SIGNED RB Imani Cross

BIG ERN

Sounds like Imani's younger brother is a WR. Hmmm ...

Great catch sheep, anyone have any idea how good he is?

Did a search, the High School is tough to find. Thought I found it but couldn't get any football info on it. He has an older brother at Georgia Tech from what I read also. His brother that is a WR is skinny, lankly and fast from what I read. Hopefully, some other info will be found. Sounds like the whole family is of very solid character and athletic.

There will be fans on this board today and in the coming week who will second guess decisions ... not taking into account how "luck", "fortune" and "circumstances" change the recruiting process. Let it be known that the Tennessee situation and a new OC and them notifying Imani that he should look elsewhere caused Imani to find us. So, for those that will let blame the staff for allowing a recruit to slip away ... remember, there are one's like Imani that slid our way ... so make sure you give the coaches "credit" for Imani ... since you will "blame" the coaches for the one that got away.

To me, it's alot like a player is spot 1 on a blackjack table who questions the guy in spot 6 standing on his 16 against a 20. After the dealer shows his hand and it is found that the next card was a 4 and had the player hit he would have had 20 ... but because he didn't the card fell to the dealers hand and the house makes a 19 and everyone loses. The guy in spot one states to the guy in spot 6 that if he would have hit it then he and everyone else would have won. However, if the guy had taken the card to get his 20, the house would have gotten the next card which would have given the house a 21 ... and then everyone would have lost as well ... but the guy in spot 1 blames the guy in spot 6 regardless. In essense, the guy in spot 1 is just plain negative and all he really wants is to win regardless of whether strategy is followed or not. I'm a blackjack dealer so I see these "attitudes" all the time.

My solution is always to ask the guy in spot 6 what the guy in spot 1 should do ... and if it turns out wrong then I ask the guy in spot 6 has to pay the loss for the player in spot 1 ... cause he is perfect, knows how to play ... and everything always works out perfect ... according to him. :-)

Does anyone else find it interesting... Ron Brown is a strong Christian. Aaron Green is a strong Christian. Rex Burkhead is a strong Christian. Imani Cross is a strong Christian. Imani didn't even mention meeting Aaron Green or Rex Burkhead. In fact the Aaron Green talk has been silent this offseason... he was never a known player host for offseason visits and Imani never even mentioned him. You'd think the 2 would hit it off well. Is there really a possibility that all 3 freshmen running backs come back and play running back next year? With Heard, Green, and Abdullah I just don't see all 3 playing the position. I see the staff moving one of them to DB or one of them transferring. Coach Brown said that Abdullah had picked up the fundamentals better than the others and had moved into the clear back up spot behind Rex so would they really move him to DB when he is the furthest developed/along of the 3 at the RB position? I think Braylon is most likely to move over to DB... he worked so hard to get to NU I don't see him transferring and he was promoted as a RB/DB out of high school with impressive DB film.

My 2 cents: I really see Braylon moving to DB and us taking Mo Seisay and Devian Shelton as our CB's of this class. I think that's the answer going forward addressing the need at DB and still getting our guys in this years class. Braylon had the least amount of PT out of the 3 RB's last year and he seems to be the most willing to do whats needed.

The only thing I can't figure out as far as transfers go is why they wouldn't have wanted to transfer for this semester so they could be in spring ball. I guess if they're going to have to sit a year anyway maybe it's not such a big deal or maybe they're going to give it one more spring here to see how things look ...

Does anyone else find it interesting... Ron Brown is a strong Christian. Aaron Green is a strong Christian. Rex Burkhead is a strong Christian. Imani Cross is a strong Christian. Imani didn't even mention meeting Aaron Green or Rex Burkhead. In fact the Aaron Green talk has been silent this offseason... he was never a known player host for offseason visits and Imani never even mentioned him. You'd think the 2 would hit it off well. Is there really a possibility that all 3 freshmen running backs come back and play running back next year? With Heard, Green, and Abdullah I just don't see all 3 playing the position. I see the staff moving one of them to DB or one of them transferring. Coach Brown said that Abdullah had picked up the fundamentals better than the others and had moved into the clear back up spot behind Rex so would they really move him to DB when he is the furthest developed/along of the 3 at the RB position? I think Braylon is most likely to move over to DB... he worked so hard to get to NU I don't see him transferring and he was promoted as a RB/DB out of high school with impressive DB film.

My 2 cents: I really see Braylon moving to DB and us taking Mo Seisay and Devian Shelton as our CB's of this class. I think that's the answer going forward addressing the need at DB and still getting our guys in this years class. Braylon had the least amount of PT out of the 3 RB's last year and he seems to be the most willing to do whats needed.

Imani spent alot of time with Rex during his visit. Said Imani lit up like a christmas tree when he was introduced to Rex and that they went to the Mens Bball game together.

Marrow will not be moved to defense. He and Rex will be the one-two punch that rolls over the B1G next year (hopefully)

This ^^^^

I confess to being somewhat surprised that a lot of folks on this board don't seem to appreciate what we alread have on campus in Marrow...........

Everything I hear suggests he is a true thumper..............

I've heard plenty of good things about Marrow....I can't wait to see the damage him and Rex do next year. hehe

That guy is yoked out and he's only a senior in high school. He's going to be huge.

Yeah, Cross is a big doooode

The dude benches 400 and power cleans 350 at age 18... his coach said he's closer to 230 than 220... apparently that 220 was at the beginning of the season. We're gonna have a 6'1" 230lb bruiser playing as a freshman. This is a good get for us.