NBC player introductions

Lots of guys do that. They give credit to their High School, or their hometown, or whatever. Nicks has given credit to NU in games. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that Suh, Raiola and Vanden Bosch called out Nebraska. Wouldn't surprise me if they coordinate on stuff like that.

Also, in the Status Update about this, Hercules said:

Hercules

Pelini banned him from the spring game or something in 2008 (just as Nicks was about to get drafted) for breaking team rules or something... He was ticked off at NU for a while, but came back to apologize to Pelini for his actions a year or two ago.

Nicks and Pelini were OK the last time I knew anything. I don't get the impression it's a "dis" against Nebraska. Some guys just like to give props to their other schools, not just their alma mater.

I'm not commenting on Nicks, just the whole 'HS' or 'JC' thing in general. It's ignorant and it looks ridiculous. This has been going on for years and I'm surprised the NFL, a company that has done an outstanding job protecting their brand image, hasn't put a stop a to it.

It was kind of cute about 7 years ago, but now it's just plain stupid. It's amateur and reminds of something you would see in the NBA. The league that is about individuals always trying to one up each other.

I'm not commenting on Nicks, just the whole 'HS' or 'JC' thing in general. It's ignorant and it looks ridiculous. This has been going on for years and I'm surprised the NFL, a company that has done an outstanding job protecting their brand image, hasn't put a stop a to it.

It was kind of cute about 7 years ago, but now it's just plain stupid.

Are these players lying? How does it hurt the NFL's brand image?

If people went to (or cheer for) whatever HS or JuCo these players mentioned, I'm guessing those people think it's pretty cool. Nebraska, USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, "enter any Div 1 football program here" gets plenty of national exposure, definately more than some small JuCo. Let the players have their fun, they are the ones that earned it.

As mentioned before, "nothing to lose sleep over"

How is this suddenly an issue? Guys do this all the time.

Doesn't seem to be an "issue" in general, more of a surprise (not to me as stated above) when it happens to be a guy who played at Nebraska

Guys who do it are generally douchebags that didn't finish and don't plan on finishing their education and/or had no real connection towards their college program-

In this case the shoe seems to fit

Guys who do it are generally douchebags that didn't finish and don't plan on finishing their education and/or had no real connection towards their college program-

I don't get that impression at all. Granted, I don't watch much NFL football anymore, and the long-winded player introductions are about as interesting to me as the pop-star musical intro piece, but even I've seen this kind of thing many times, from some pretty decent and well-known players. Seems like they say different schools for different games, to spread around "props" and to do something different. I'm sure doing an intro like that for every single game, including pre-season and playoffs, gets pretty boring for these guys.

Didn't anyone else notice that Suh said something like "The University of Nebraska and Portland, Oregon." ? It's just players spreading the love.

NIcks isn't the first former Husker to give a shout out to someplace other than the college he attended. Hell Barrett Rudd said Lincoln SE in an intro, does he get a pass because he mentioned a HS in the state???

Those who are getting butt puckered and butt hurt over this seriously need to find a new hobby to help them relax. What a joke.

Doesn't seem to be an "issue" in general, more of a surprise (not to me as stated above) when it happens to be a guy who played at Nebraska

That's a load of crap. But judging from 95.7% of your other posts, I'm sure you already know that.

That's a load of crap. But judging from 95.7% of your other posts, I'm sure you already know that.

nice