Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree. Thought it was very well done but hearing some of the dialogue was problematic.

I found out I really didn’t know much about Oppenheimer beyond the obvious. I thought Cillian, Downey jr and Damon were fantastic. Often it’s very easy to associate actors with prior roles but all 3 were excellent at not reminding me of anything except who they were playing in this movie.

Agreed 100% 

Anyone But You:  I LOVE Rom-Coms but this one was just not all that good.

Iron Claw:  About 3rd of the way through it and I like it.

Rewatching the Sopranos and honestly, it holds up.  Decent rewatch.

I rewatched 24 a few years ago and it was great.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Okay, Iron Claw is great.

The ending is so sad, what a great movie though.  

Spoiler

Dude, so brutal. When Zac Efron's character was playing with his kids and he drops the, "I don't have any more brothers" I misted up pretty badly.

37 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:
  Hide contents

Dude, so brutal. When Zac Efron's character was playing with his kids and he drops the, "I don't have any more brothers" I misted up pretty badly.

Spoiler

And the "after life" scene, where they all meet their "big brother"

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Suits season 8 is the worst season of the show.  But, the last episode made it all worth watching.  Midway through season 9 and wishing it wasn't ending.

LOVED that show when it first started and then I feel like they kind of went away from Mike's "super brain", which was fine, just seemed odd.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Suits season 8 is the worst season of the show.  But, the last episode made it all worth watching.  Midway through season 9 and wishing it wasn't ending.

Funny you should bring up Suits. My wife has been telling me these last few weeks that I should watch it. Finally decided I would and NOW it gets recommended on HB.

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Funny you should bring up Suits. My wife has been telling me these last few weeks that I should watch it. Finally decided I would and NOW it gets recommended on HB.

So, if you have not seen it...it is about a guy that starts a metal work machine shop...and man, let me tell you...it gets CRAZY!!!

(Still not sure if that is what you do)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

So, if you have not seen it...it is about a guy that starts a metal work machine shop...and man, let me tell you...it gets CRAZY!!!

(Still not sure if that is what you do)

Close enough. And I know Suits has absolutely nothing to do with that.

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, GSG said:

I had never seen The Wire

*ducks*

Been watching it occasionally. Pretty good

The Wire is awesome.

Speaking of “ducks”. The other day I referenced Pulp Fiction to my son and he said he’d never seen it.  I couldn’t believe it. I gave him a slack jawed WTF and he thought that was pretty funny.

• Plus1 1