Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I watched the first episode of Black Mirror and it was one of the worst shows ever written. Basically, the plot is: let's see what would happen if there were a series of events that don't make sense because all the characters chose to do the dumbest thing possible. Like if Beavis and Butthead wrote a TV show.

To be honest I didn't appreciate the first few episodes all that much. I'd encourage you to keep watching. There are a few duds early on but there are some really good episodes and once you get the feel for it, it all kind of makes sense.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Then it was over your head is all.

Nope. Here's an example of the main crux of the episode: psycho killer holding someone hostage but might let them go if we meet some ridiculous demand. Oh, ok, then make the British PM meet that demand because that's the dumbest thing we could do. And it's not like just one character is pushing for this irrational choice - it's most (all?) of them. It's lazy writing at it's worst: have a scenario that we want to happen but instead of some logical path to get there, we'll just have every character make an irrational choice to setup the outcome we want.

8 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I actually understand if you only watched the first episode to Season 1.  Give a couple more a try.  IThe heme is far more deep than what you saw in one episode.   

That episode made such a bad impression on me that I doubt I'll ever bother to watch another episode. My wife and I have moved on to Mind Hunters

On 1/22/2018 at 7:34 PM, RedDenver said:

That episode made such a bad impression on me that I doubt I'll ever bother to watch another episode. My wife and I have moved on to Mind Hunters

I understand. I really didn't like the three episodes in season #1 either. Try "White Christmas" and "Nosedive" in season 2 and see if those change your mind. I'll wager that you'll end up watching the whole series. Even though each episode is a different story some of the themes and related technology builds on each other so it does pay off to watch them all in order. Like you, I gave up on the whole shebang after the first two episodes but I'm glad I went back and gave it another try. Mindhunters is pretty darned good too BTW.

Mindhunters was a good watch can’t wait for season 2 . Some have been mentioned but my top 6 netflix are 

1. Sons of Anarchy 

2. Breaking Bad 

3. Shameless

4. Wentworth 

5. Weeds 

6. Nurse Jackie 

if you have access to HBO streaming(I do) I’d go with Game of Thrones, Sopranos, True Blood (first 4 seasons or so ) Ballers, WestWorld etc

I’m currently watching The Leftovers, and The Killing , and The Duece depending on my mood . None of them completely have  my attention yet. 

Dexter, The Wire, 6 feet under are on the list 

Edited by Big Red 40
  • Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

if you have access to HBO streaming(I do) ... 

Have you watched Vinyl on HBO streaming?  It's pretty good.  But oddly, HBO canceled it after one season.  So there's only ten episodes.  Fricken HBO.