Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

Shark,

Curious here, but why does everyone just need to shut their mouths and be "yes men"? What good does that do for us?

fwiw, i am not saying you are wrong, I just dont see how keeping quiet helps the team in any way. At the same time, endless bitching about everything without providing some insight or solution, is just as poinltess IMO. Keep in mind, we aren't sending emails to Bo or showing up at his front door saying this. We are talking amongst fans on an internet message board (or radio show like Jason).... how does any fans talking on here have any infuence on the outcome of a game, or how poorly our team plays?

again, just curious.

• Fire 1

Per Matt Shick's twitter, "If you're gonna act like that and you're gonna be that sort of ass, then you'd better start winning championships and you'd better start competing for championships."

the bold and italicized font cause me to read this as if he was shouting. any verification on tone of voice?

I am a graduate of the University of South Carolina. I'm a diehard fan and I am biased toward my team. Real happy about the convincing win. However, that's not the point of my message. I grew up watching Nebraska football on many important national games. I always liked the Cornhuskers because of their coach, Tom Osborne. Tom Osborne knew how to coach winners and he always did it with class and dignity. He is still respected by his peers and those who know the game. Nebraska fans have always been first class and the team, in the past, has maintained a high level of respect and class. But I must say things have sure changed at Nebraska. Bo Pelini surely is not the best you can do. His half-time stupidity with the reporter, his sideline antics, and his low class statements after the game are not befitting the great tradition and foundation that once was Nebraska football. He is on the sideline foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. It is not standing up for your team, who he blames for everything wrong in the next breath. It is about a man out of control and one who is embarassing the university in the national media. This is not an attack on a great university. But the dignity and tradition of Tom Osborne and his great Cornhusker teams of the past have quickly faded off into the sunset. I know a great school like Nebraska can hire a better coach than Bo Pelini.

• Fire 2

I am a graduate of the University of South Carolina. I'm a diehard fan and I am biased toward my team. Real happy about the convincing win. However, that's not the point of my message. I grew up watching Nebraska football on many important national games. I always liked the Cornhuskers because of their coach, Tom Osborne. Tom Osborne knew how to coach winners and he always did it with class and dignity. He is still respected by his peers and those who know the game. Nebraska fans have always been first class and the team, in the past, has maintained a high level of respect and class. But I must say things have sure changed at Nebraska. Bo Pelini surely is not the best you can do. His half-time stupidity with the reporter, his sideline antics, and his low class statements after the game are not befitting the great tradition and foundation that once was Nebraska football. He is on the sideline foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. It is not standing up for your team, who he blames for everything wrong in the next breath. It is about a man out of control and one who is embarassing the university in the national media. This is not an attack on a great university. But the dignity and tradition of Tom Osborne and his great Cornhusker teams of the past have quickly faded off into the sunset. I know a great school like Nebraska can hire a better coach than Bo Pelini.

i think Ozz is feeling it too........sad deal.

Couldn't have said it better. The blind loyalty to Bo and the ignorance of how he's tarnishing a great program baffles me. So much of any sport is mental. I truly believe he harms the players mental attitude. I think he could turn things around and be a success. But that won't happen unless he changes his ways big time.

• Fire 1

If I were the Athletic Director at Nebraska, I'd fire Bo simply because of his sideline antics and post-game comments. He doesn't know how to keep it together. You can't expect a team to play their hearts out for a man with an attitude like Bo.

The game is over. You can stop posting here.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but isn't Jason Peter a drug addict? I regard his opinion about as highly as I regard dirk chatelain.

• Fire 1

If I were the Athletic Director at Nebraska, I'd fire Bo simply because of his sideline antics and post-game comments. He doesn't know how to keep it together. You can't expect a team to play their hearts out for a man with an attitude like Bo.

The game is over. You can stop posting here.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but isn't Jason Peter a drug addict? I regard his opinion about as highly as I regard dirk chatelain.

I'm not posting here only because of the game. I live here in Nebraska as well. I support the Huskers, and I'd love to see them successful again. But I don't see that happening with Pelini.

I am fairly right in the middle here......

First......... I do agree that Bo needs to grow up a little and can't expect his team to be disciplined if he doesn't lead by example. I am NOT in the "fire Bo" camp. I just think he needs to change.

BUT

I absolutely take NOTHING Jason Peter says to heart. I loved him as a player, I appreciate everything he did to help KEEP Nebraska football on the map, the Championships....etc.... but he has done nothing but act like an ass himself since re-surfacing from under the drug rock he was under... Bad mouths everyone... Just look at him... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see a once 245 - 265 pound machine go to "look like death warmed over".....

I am all for giving guys who make mistakes a second chance...but don't come back to the place that helped you make a name for yourself and piss on everyone !!!

Despite the fact that I completely disagree with what Jason Peter is doing, that is a very childish and immature thing to post. Just because someone is a recovering drug addict and had a rough patch in their life doesn't make his opinion invalid. While I generally disagree with his opinions I have nothing but respect and admiration for the struggles he has gone through to turn his life around, and I only hope that I would have the courage and strength to be able to pick myself up and get on the right track again if that ever happened to me.
  • Fire 4

Living in Socal, you would think Nebraska football would not be a main discussion.

Just got back from breakfast with a group of guys, my age that love football. One is Penn a State fan, three are SC fans, another from Boston College, one from Auburn and one from Akron. Every single one made comment about how bad Bo was for the program. How he was out of control, that he needed to calm down. No one mentioned the Jason Peters comments.

All watched the game as we get together normally on Monday after the weekend games and yak like old men. Two of the SC fans have grandkids being recruited for college ball. Both said they would recommend to their grandsons not to go to Nebraska if offered. Not a single one of them thought Bo would make it another two years. Woody Hayes was mentioned, only they expect him to hit an official. That is a cross section of a lot of fans from different areas.

I will not even go into the crap I caught from my Boss, SC grad and player.

These are people on the outside of Nebraska football, but football fans. We have become ugly it seems. My wife has been a Nebraska fan since we were married, 43 years, she absolutely hates Bo. I have never heard say that about another human being.

Bo is fire, he nips at everyone it seems. I remember a few years ago when Prince was acting somewhat like Bo at KState, there sure was a lot of hate from our board about that.

We need to understand that Bo is the lead spokesperson for Nebraska, not Pearlman, or Coach Osborne. Bo is who people think of when talking about Nebraska and there are really very few positive remarks about him, other than from other coaches.

Bo has become his own worst enemy. He has a lot to fix this off season, I hope he does it. I really do not know if he can, or if he is the right person for Nebraska, but we need him to be. I will continue to support him and hope he starts to understand how important he is to this program. I see a lot of BillyC in him. Stubborn to a fault it seems.