How good can we be with TM under center next year?

G0B1GRED

I think if you're man enough to stand up and say, "I'm going to make it my mission to prove this man wrong" then yes, it is motivation.

But if the players are gonna be pusses and cry about how the comment hurt their feelings, then they don't need to be on the field in the first place.

MAN UP!!!

How much manning up do you see on the field during the games? I have every game on DVR. I watched them all and can't see 1 single time where a player on this team grabs another player by the facemask and tells them to "man up". Other than Lavonte David, it didn't look to me like anyone else out there was ready to take this team on their shoulders. You could say Burkhead carried the other side of the ball, but I didn't see once that those guys displayed the vocal leadership on the field. I didn't see a team that rallied around each other. Neither side of the ball seemed to feed off each other's energy. Taylor Martinez sure as hell doesn't open his mouth out there. This lead by example stuff is great, but sometimes it takes more than that. Grant Wistrom, Tommie Frazier, and the Peter Bros' could all say a thing or two about that. Broderick Thomas, Trev Alberts..so on so forth. Those teams weren't just great for no reason. Those guys fought hard for each other, and held each other to a high level. I don't see it on Bo's teams. They answer to Bo and that's it. What about answering to each other? These guys are supposed to be brothers? Where is the brotherhood?

LOL. you kill me.

No, these people kill all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=286UlugVW40&feature=related

No these people had nothing to do with your entertaining post. LOL

But I will agree NOT good.

wow

Pesonally I could care less what anyone thinks about my opinions. I have listened to all the others, such as the ones we will be winning MNC in Bo's 5th season, we will win the Big 10 due to our speed and athletisism. We recruit who we want, not who others tell us are better. 12 win seasons, the best defense in the country, and on and on and on. You are fans, not normal is the meaning I guess. I am just what it is. We have seen nothing in the past four years to indicate this is a championship team, nothing to indicate we can play with elite teams, nothing to indicate the staff truly has plan and the parts are coming together, nothing to indicate a desire to take the next step in top of the line coaching.

So I will look at things, make my predictions, listen to all rail on me, and then when the year is over, we are standing at 9-4 or worse, will know that my predictions were correct and all the name callers will be whining about one player or another or a certain coach or another, when the only one to blame is the Head Coach

This has happened for about the last ten years, far closer to right than most likely 90% percent on here. So go ahead and explain how correct you are, tell me about all the wins, the MNC, the CCG we will win, how we actually have out recruited Ohio State, Michigan, how are head coach is so much better than anyone else. Maybe Michigan would trade Brady for Bo.

How next year, losing three of the best defensive players, we will rise to the top of the defensive categorys because Bo wills us there, how his return to coaching will take players hardly recruited by top programs will grow into these monsters, and then again in January I will look at the results,, and it will be 9-4, routed by Michigan, Ohio State, SEC bowl team and to an unknow that got blew out the week before.

Your right no question, I am wrong. So bet it.

The feeling is pretty much the same. That's why we disagree with ya. :lame

"we" looks more like YOU.....shorty.

Keep thinking that. You look more like a hater of NU sports everytime you post.

• Fire 2

Man. Brion's HS film is awesome. Makes a lot of big boy throws. Check out what he does on the move, too. Not as fast, but he does have some burst and a nose for running the ball. He won't be one of those guys like Cody Green that is really fast, but takes ages to get going.

Not to diss Taylor or Turner, but I don't know how you could watch Brion's HS film and criticize his throwing technique, and then talk those two up.

1:00 (run), 1:20, 3:14, etc.

[says nothing about where they are now or how they have developed since coming here. but you're just talking about HS film, and so am I]

I just hope when Brion or Tommy takes it over, you guys ride his jock as hard as you ride Taylors.

The problem with your argument, as mentioned above, is the impression that we're all riding 'his jock', which couldn't be further from the truth. I honestly don't give one dust in the wind who our quarterback is, as long as he's the best player on our team at that position. Your problem is you lump disagreement into some misplaced infatuation with Martinez, which isn't accurate.

I have said - on multiple occasions, mind you - that I don't defend Martinez - I defend arguments against him that have little to no factual basis, don't make sense to me or are purely conjecture. For example, I don't care if people think Pelini worships a Martinez altar, but to use it in an argument as if it's fact or some kind of accepted variable is downright foolish and idiotic, would you not agree? I'm not saying you specifically do this, but there are others out there who have, even on this page, I believe.

In conjunction, I'd be more than happy for Carnes to start if that's who the coaches pick, but I'm not going to sit here and say he or somebody else needs a shot. If the coaches don't think they deserve it, then they don't, and it's plain and simple. You (and me, included) sit behind a computer screen and suggest explanations/fixes without any repercussions. Pelini has to do it with the pressures of millions of prying eyes and a big paycheck on a well-lit stage. That's the position he put himself in - I don't feel sorry for him. But I do understand that it's a lot easier to say one thing on a message board then to actually do it. And this isn't to say we CAN'T talk about football, or make suggestions. Instead, we should consider our position and theirs, and formulate our arguments accordingly.

I'm not for Martinez, but I'm also not against him. I just don't support poorly substantiated arguments against any player or coach. It's pretty simple.

• Fire 3

The problem with your argument, as mentioned above, is the impression that we're all riding 'his jock', which couldn't be further from the truth. I honestly don't give one dust in the wind who our quarterback is, as long as he's the best player on our team at that position. Your problem is you lump disagreement into some misplaced infatuation with Martinez, which isn't accurate.

I have said - on multiple occasions, mind you - that I don't defend Martinez - I defend arguments against him that have little to no factual basis, don't make sense to me or are purely conjecture. For example, I don't care if people think Pelini worships a Martinez altar, but to use it in an argument as if it's fact or some kind of accepted variable is downright foolish and idiotic, would you not agree? I'm not saying you specifically do this, but there are others out there who have, even on this page, I believe.

In conjunction, I'd be more than happy for Carnes to start if that's who the coaches pick, but I'm not going to sit here and say he or somebody else needs a shot. If the coaches don't think they deserve it, then they don't, and it's plain and simple. You (and me, included) sit behind a computer screen and suggest explanations/fixes without any repercussions. Pelini has to do it with the pressures of millions of prying eyes and a big paycheck on a well-lit stage. That's the position he put himself in - I don't feel sorry for him. But I do understand that it's a lot easier to say one thing on a message board then to actually do it. And this isn't to say we CAN'T talk about football, or make suggestions. Instead, we should consider our position and theirs, and formulate our arguments accordingly.

I'm not for Martinez, but I'm also not against him. I just don't support poorly substantiated arguments against any player or coach. It's pretty simple.

Post of the Year.

Post of the Year.

Second. I could've said all that, but Enhance did such a good job that now I don't have to! chuckleshuffle

Man. Brion's HS film is awesome. Makes a lot of big boy throws. Check out what he does on the move, too. Not as fast, but he does have some burst and a nose for running the ball. He won't be one of those guys like Cody Green that is really fast, but takes ages to get going.

Not to diss Taylor or Turner, but I don't know how you could watch Brion's HS film and criticize his throwing technique, and then talk those two up.

1:00 (run), 1:20, 3:14, etc.

[says nothing about where they are now or how they have developed since coming here. but you're just talking about HS film, and so am I]

I think he quicken up his delivery. The one thing I don't understand is how he is so accurate, but he gets no spin on it (wobbles). If he had the spin that Tommy gets on his ball it would only make him more accurate.

There is obviously some reason why the coaches hardly played him. Pelini likes to get his QB time. Look at the 2010 season with Cody Green coming in every once in a while (fumbling). I think we should keep Turner at WR if we can, but if he is the best QB then give him a shot. I have no issue with starting T-Mart I just want to see what this offense can do without him.

The spring game should be an interesting watch.

I know this will probably open a whole 'nother can of worms...

With us not landing Fuller I am bummed. I had hoped that getting him to commit would've lit a fire under T-marts ass even more than before. If he'd have committed and shown the talent we've seen that maybe he could've posed a "threat" to T-mart and hopefully some healthy competition would've spurred him on some....

I'm not so sure competition will make a bit of difference. My guess is Taylor practices really well, he's likely solid in the film room, and has a good understanding of the offense. He's clearly the best guy Sunday-Friday (and most Saturdays) and he works really hard to be the best. I just don't feel any amount of competition will allow him to gain better pocket awareness, or become a better scrambler, or make better reads/decisions during the game. Sometimes you just have it, or your don't. After 26ish starts, Taylor's final game of the season showed us he is no better today at these things than he was 26 games ago.

His improved in plenty of other areas. He doesn't fumble nearly as frequently, he's passing the ball a little better, he's checking down to his RB, running the option better, the playbook has opened up for him....but, he still lacks considerably in some key areas. And unfortunately it's areas where "football instinct" are the drivers - and that's just not something you can coach into a player. It's like David...Bo always attributed so much of his play to just solid football insticts. They guy just had it. He knew where the ball was going. It wasn't coaching - I mean he was setting Husker records months after arriving on campus.

Maybe another offseason and a few more starts under the new offense and it'll click. But after 26 starts he clearly doesn't have it. Will it take another 20 to get it? Can we afford that wait? Can Bo? Or is it better to get going on the next guy? I think Bo chose to get going on the next guy w/ Taylor over Lee in 2010. Will he do it again?

He's a sophomore. Doesn't matter how tired people are of hearing it. He's still learning the game. NFL QBs six years into their careers are still learning the game. 26 starts does not mean that stating "he's a sophomore" is an excuse. It is a fact of life. Fan impatience does not obviate this.

I went to the Volleyball banquet Saturday night. The three seniors ALL described how they kept learning, each year, and sometimes had to relearn lessons they thought they had down. Three really heartfelt, honest, and at times self-incriminating speeches from girls who were everything from career benchwarmers to All-Americans, team captains and undisputed leaders. These are athletes who know a thing or two about how to excel, and each one of them said they went into their senior year with things to learn, room to grow.

Brooke Delano, who had more career starts by her Junior year than Martinez will have in his entire career, talked at length about the lessons she learned, the mistakes she continued to make, and how she got it - midway through her senior season. Being girls, there were many instances of tears, but the common theme was growing, learning, developing throughout their careers. Their whole careers.

Coincidentally, sitting a couple of tables away from us was one Mr. Taylor Martinez, guest of Ms. Lauren Cook.

From Sipple

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/qb_stats_to_chew_on.html

In two seasons as starter, Martinez has completed 57.4 percent of his passes for 3,720 yards (143 per game) and 23 touchdowns, with 15 picks. Compare those numbers to ones put up by former Nebraska greats Eric Crouch and Tommie Frazier.

Crouch was a 51.5-percent career passer in college. He threw for 4,481 yards and 29 touchdowns, and had 25 passes picked off, including 10 as a senior in 2001 (versus seven TD throws).

Frazier was a 49.5-percent career passer. He threw for 3,521 yards and 43 touchdowns, and had 11 picked off.

I know this will probably open a whole 'nother can of worms...

With us not landing Fuller I am bummed. I had hoped that getting him to commit would've lit a fire under T-marts ass even more than before. If he'd have committed and shown the talent we've seen that maybe he could've posed a "threat" to T-mart and hopefully some healthy competition would've spurred him on some....

I'm not so sure competition will make a bit of difference. My guess is Taylor practices really well, he's likely solid in the film room, and has a good understanding of the offense. He's clearly the best guy Sunday-Friday (and most Saturdays) and he works really hard to be the best. I just don't feel any amount of competition will allow him to gain better pocket awareness, or become a better scrambler, or make better reads/decisions during the game. Sometimes you just have it, or your don't. After 26ish starts, Taylor's final game of the season showed us he is no better today at these things than he was 26 games ago.

His improved in plenty of other areas. He doesn't fumble nearly as frequently, he's passing the ball a little better, he's checking down to his RB, running the option better, the playbook has opened up for him....but, he still lacks considerably in some key areas. And unfortunately it's areas where "football instinct" are the drivers - and that's just not something you can coach into a player. It's like David...Bo always attributed so much of his play to just solid football insticts. They guy just had it. He knew where the ball was going. It wasn't coaching - I mean he was setting Husker records months after arriving on campus.

Maybe another offseason and a few more starts under the new offense and it'll click. But after 26 starts he clearly doesn't have it. Will it take another 20 to get it? Can we afford that wait? Can Bo? Or is it better to get going on the next guy? I think Bo chose to get going on the next guy w/ Taylor over Lee in 2010. Will he do it again?

Evaluating the outcome of one game and using that as the grounds for claiming that Taylor doesn't have "it" is beyond ridiculous. There are so many instances in that game that were out of Taylor's control that we certainly can't ascertain wether it was on the shoulder's of Taylor or perhaps the shoulder's [or hands] of the WRs, or on the shoulder's of the offensive linemen.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Receivers dropping passes show as an incompletion to the QB just as much as a QB overthrowing the ball does. Rushing yards for a QB are a result of a sound offensive line, good decision making by Taylor [in option plays]; if he doesn't have a lane, he isn't going to go anywhere.