0-4 to get to BCS game

And for the record I don't want Bo gone, I want him to do what he needs to stay here for the rest of his coaching life. But he isn't and doesn't seem to want to be here for much longer. He's making some of the same mistakes both of our previous coaches have. He isn't recruiting at a level to keep NU relevant in the conference. If we don't' close this class out with some great recruits, UM and tOSU are going to be playing back to back weeks for a long time because they are leaving us in the dust. (Like Frank) And he's pissing off the boosters and the administration with his attitude and how he relates to them. (Like Callahan did with the ex-players/coaches/etc)

Curious, you say Bo doesn't want to be here because he isn't recruiting well enough. Falls victim to circular reasoning:

How do you know Bo doesn't want to be here? Because he isn't recruiting well [opinion BTW, not total fact]

Why aren't we recruiting well? Because Bo doesn't want to be here.

0-4 to get to BCS game

No I do not think Chizik is a great coach. He walked into a team with great talent and that talent carried him. A good comparison to Chizik is Frank Solich. TO's talent carried him for 4 years, Frank just wasn't good enough to win a MNC with MNC talent as Chizik was. To develop talent, you must have talented players to develop in the first place. And that all comes down to recruting, and heart will only get you so far.

Coaches know at certain programs that there are expectations. And at NU we are defined my graduating our players (In which no coach here has ever had a problem with) and winning championships. And by championships I'm talking conference titles and occasionally making a run at a MNC. Anyone who expects NU to challenge for MNC's every year is delusional. 9-10 wins against the lesser teams on our schedule and getting Sandusky'ed against the two best teams on our schedule and dropping one at home annually to a lesser opponent isn't getting NU where we want to be. The only thing that has been consistent about Bo's teams is that we turn the ball over a ton and are heavily penalized. As for the new conference, this is as down the B1G may be in a long time. If this version of the B1G is too tough for us, then the Outback Bowl will be our ceiling. Bo was very fortunate to get to the 9 wins that he has this year. We were very lucky against tOSU and the refs helped us against Washington. This team is one injury and one call from being 7-5. That is what everyone is talking about when they say that they are not satisfied with the season.

Just curious :) Why do you think this? and the second part Bo seemed to be much calmer this year, more amicable to the press (the situation with Dirk an exception-I didn't blame him for that one. Sometimes the press asks awfully silly questions) he also seemed more calm on the sidelines. To me, and this is just my opinion, he seems to be improving in that department. Perhaps he can learn from his new OC/DC how to talk with the press. I think both of them do a nice job in dealing with the press. Maybe they can help him. Some people are just not comfortable in that department. It takes practice. However, I give him huge props for the way he spoke to the press after the Penn State game. He was very sincere, almost vulnerable. I really liked that side of Bo. Hopefully he will continue to develop and grow.

...Among schools currently in a BCS automatic-qualifying conference, Pelini has become just the

15th head coach in college football history to win at least nine games in their first four seasons on the job at that school.

The group includes four Nebraska coaches (Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Frank Solich and Pelini). Pelini, Solich and Texas’ Mack Brown were the only coaches in Big 12 history (1996) to win nine or more games in each of their first three seasons.

Still wondering why Nebraska has been lucky? enough to have had 4 coaches on this list...

And as good of a coach as he is..He's probably better than we deserve..There's still things I hope Bo improves on...

Clock management...Save some more of the timeouts for the Offense for the end of the halves.

Substitute more .. Get some much needed experience for the second teamers a few at a time..His willingness to run T-Mart and Rexy ragged scare me sometimes.

Be a little nicer to fans and the Media...Usually, It's their Job to ask stupid (and sometimes leading) questions.

The last one is purely icing on the cake...But might help you get a statue of yourself in front of the stadium someday..

I tried plus one-ing Caveman and the Comish on here but I seem to have used all mine up...Talk about poor clock management.