S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

I'm sure Da Skers can verify how true this is, but it's been said that they tried to move Cotton to another position, basically creating a new position from what I've gathered, and th new AD didn't sign off on it, and TO did or would have

That's the word around the water cooler, maybe da Skers will see this and verify as It may not be completely accurate.

I know that is what a lot of people were assuming was going to happen, but I hadn't heard. Thanks for clarifying.

Marrow was a huge loss and i still can't believe Bo let this happen. Although its said he tried and Eik didn't sign off on it. Marrow has known the McWilson's for years not just from recruiting him. They have been family friends. Although we will be just fine Marrow had Ohio by the balls, especially with Urban recruiting more nationally. He knows tons of kids in Ohio and lots of parents, and lots of em are just getting thru HS, he would have been great to have on the staff.

Let's just hope this doesn't affect Courtney Love. There is a reason a ton of schools wanted him, had he not hated OSU Urban would have been all over him, not even counting the Stoops' and Monte Kiffin, some great defensive minds wanted this kid, he is very underrated, and I know he's already enrolled in classes. I just hope he's happy.

This is one reason you can't be mad at Bo for using Marrow while he had him, he got us a couple great prospects. Besides if you had someone like him sitting on the bench, to not use him just because he was a GA and could leave is stupid. There is a reason we worked some loopholes to get him out there recruiting. Just having Courtney Love will be worth not getting a couple others because he left.

Love and Newby. I agree 100% on your whole post. Marrow would have been nice to keep, but the only person I could see us getting rid of for him, was Cotton. Didn't see that happening more than just thinking about it. I expected Marrow to snag a couple committs, but its all business and I am not going to take it personal. Obviously McWilson cherishes a relationship more than he does championships (or better chances in winning them). He can be an icon at Kentucky, while most likely playing 4 years. After all the bashing and foul comments Dominic Walker had from "Husker Fans" on his twitter, I am surprised more kids aren't going elsewhere. I know thats off topic, but it just shows an image on how some fans are when things don't go their way, and who wants to play for people like that?

Marrow leaving hurt our class.

- No Beau Sandland

- McWilson is all but gone

- Lost a ton of Ohio Connections

Bo, Beck, and Els have Ohio connections. So I am not worried about that. They were recruiting in Ohio prior to Marrow becoming a GA. And Marrow didn't recruit every Ohio kid we have now. I don't think he was even the lead recruiter for Greg Hart and that was his "coaching" position. So I don't think we will lose much of the groundwork that has been set. Also, Marrow has been credited for kids leaving our class this year. One being a guy the staff didn't even want and now McWilson. I would say we will be okay.

As for Sandland, I would have been more upset if he had gone to Kentucky. But if he wants to wallow in a cesspool of an empty stadium with infractions looming over the team, more power to him.

- No Beau Sandland

Bo, Beck, and Els have Ohio connections. So I am not worried about that. They were recruiting in Ohio prior to Marrow becoming a GA. And Marrow didn't recruit every Ohio kid we have now. I don't think he was even the lead recruiter for Greg Hart and that was his "coaching" position. So I don't think we will lose much of the groundwork that has been set. Also, Marrow has been credited for kids leaving our class this year. One being a guy the staff didn't even want and now McWilson. I would say we will be okay.

As for Sandland, I would have been more upset if he had gone to Kentucky. But if he wants to wallow in a cesspool of an empty stadium with infractions looming over the team, more power to him.

We wouldn't have landed Sandland even if Marrow would have stayed here. He showed little interest and I think most of it was for attention. If it was all about Marrow, wouldn't you think Sandland would have made a visit to Kentucky?

I'm sure Da Skers can verify how true this is, but it's been said that they tried to move Cotton to another position, basically creating a new position from what I've gathered, and th new AD didn't sign off on it, and TO did or would have

That's the word around the water cooler, maybe da Skers will see this and verify as It may not be completely accurate.

This sounds a little far-fetched.

Marrow was gone long before our new AD took over.

Eichorst was here the whole time TO was transitioning out. Marrow coached in the bowl game on Jan 1st, we could have had him if we wanted. I'm sure they involved the new AD in a decision a few weeks before he "officially" took over Like I said this is what guys are saying that are close to the AD, might not be true. I think out of anyone on here daskers would know the best.

How so? Its been rumored for the last few years that they were trying to move him to an office position. Bo just doesnt fire people when they are doing a good job but not what he wants see Shawn Watson, Ekler, Gilmore, Sanders

- No Beau Sandland

We wouldn't have landed Sandland even if Marrow would have stayed here. He showed little interest and I think most of it was for attention. If it was all about Marrow, wouldn't you think Sandland would have made a visit to Kentucky?

That was my point. I don't think Sandland was going to come here regardless. I think Marrow leaving was a good excuse to eliminate us from contention. But had we really been in it for him and then we have something happen like a McWilson situation, I would be more upset. Sandland made his bed, and now he will lie in it.

- No Beau Sandland

No because he couldnt get into the SEC schools because of a math class he took online, the SEC didn't recognize it. And yes, we would've gotten him if Marrow didn't leave. Sandland said he wanted to play for Marrow.

How so? Its been rumored for the last few years that they were trying to move him to an office position. Bo just doesnt fire people when they are doing a good job but not what he wants see Shawn Watson, Ekler, Gilmore, Sanders

It seems far-fetched that the new AD would start his tenure here by stepping in the way of the Head Coach to shuffle staff around even when the current AD signed off on it. I am not saying it didn't happen, it just seems that this would be farther down the ladder of issues to get into a pissing contest about.

I live in Minnesota so I defer to alot of you guys that have better sources to drop knowledge on the rest of us. A lot of you do very good work here.