I wish Callahan was still our HC

Best troll thread I've seen on HuskerBoard. Clever and commited. 10/10

This.

You don't even have to ask yourself if the OP was serious about this. The "insider source" thing really had that insane, let's-play-russian-roullette-for-fun quality to it.

I still can't tell if this guy's account is the same as one of the primary admins previously on um...ahhhhh, what was it called? Husker something. Huskerp...hmm, it's on the tip of my tongue. I think it might actually be a post-troll trolling under the guy's name. Hard to say, either way.

2006 was BC's best year here. We were 9-5. We put up gigantic offensive numbers like 10 against USC and 7 against OU. In the time BC was coach, we put most of our points up against teams with a pulse when the game was clearly lost. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was what a BC recruited QB could have done his jr. or sr. year. However, BC could never keep a QB around long enough to get there. Beck bolted. Freeman decommitted. Gabbert decommitted. With another couple of BC coached years, Suh would have been lucky to be a mid-fourth round draft pick. BC was good at getting the talent, but he rarely ever developed it once he got it to Nebraska.
DING DING DING. We have a winner. It amazes me when people talk about how good the offense was under BC. It sucked. Oh, against cupcakes, and good teams that had pulled their starters, it could score.
Does it amaze you when people say our D is good under Bo? Should we cherry pick scores of old? BC's offenses didn't do well at times..but other times it did. 200 yard IN THE FIRST HALF vs USC in 07.

Wow, that's funny.

At times, pretty much everything looks good. That was BC's offense. We had an entire season of one of the most dominant defenses I've ever seen in 09. And we decimated some extremely good offenses along the way. This season wasn't anything great, but to compare what Pelini has done on defense to what BC did on offense because of a 200 yard half in which we scored all of ONE TD, is pretty ludicrous. If that your argument, you've just proved mine. Thanks for the help, lol.

This.

You don't even have to ask yourself if the OP was serious about this. The "insider source" thing really had that insane, let's-play-russian-roullette-for-fun quality to it.

I still can't tell if this guy's account is the same as one of the primary admins previously on um...ahhhhh, what was it called? Husker something. Huskerp...hmm, it's on the tip of my tongue. I think it might actually be a post-troll trolling under the guy's name. Hard to say, either way.

I read on the HuskerBoard statuses that GSG was told by a guy who knows a guy who has an inside connection that Bo will be fired. It's obviously true because I read it on an internet message board. If you choose not to believe it, it's because you don't WANT to believe it.

This.

It's who you think it is...............

2006 was BC's best year here. We were 9-5. We put up gigantic offensive numbers like 10 against USC and 7 against OU. In the time BC was coach, we put most of our points up against teams with a pulse when the game was clearly lost. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was what a BC recruited QB could have done his jr. or sr. year. However, BC could never keep a QB around long enough to get there. Beck bolted. Freeman decommitted. Gabbert decommitted. With another couple of BC coached years, Suh would have been lucky to be a mid-fourth round draft pick. BC was good at getting the talent, but he rarely ever developed it once he got it to Nebraska.

DING DING DING. We have a winner. It amazes me when people talk about how good the offense was under BC. It sucked. Oh, against cupcakes, and good teams that had pulled their starters, it could score.

Does it amaze you when people say our D is good under Bo? Should we cherry pick scores of old?

BC's offenses didn't do well at times..but other times it did. 200 yard IN THE FIRST HALF vs USC in 07.

Edit - just realized I looked at the wrong game. Regardless, I can pull up any number of scores to contradict your point. That very same offense only scored 6 points against a far less talented defense on the road.

Also, Pelini has had two defenses finish in the top ten in scoring defense and yards allowed. Did any facet of Callahan's teams ever finish in the Top 10, in anything?

Didn't the 07 offense finish around #10?

Also...Bo had a lot of very talented BC recruits to work w/. and as they have started to leave the D has gotten worse each year. Next year is all Bo players so we'll see where we go.

AND BC had to field an offense from FS players who weren't recruited to run BC's offense...so he was handicapped off the bat. Again, BC had is faults. I just think his track record/resume show he's a great coach...and I would have liked to see how he could have grown as our HC. I already pointed out how he got better w/ recruiting in his later years at NU. AND he wanted to bring in a better DC but we wouldn't put the $ up for it.

Nebraska is too conservative...stubborn...spoiled to give an outsider like BC a legit chance IMO. He'd be better off at a place like KU, ASU, UA, WSU, S or N Carolina...etc.

It could be that...

Or maybe we are too stubborn to accept the FIRST LOSING SEASON of many of our LIFETIMES.

Or maybe we were to stubborn to accept the SECOND losing season of our lifetime.

Or possibly the calling of OU fans "effin Hillbillies" for throwing oranges, which is something that WE ALSO DID.

Or maybe it was the missing of a bowl game in over 40 YEARS.

Or maybe it was the missing of a bowl game for a SECOND time.

Or maybe it was getting embarrassed by the KANSAS FRIGGIN JAYHAWKS. Or maybe it was when we got our arses handed to us by OSU.

Or maybe it was being HC in the MOST EMBARRASSING loses in school history over multiple seasons.

Or maybe it was that he said things were "too complicated" for us.

Or maybe it was that he said "it's just one loss of one season" after handing us our first losing season in forever and our first non-bowl game season in forever.

Dude did NOT get it. Plain and simple. It was a horrid hire by a horrid AD. They are both gone. They both did irreparable damage to the Husker legacy and Husker nation. Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Fire 3

I think what is trying to be pointed out to you is, that anybody can say anything in a PM, in person, or on a message board. Just because somebody said it doesn't make it true or valid. Did you really think you were going to start an "I want Callahan back" thread and not be subjected to ridicule and smart ass comments? The Callahan/Peterson years are the absolute worst on record for this program. Seems like every week of his reign we set some new, stupidly pathetic, low for the program. He and Peterson alienated ex-players and destroyed the culture of this program. I don't care what you or anyone thinks of his recruiting, offenses, or any other compartmentalized piece of the puzzle, the fact is we hit rock bottom and started to dig while he was here. Anyone who still thinks he would be better for this program than Pelini either didn't pay attention, is severely reality challenged, or is just plain stupid. If you want to claim he was better at some specific aspect, then go right ahead but, a better head coach? That ship has sailed and it sank in a fiery explosion.

BC w/ a top notch DC would make LOTS of NU fans happy. Just get outside of the group thinkers on the internets w/ their pitch forks and you'll start to realize this. I realize this not long ago as I started talking about these thing to random NU fans I know.

While I see where you are coming from, and I agree that he could have a good team if he ran the offense and a good DC ran the defense. The problem with Callahan was more than just the results on the field. You must have a really short memory, so I'll refresh you:

-After every bad loss, all Callahan said was, "me and my coaching staff did everything perfect." Uhhhh.... No

-He completely destroyed the walk-on program

-He alienated tons of alumni members

-He and his staff didn't know how to make halftime adjustments

The list goes on, and I can't remember half of the things. I've tried to forget this horrible 4-year span in Nebraska football history.

I can't believe we are even having this discussion.... :facepalm:

I read on the HuskerBoard statuses that GSG was told by a guy who knows a guy who has an inside connection that Bo will be fired. It's obviously true because I read it on an internet message board. If you choose not to believe it, it's because you don't WANT to believe it.

Exactly. I lol'd at that.

Epic troll win for him, though.

This.

I can post a picture of the guy that told me that inside info. That's legit right?

pinochio.jpg

It was never going to happen.... but a nice theoretical would have been the BC offense with a Pelini defense. A shame Ganz didn't have an extra year or two.... we might have had a shot at the NC in '09.

Just like I always dream about the 1983 team having 1984's defense.

It was never going to happen.... but a nice theoretical would have been the BC offense with a Pelini defense. A shame Ganz didn't have an extra year or two.... we might have had a shot at the NC in '09.

Just like I always dream about the 1983 team having 1984's defense.

That happened once. It was 1995 ;)

• Fire 1

The problem seems to be we won't spend money on our coaches. Anyone know why that is? Why are we not even the top 20 for average pay of assistant coaches? maybe we should spend less on sky boxes and more on coaches...

Yes because all of the extra income off those sky boxes is a stupid idea... Even though over $40 million of it was raised through private donation... Edit: meh just forget about it... Its Friday.. Time for a martini of some sort, then argue with Carlfense about silly crap in the politics forum during the off season...

Edited by Canttakeitanymore

It's not that this thread is stupid. Well...I change my mind.

It's that it's a vicious circle. CactusboyOG is clearly not going to be convinced by anything we say here, and everything he says is just absolutely ridiculous.

Actually I'm the reasonable one. I admit the unknowns and don't just make convenient assumptions. Notice no one called out the guy that say he thinks BC was a bad/evil guy that was just good at hiding it. You guys are simply cherry picking info and ignoring facts where suitable. It all looks/sounds great until you start to look at it all a little closer.