Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

10 minutes ago, Redux said:

Final season or so of Mad Men was really phoned in, could have been much better.  Still pretty good though.

Rick and Morty......if you aren't watching, change this immediately.  Start from beginning, watch in order.  Hulu has 1st 2 seasons, or YouTube probably has them all.  It's best show on TV right now.

What is this Mind hunters?

Totally agree!  Mad Men got sort of lame.  It sort of turned into a poor mans Dallas

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'd like to start Rick and Morty, but for some reason, I just can get into Dan Harmon. I tried hard to like Community, but it never clicked with me. 

Never watched a single episode of Community so I can't compare.  The combo of he and Justin Roiland are perfect for this type of cartoon comedy.  The intricacies and attention to detail are beautiful.  And the dialougue is stellar.

3 hours ago, Redux said:

Final season or so of Mad Men was really phoned in, could have been much better.  Still pretty good though.

Rick and Morty......if you aren't watching, change this immediately.  Start from beginning, watch in order.  Hulu has 1st 2 seasons, or YouTube probably has them all.  It's best show on TV right now.

What is this Mind hunters?

Mindhunters is a show based off of the book. Basically is the investigation into serial killers to figure out what makes them tick so they can help solve deviant murderers. 

Its pretty damn good.

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Man, I wanted Friends From College to be my new favorite show but I just couldn't get into it.

Fair point. I think most people's problem with it is they saw Keegan Michael Key and were expecting a pure comedy show but both him and Jordan Peake are branching out into more serious waters. I think the premise of the show is good and finished the first season and enjoyed it but can definitely see how it's not everyone's cup of tea.

9 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Don't get me wrong; it's good. Sometimes great. But so far, it doesn't belong in the same discussion as Breaking Bad or The Wire. 

It's funny how opinions differ on various shows (or just life "stuff" in general). It would rank right at the top for me. Followed by Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Office, and Lost.

As for Mad Men. I just really found an appreciation for how intricate every character was. Draper was an especially complicated one (my favorite television character of all-time). Also, how well they captured that time frame.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
54 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's funny how opinions differ on various shows (or just life "stuff" in general). It would rank right at the top for me. Followed by Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Office, and Lost.

As for Mad Men. I just really found an appreciation for how intricate every character was. Draper was an especially complicated one (my favorite television character of all-time). Also, how well they captured that time frame.

Draper's character arc and how Peggy's reflects it has been my favorite aspect of the show thus far. 

Seasons 1-5 of Lost would be on my list as well, if it wasn't for that pesky 6th season. 

On 10/19/2017 at 1:40 PM, ScottyIce said:

Mindhunters is a show based off of the book. Basically is the investigation into serial killers to figure out what makes them tick so they can help solve deviant murderers. 

Its pretty damn good.

Agreed. We just started watching it and I think we're through five episodes. Probably knock out a couple others tonight.

The pacing can be a bit odd at times and the main character is a bit irritating but that appears to be who he is so I don't have a problem with it.

Spoiler

I'm interested to see where the BTK stuff is going. They've started a few episodes teasing that plot point and then they don't reference it the rest of the episode.

7 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Just finished Stranger Things 2. I liked it even more than the first season. You need to watch these if you haven’t already.

We finished the last three episodes last night. Holy cow was it good. The only thing I think the first season did a better job of was 

Spoiler

generating suspense. I think that was probably always going to be the case because the first season presented a whole new idea and concept, leaving the rules and understanding of the Upside Down at a minimum. Season 2 didn't have that luxury.

I also thought the very ending shot of S2:E9 was a little 'meh.' The Snow Ball was fantastic, no question. The Duffer brothers said they knew all season long they wanted to end with the Snow Ball and that's what they were building everything toward. But, showing the Shadow Monster outside the school in the Upside Down made me think 'well, yeah, El/Jane didn't kill him so obviously he's still there...' Unless they were trying to suggest he's going to try and attack and, so far, we haven't seen any creature from the Upside Down impact the real world without using the gate.

• Plus1 1