S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

It's not very smart to have a GA like Marrow, who isn't even a full-time staff member with no real job guarantee year to year, out recruiting as a lead recruiter for any player, let alone some of our bigger catches! I don't know who thought such a move would be a good thing or even an ok thing that couldn't have any unforseen consequences, is beyond me, but it's probably the biggest recruiting blunder scheme wise Nebraska has made this year! No GA should be developing the primary relationship for the University with a recruit, knowing the position has the most likely chance of being vacated from year to year!? Major bone-headed decision the staff/Bo has made I think!

Papuchis was actually his lead recruiter when he committed last year, he didn't really connect as much with Marrow until around when the spring game was supposed to be played, even then Marrow was only allowed to be out recruiting on 2 occasions when we got a waiver from the NCAA because Barney couldn't go out due to injury, obviously he then developed a strong relationship with Vince (or his parents did), it didn't end up great but if we didn't use Vince and his Ohio connections people would be complaining that we didn't

Whatever happened to the day when you give a person your word and sticking to it? I just don't get where these kids can give their assurance to a person and then cut and run elsewhere. Great life lesson they must have learned somewhere. It's all shenanigans til NSD but I tell you what, you can't trust a word that comes out of any kids mouth these days. Sad. You wanna blame the staff but that's not fair. They had this kid locked for a YEAR, they invited him to games, and just because a kid is comfortable with ONE coach (who isn't even his position coach) that year long promise just gets thrown away. Best of luck to this kid. Hope he finds whatever he seems to see in Kentucky. I saw a team that beat 1 FBS team last year vs a team that competed for a conference title. How can getting beat on in the $EC be that worth it? I'd understand if Bama or LSU or Georgia offered, but Kentucky?

Thought it was interesting listening to the radio that I couldn't agree with more. These kids are under the illusion that playing in the SEC is just gonna be a straight shot the league. While i'll admit, your chances are better but if you are a good player, it shouldnt matter where you went, you're gonna make the league.

So many thoughts going through my head but I just can't believe this kid bought whatever crap they were selling from an unproven coach who last time I checked, we boatraced his Arizona Defense 33-0.

• Fire 1

I guess the in home visits scheduled later in the week between our coaches and McWilson have been canceled? UGH! WTF is the matter? When a program like Nebraska, loses out on a long time commit, to a football nobody like Kentucky who will never be anything in it's conference, something is wrong behind the scenes! Something we as fans aren't seeing! There is no other explaination. I dont buy this crap about being closer to home, or even that Marrow, who isn't even the kids position coach at Kentucky, was the leading factor in his change! No, either our recruiting tactics are completely wrong during certain situations, like not wanting to pressure hard these young kids to commit. Nebraska, does pride itself on being a low pressure recruiter, and by being that, expect our commits to stay just that... committed! But, it's more and more cut-throat out there and we MUST change up something, whatever it is! Because any half ass educated person can see that there are literally no positive points that can be made in favor of Kentucky over Nebraska, but yet we lose out! 2nd kid Marrow has costs us now!

Hey McWilson... Marrow told Courtney Love to stay committed to Nebraska when the issue of Marrow leaving came to light. You think he did that for no reason? Of course not! He told Love that because he knows Nebraska is by far the best place for him to be if he wants to make it to the next level!

I have a hard time believing with the way Pelini responded to Walker's decomit that he wouldn't have been equally as angry about this. Something tells me that with Marrow and Stoops, who are both close friends of Bo's (grew up with both of them same graduating class in HS), taking the opportunity at Kentucky that perhaps Bo may have let this happen. Just adding two and two together here but I see two of his close friends and alumni of the same HS, a potential star in the making (at least at Kentucky) in McWilson, who is also from Cardinal Mooney. We look even further at the competition he would be up against to get a starting spot here and it ever increasingly makes sense why Bo would let this one go. Those are perhaps two of his best friends trying to overhaul a program in SEC country. I can't ever imagine how helpful those conections could be. =]

Every coach that takes over a bottom feeder is "selling" a turnaround story to the kids

VERY few. a TINY percentage are actually successful at doing so

That's why the guys who are actually able to accomplish this very rare feat in real life are in hot demand

Turnarounds- MUCH easier at a place that has won before- where football is important- think Alabama, Notre Dame, USC

Stoops has no long track record of success doing this type of recessitation

While NU ISNT winning NCs- we are winning 9-10 games a year, are much closer to BCS than Kentucky and have much better facilities, fan support and actually care about football.

Kentucky isnt a USC, Alabama or USC- it's not happening there

As to getting to the league:

Sure freaks of nature sometimes do make it, no matter the school or coaching they get

It's still a longshot for most- LOTS of 4 and 5 star kids that never made it to the league

Bo for whatever reason has been able to get some defensive kids to the NFL

He also has high graduation rates- keeps kids in school etc

He is loyal to his kids, wont oversign or cut players

Young kid making a poor choice, the privledge of youth

Best of luck to him

I have a hard time believing with the way Pelini responded to Walker's decomit that he wouldn't have been equally as angry about this. Something tells me that with Marrow and Stoops, who are both close friends of Bo's (grew up with both of them same graduating class in HS), taking the opportunity at Kentucky that perhaps Bo may have let this happen. Just adding two and two together here but I see two of his close friends and alumni of the same HS, a potential star in the making (at least at Kentucky) in McWilson who is also from Cardinal Mooney. We look even further at the competition he would be up against to get a starting spot here and it ever increasingly makes sense why Bo would let this one go. Those are perhaps two of his best friends trying to overhaul a program in SEC country. I can't ever imagine how helpful those conections could be. =]

yeah, but no.

If Bo "let" this happen he needs to be fired yesterday. Marrow is doing exactly what a college coach does. Personal relationships and business relationships should not intertwine. When they do you get a staff of friends that get out recruited by a GA.

Do you think Bo, as competitive as he is, let them have one of his best recruits? Come on man :confucius

If Bo "let" this happen he needs to be fired yesterday. Marrow is doing exactly what a college coach does. Personal relationships and business relationships should not intertwine. When they do you get a staff of friends that get out recruited by a GA.

Do you think Bo, as competitive as he is, let them have one of his best recruits? Come on man :confucius

I do not think he did but he is a stubborn and paranoid man by all accounts

• Fire 1