How do we fix this Nebraska team?

OK we have all seen the same thing today at the Capital One Bowl, and for the better part of four years. Stupid penalties, getting away from what's working playcalling, and just flat out undisciplined football.

Let's put a pause on the complaining for just a minute, and let's go to work Husker fans:

How does this Nebraska team get fixed? What changes do we need to make? Fire away!

Bo finds a way to get the guys to finish DAMN plays and stop screwing up at the absolute worst moments that lead to problems.

* We don't let them block the first XP after scoring three plays in... 3 point swing. Worth a field goal.

* Teach AA to run with his dang shoulders DOWN inside the 10 yard line, not all upright where a helmet can actually get on the ball.

* Fix Taylor's mechanics in the offseason so his damn torso doesn't face the defender he's throwing an interception to.

* Learn to stop an offense on 4th down, perhaps by spying a man on the mobile QB so he doesn't break our back with quite so many chains-moving runs.

* Learn the play from they used in the Longest Yard to fix the reffing problems that haunt us so often.

Hire quality, proven position coaches. When the position coach or coordinators are learning they cannot teach their position coaches or develop the kids.

Martinez is not the guy. He runs scared. Plain and simple. You can't run this type of O (who knows what it is) with a QB who can not run east and west and lower a shoulder. Look at Price from Washington. Soph, first year. Look at the kid from K State. Nuff said. I support Martinez as a Husker, but you are all crazy if you think he is a good QB. He is becoming a better manager for sure. Great job in that, BUT in this O you need a baller, not a manager. The rose colored folks will talk about his records at NU. Who cares. What are his W-L records. There you go.

Our D line is too S L O W. We need speed.

Our O line is undisciplined and too S L O W to actually pull and get out in front

The coaches need to find a way talent on the field. The coaches get an F in this category for sure. No depth, no development.

We have to get back to basics, our guys play undisciplined as far as being off-sides all the time, holding, not tackling well, etc. etc. We furthermore need to get away from the mentality that our coordinators can have on the job training. I was never happy with the Beck hire, I'm still not happy with it, and Pap being promoted gives me the same unemotional feeling that Beck did. I don't think either hire will end well, but I'd love to eat my words. Sure Nebraska is a "big time" job, but we sure as hell don't act like it is. We aren't willing to spend the money needed in the areas where we need it to be successful.