How would YOU fix this Defense?

Play the exact same scheme as we did against USCeast the first half. We held the number nine ranked football team that runs a zone read system to 14 points 7 of which came off a dumbass play. But surely, there is zero talent on our football team!!!!!!!!! :)

1) Recruit top notch athletes aka 4 and 5* players.

2) Change to an attacking defense where the DE's can rush more instead of playing contain. Yes, mobile QB's need to be "contained" but MSU (and VT to a large degree) showed how you contain a big time "mobile QB" like Denard.

3) Recruit.

4) Get better DL play. I guess the hiring of Kaczyinski is a step....

5) Recruit.

I'm sure Bo's been picking up the 3 stars and walkons just out of spite. 4 and 5 star players, hell that's not asking for much.

think we lower taxes and get fuel back to a buck a gallon while we're at it.

That's not the point. Or maybe you just can't comprehend. The statement about Bo's recruiting is that he's either not involved as much or just plain SUCKS at it.

Again, how many guys that Bo's recruited out of HS have become difference makers? Rex? Please. Rex is good/decent for the garbage offense we run now but don't tell me that Oregon, MI or WI are salivating over Rex. Other than Rex and maybe Bell.... there's no one who seems to be a great player that would match up with teams in the top 10. No one.

Looking at Stanford, Oregon, MI, OkieLite. Hell, even WVA and Clemson is embarrassing. Our talent level is MAC-worthy. Cory Raymond pretty much eluded to that.

You must be the moron that called big red reaction with a Rex bashing after the game, caugh hell for it over the radio the next night then tried to call Sports Nightly to try and explain and reconfigure your previous statement. If not, then I guess there's 2 really ignorant Husker fans. And all your reply did was reiterate what I said. Getting a plethora of 4 and 5 star players to Lincoln, NE is not something you just do. Hell, even Osborne couldnt do it.

You must be pretty friggin stupid for coming up with that analogy.

Just stop before you embarrass yourself more... You realize that we basically dominated the first half of the South Carolina game right? Maybe the scoreboard didn't show it, but we did. There's plenty of talent on the team, it's just young and undeveloped as of right now...

1. Bo needs to do some self reflection and determine whether his complex scheme is the right fit for college kids. Remember, BC's scheme "worked", but that didn't make it work (wins and losses, and BC got fired). Even with DOMINANT Ds in 2009 and 2010, Bo neither got to a BCS game nor won a CCG.

2. Regarding #1, it comes down to Bo's pride and arrogance, even TO came to realize that he needed to change (move to option O, change to a 4-3). Being able to swallow pride and adapt is a mark of a real CEO/HC.

3. Can you get talent onto the field and put them into a position to make plays? This reflects both #1 and #2. It is a question not only of accepting a player's weakness and playing to their strengths, but moreover, of player development overall.

4. Pass Rush

Too much read and react going on defensively. This bend but don't break stuff doesn't sit well with me at all. The great Nebraska defenses never bent or broke. We broke the opponents. This current defensive strategy involves too much reading during the play. We need to go out with a plan and do what we do. Execute the game plan. These players are doing way too much thinking and not enough playing ball! Go out there and do what you do better than they do what they do. Simple strategies, simple execution. I'm tired of watching our defensive lineman dance around and play patty cake all day. Get after these guys! Blitz hard and fast with LB'ers and for the love of God get those CB's up there in the face of those WR"s. I understand not wanting to allow big plays, but the only way a defense is going to get a big play is to play aggressively. I have watched teams dink and dunk all the way down the field on us too many times.

Too much read and react going on defensively. This bend but don't break stuff doesn't sit well with me at all. The great Nebraska defenses never bent or broke. We broke the opponents. This current defensive strategy involves too much reading during the play. We need to go out with a plan and do what we do. Execute the game plan. These players are doing way too much thinking and not enough playing ball! Go out there and do what you do better than they do what they do. Simple strategies, simple execution. I'm tired of watching our defensive lineman dance around and play patty cake all day. Get after these guys! Blitz hard and fast with LB'ers and for the love of God get those CB's up there in the face of those WR"s. I understand not wanting to allow big plays, but the only way a defense is going to get a big play is to play aggressively. I have watched teams dink and dunk all the way down the field on us too many times.

When the defense is hitting on all cylinders the way it is designed, there really is no bending. I don't like that expression either, but you can just look at the 2009 defense and see the example of what happens when Bo's scheme is done correctly. Amazing line play by Suh and his teammates, the emergence of Phillip Dillard at LB, and the best secondary in the nation. Dang, I loved that D!!

When the defense is hitting on all cylinders the way it is designed, there really is no bending. I don't like that expression either, but you can just look at the 2009 defense and see the example of what happens when Bo's scheme is done correctly. Amazing line play by Suh and his teammates, the emergence of Phillip Dillard at LB, and the best secondary in the nation. Dang, I loved that D!!

IF we have to have that level of talent across the board but especially a player like Suh for it to hit on all cylinders then it needs to be tweaked because I don't see that happening much. Really, I thnk teams have just started figuring out ways to attack Pelini's defense and we haven't come up with an answer for it yet.

1) Recruit top notch athletes aka 4 and 5* players.

2) Change to an attacking defense where the DE's can rush more instead of playing contain. Yes, mobile QB's need to be "contained" but MSU (and VT to a large degree) showed how you contain a big time "mobile QB" like Denard.

3) Recruit.

4) Get better DL play. I guess the hiring of Kaczyinski is a step....

5) Recruit.

I'm sure Bo's been picking up the 3 stars and walkons just out of spite. 4 and 5 star players, hell that's not asking for much.

think we lower taxes and get fuel back to a buck a gallon while we're at it.

That's not the point. Or maybe you just can't comprehend. The statement about Bo's recruiting is that he's either not involved as much or just plain SUCKS at it.

Again, how many guys that Bo's recruited out of HS have become difference makers? Rex? Please. Rex is good/decent for the garbage offense we run now but don't tell me that Oregon, MI or WI are salivating over Rex. Other than Rex and maybe Bell.... there's no one who seems to be a great player that would match up with teams in the top 10. No one.

Looking at Stanford, Oregon, MI, OkieLite. Hell, even WVA and Clemson is embarrassing. Our talent level is MAC-worthy. Cory Raymond pretty much eluded to that.

Was so much nicer when the aforementioned was absent, due to throwing rocks at small children or kicking puppies...

But yeah, everyone on this team is crap. Lets load them up on a bus, have them take a field trip, and have them drive off Donner Pass.

When that happens the genetically mutated players that have been gestating in Turner Gill's basement (who will be hired after we fire Bo), will all spring forth as 4 and 5 star recruits, and we'll never win less than 12 games ever again, and the budget will be balanced, everyone will get good healthcare, there will be peace in the middle east and the cubs will win the world series