Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

Dave Chappelle has 2 comedy specials coming out today on Netflix.  Should be worth checking them out.

18 hours ago, teachercd said:

Saw some of it...not at PC as I would like 

Boy if there's one thing I cannot stand it is when a comedian is not PC. I hate it when they think they can just offend whoever they feel like in the name of comedy. Ooooh I'm getting mad just thinking about it. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Boy if there's one thing I cannot stand it is when a comedian is not PC. I hate it when they think they can just offend whoever they feel like in the name of comedy. Ooooh I'm getting mad just thinking about it. :lol:

Why the heck do comedians have to get on stage and make fun of different types of people?  It really turns me off!!!

2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

You are not the only one!  Wink!

"So, There was a new female boss at my work and guess what...she ended up doing a great job and raising profits 35%"  (Crowd waits for punchline but there isn't one)

Edited by teachercd
On 12/26/2017 at 9:23 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

The new Will Smith movie Bright is excellent so far. That's right, I've only watched the first half but that was enough for me to give it the thumbs up. 

That does look good.  Think I'll give it a look.  I'm not a huge fan of Will Smith as an actor.  But I have to admit that I like most of the movies he's been in.  

On 1/2/2018 at 8:35 AM, BIG ERN said:

D A R K

I am halfway through this series and definitely enjoy it. It's in German. Do not watch in the dubbed over English voices that it has set. Switch that show to German audio and English sub titles. 

Just finished this series last night. Amazing 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished all 3 seasons of Broadchurch, really good series, worth a watch. I can’t put my finger on exactly what it was I liked about it. I think maybe it’s that the actors and characters are sort of different and unique. I found myself thinking that the characters acted and reacted differently than in most similar shows. So I guess I liked that it was a bit different even though I really didn’t relate too well to any of them. I wonder if it all seems a lot more normal to the folks that live in England. But anyway, it’s really well made and rather suspenseful.

17 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Broadchurch final season was excellent.

And Black Mirror - I need a group to discuss it with.  Many underlying themes and meanings.  Wait til you watch Black Museum.

The third season of Broadchurch was my least favorite. Still very good but not my favorite due to how they portrayed so many of the men on that topic. I have trouble believing there would be so many involved, in a small town like that, that would be so callous to rape or otherwise such low life's. I guess that is what I was getting at earlier when I said I was struggling with the direction of the characters. It was kind of a theme throughout the whole series. Made it different for sure but I really had trouble relating to any of the characters.

Coincidentally, I got back to watching Black Mirror last night and noticed in s1 ep3 the actress who played the mother on Broadchurch was the same as the wife in that one. I'd bet dollars to donuts both those shows are produced/created by many of the same people. The pacing of the shows (slow) is very similar and obviously of English origin.