Final AP Poll out

knapplc

It's hard to tell. Bama/LSU defenses/offenses are designed to compete against other SEC teams. Just like our defense found out this year - style of opponent dictactes a lot of things. OSU would have been something new for both of these teams. I don't think either would have won by 21 points. I would have expected a 43-40ish type of finish. Certainly would have kept me awake.

That's what I'm thinking would happen. A shootout, because OSU's defense couldn't stop the Bama/LSU offenses, and I think the OSU offense would be able to take advantage of quick passing and keep Weeden on his feet.

And I definitely would have watched the game, rather than ignoring it for DVR'd Dirty Jobs and Daily Show episodes.

Nebraska is one of only eight teams in the country to have been ranked in the final AP poll each of the last three seasons. The list:

Alabama

LSU

Oregon

Boise State

Wisconsin

TCU

Virginia Tech

Nebraska

Everything may not be going right here in Lincoln. But not everything is going wrong.

• Fire 3

9 win seasons shouldn't be the benchmark anymore if they barely land you top 25. Realistically we shouldn't be rated.

:facepalm: I would rather have a 9 win season and be ranked in the top 25 than have a 7-7 season or a 5-7 season like 2007. Granted, we were not a top 15 team this year, but when 3 of our losses came to teams with 11 wins, I would say a 9-4 season in our first year in the Big Ten isn't too shabby.

I can't speak for everyone, but this Husker fan will continue to keep 9 win seasons as the benchmark. If we go above and beyond 9 wins in a given year...fantastic, and if we don't... then that's when you know something is truly wrong with your team. That's when you know your team is slipping in some area (ex. coaching, talent, recruiting, scheme, or whatever).

USA today has an interactive poll where you can see how certain coaches voted. It's interesting.

http://www.usatoday....lots/51647436/1

The Huskers ranged from 16-22.

Thanks for that, it really is interesting to look at. Spurrier voted us 15th and Saban and Bo himself voted us 16th along with Marshall's, Bowling Green's, and Syracuse's coaches. And we didn't get any love from Baylor, Boise State, La Tech, Virginia, or Iowa State (go figure) all 20th.

*Edit*

actually that's the old poll used in the final BCS calculations (as evidenced by LSU being a unanimous #1), I don't think they've released the new interactive poll from the final ballot yet...

Oops, either way it's still interesting to see that.

After seeing what LSU did to Oregon earlier in the year, I don't think Okie State would have posed much of a problem to either team last night. Oregon's offense was rated just one spot behind Okie State, and their defense was rated several spots ahead of Okie State. West Virginia also had a high octane offense that didn't pose much of a threat to LSU either. Arkansas got a total beat down by LSU and Alabama with their high octane offense.