DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

Personally, I don't think we should take him. Scholarships are needed at other positions.

I agree we need scholarships at other positions... but we have room this year for close to 25 if i'm not mistaken. The Aaron Green transfer opened up a spot as well. So the fact that we can take a big class this year, and the fact that a majority of our DT's were injured by the end of the season and through spring training tells me the coaches need exceptional depth on the Oline/Dline in the Big 10 and will continue to take a couple guys at each position.

I think we take 2 DT's this year and 3-4 DE's this year. We'll take 3-4 DB's, and 3 LB's.

On offense I think we take 4OL, 1 RB, 1-2 QB's, 3 WR, 2 TE. We might even go for a K/P but I think we hold off on that until next years class. Bondi is definitely good enough to get the job done. And we have a good walk on coming in.

DE is our biggest position of need on Defense and QB/WR is our biggest position of need on offense. We are scarcely thin at DE though. We've already accepted 2 as commitments and we are still throwing out offers so we'll take at least 3.

Personally, I don't think we should take him. Scholarships are needed at other positions.

I agree we need scholarships at other positions... but we have room this year for close to 25 if i'm not mistaken. The Aaron Green transfer opened up a spot as well. So the fact that we can take a big class this year, and the fact that a majority of our DT's were injured by the end of the season and through spring training tells me the coaches need exceptional depth on the Oline/Dline in the Big 10 and will continue to take a couple guys at each position.

I think we take 2 DT's this year and 3-4 DE's this year. We'll take 3-4 DB's, and 3 LB's.

On offense I think we take 4OL, 1 RB, 1-2 QB's, 3 WR, 2 TE. We might even go for a K/P but I think we hold off on that until next years class. Bondi is definitely good enough to get the job done. And we have a good walk on coming in.

DE is our biggest position of need on Defense and QB/WR is our biggest position of need on offense. We are scarcely thin at DE though. We've already accepted 2 as commitments and we are still throwing out offers so we'll take at least 3.

Meh.

I didn't say don't take a DT, just not a need for a juco kid at this position.

• Fire 2

Meh.

I didn't say don't take a DT, just not a need for a juco kid at this position.

Agreed. I think we should only take a high school kid at DT. No need for a JUCO at this time.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

When do recruiting services release ratings on JUCO prospects? Not that stars are the most important thing in the world, just curious.

beau sandland our JC TE target has already been rated by 247. he is rated a 96 overall which is almost a 5 star (98 is 5 star)

Toby is an early grad, and will be done in December. If we locked him up it would mean alot that he would be here for spring ball.

out of our 12 recruits we have now. Lacatoure and Love are early graduates. is anyone else that I am missing?