Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

What progress? We have an offense that even the coaches don't know what the hell it is. Mark has won just as many Championships as Bill did. There has been no progress, everything Pelini has done, has been with Bill Callahan recruits(SUH). Since Suh has been gone, our defense has been average to below average at best. Pelini had all his own recruits this year for the first time(the numbers don't lie). He had 5 weeks to prepare for SC and Spurrier whooped his ass. Again the numbers don't lie. If you really think that Mark is taking NU football in a positive direction(i'm talking about the WHOLE program), then i would really like to be in your world. Hell, were not even in the top 40 recruiting right now, and don't give me that sh#t about how TO never was either..................the days of walkons are over...................Pelini IS the face of our program right now, and to most highly recruiting football players, its a very ugly face.

4 bowls in row. 9 win minimum seasons. Played for 2 big 12 championships. Better than BC by far. Recruiting is getting better. The star average that Bo brings in is better than what BC had. That is progress. Maybe not as good as it could be. But it is progress to say the least.

Bill Callahan had a #1 ranked recruiting class(it included N.Suh), That is what Pelini lived offed until this year. 9 wins means absolutley nothing when you are playing 13 games a year and getting your ass whooped by the teams that are actually playing for something. You might be ok with that, it seems that alot of Husker fans are, but i'm sure i'm not alone when i say that is unacceptable.

I'm probably one of the biggest "fans" of Jason Peter the sports radio guy, but even I don't want him coming in as a coach. We have no idea if he's coaching material. He can talk up a storm on the radio, but Badger can post a million times on HuskerBoard, too. Neither attribute means a person will be a good coach.

I like that JP is still around the scene, and I would listen to him if he were on the radio again, but bringing him in as a coach? Not on board with that, not without some proof that he can make the team better. Intensity and passion alone won't make us a better football team.

• Fire 1

Not to mention Peters wont be welcomed anywhere around a.Pelini coached team....

Why is that? I know between Suh's Junior and Senior seasons JP had several talks with him about his role and his play. What changed between then and now?

He might simply be referring to Peter's comments via Schick's twitter.

No way was Sanders dismissed because he wouldn't question Pelini. I don't get this: where did this whole Pelini hires assistants who will only say yes to him idea come from? Was it just something that you all collectively decided to pull out of your asses and try back it with meaningless, unsubstantiated, unrelated facts?

Are you kidding me? Dude, a little reality check here! Pelini hires? John Papuchis as defensive coordinator? Hell he could not even coach the special teams. Just look at the bowl game, (essentially, those were his guys), a missed extra point (resulting in a two point swing for the opponent), a long kick off return, and a missed field goal. Also, what about our receivers coach, Rich Fisher? What the hell is it that NU cannot catch and hold on to a pass? Marlow's dropped ball ring a bell? Something has been critically missing in the receiving corps the last couple of years under Pelini's hires. Moving your receivers coach to a position, (running backs coach), who has never coached that position before? What the hell is up with that? All these things are meaningful, substantiated, and related to winning the damned game. Pelini's hires? And, this does not even address the ineptness of Barney Cotton as the Offensive Line coach. They are weak at best.

You can say that all you want but give me any sort of evidence that Bo surrounds himself with yes men. Until then I will believe and defend the idea that Bo and Tom Osborne are taking this program in the direction they want to take it. You can't say, well he hired this guy instead of this other "more qualified" guy because he just wants to control every part of the team without any questioning. Those two things completely unrelated.

More so, in your quest to prove to me that Bo Pelini hires only yes men, you took results on the field and used that as evidence. I'm sorry, but whenever you try to use stuff that happens on the field and try to accredit to the "Bo Pelini yes men" idea, you're not doing a good job proving your point.