How do we fix this Nebraska team?

Martinez sucks!! Yes our line didnt play well at the end but they did okay most of day. But TM has no pocket awareness or toughness. His footwork and throwing is some of the worst ive seen and its not gonna get better. He wasnt the only reason we lost today but his lack of leadership does not help and is a big reason our team falls apart so easily. Complete embarassment today!! So, number 1 is finding an actual Qb that can throw first, run second and has good leadership. I dont care if hes a walkon or freshmen as long as he can throw the ball and has some cajones!!

By the time Martinez was sacked 3 times the game was already over. Kind of a moot point there. His throwing has gotten better this year and he made a lot more wiser decisions than the year before. He's our guy as we move towards the future. He made plays today: pass to Kenny Bell, pass to Ben Cotton, 40 yard run, 20 yard run, etc...about the only mistakes he made today were that INT [which was completely inexplicable] and taking a couple of sacks when we didn't need them.

Otherwise, the WRs dropped balls when we needed receptions. The offensive line committed far too many penalties. Ameer fumbled the football. You want mistakes that cost you the ball game, you look there first, and not at Taylor. Rex is our leader and where was he the second half?

I may have to start a topic on this and make its own thread. THE BIGGEST THING NEEDED TO BE FIXED IS LACK OF SPEED AND PRESSURE OFF THE EDGE BECAUSE WE CANNOT GET TO THE QB. With that amount of time I could complete passes against our defense. The Hail Mary play is exactly why this is vital...don't give the QB all day to throw it. I am over with the slow-prodding, huff-puffing, never going to get there D-Line we have...T Moore was the only one I saw today actually play with energy. Our DL is bad and it then exposes the weak links in our secondary...this has been going on ALL YEAR. Pelini needs to look at South Carolina's DL and get a clue.

Uh, we sacked the QB 4 times today and Connor Shaw ran for about 52 yards. He's a mobile QB and we bottled him up better than we had any mobile QB this year or in recent history.

I started wearing green and yellow and routin for the Packers years ago. Covering my bases and like the Saints too! Putting all your eggs in one basket sucks along with dreaming of the glory days when NU actually competed. Remember being devastated with a 3 point loss or a last second Sooner miracle? The good ole days. Just glad I was around for them. Not likely to happen again.

I don't think we can. Mental toughness and heart is what we lack and that's hard to gain. We see flashes out of it at times but nothing consistent. It wasn't this game it was almost every game. I love the guys we have on this team but they need to show some maturity and growth next year or we are gonna be having this same exact discussion again.

Go Big Red!

I don't see how we can judge our players' apparent "lack of motivation or emotion in the game" Unless you are there and physically hear them say, "Man, I really don't care about that game," you have no grounds to judge motivation or emotion.

What would you call it? It's a semantic argument more than anything. It appears the team lacks something, whether you call it motivation, chemistry, "swagger," whatever. Choose a different word and go with that, if it's a more apt description for you.

I just don't think it's fair to accredit our players as having no emotion to win a ball game. Those guys give their all out there and for us to sit in our armchairs and declare that they have no desire or passion to win the game is ridiculous.

The emotion is there. The heart is there. The fundamentals and discipline aren't and when you don't have one [fundamentals] you don't see the others.

I say we need to go back to basics. Teach these kids how to stand still on the line so that we don't get these stupid delay of game penalties. Teach them how to carry and catch the ball. So many dropped balls and fumbles because the ball wasn't secure. Teach these kids how to tackle. They missed so many tackles today-tackles that cost us. But most of all teach them to maintain focus. They need to stay in the game the entire game, not just when they are ahead.

I don't see how we can judge our players' apparent "lack of motivation or emotion in the game" Unless you are there and physically hear them say, "Man, I really don't care about that game," you have no grounds to judge motivation or emotion.

What would you call it? It's a semantic argument more than anything. It appears the team lacks something, whether you call it motivation, chemistry, "swagger," whatever. Choose a different word and go with that, if it's a more apt description for you.

I just don't think it's fair to accredit our players as having no emotion to win a ball game. Those guys give their all out there and for us to sit in our armchairs and declare that they have no desire or passion to win the game is ridiculous.

We had eleven penalties, most of them procedural. One of our star players got ejected for fighting in a game we needed him to play. We missed blocks, missed tackles, made mental errors galore, and we got blown out in a game where we should have, at the very least, been competitive, if not won.

I don't know what you want to describe that as, or what description will make you feel better, but you cannot state with any conviction that you think this team played this game with heart, motivation, whatever. South Carolina gave us many, many chances to win this game. Instead, we gave it away.

You call that motivated? I don't. So what would you call it?

I say we need to go back to basics. Teach these kids how to stand still on the line so that we don't get these stupid delay of game penalties. Teach them how to carry and catch the ball. So many dropped balls and fumbles because the ball wasn't secure. Teach these kids how to tackle. They missed so many tackles today-tackles that cost us. But most of all teach them to maintain focus. They need to stay in the game the entire game, not just when they are ahead.

that would fall under coaching.......