S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

i never thought of this before but i wonder if us taking DJ Singleton pissed him off. Kind of came out of no where, and he committed and signed with in a few weeks of his vist. Wonder if we told him we were only taking 2

One of the sports writers at LJS or OWH mentioned that being a possibility in one of their articles as well. I think it said something to the effect of "Heard that signing DJ Singleton may have been a factor as well since the coaches told him only two safeties would be taken." Something like that. If so, hope it was worth the trade. I have a feeling he would have gone to Kentucky anyway because of Marrow. We'll never know.

Do you really think that a new AD that isn't even in the position yet is going to throw a wrench into what the head coach wants to do with his staff?

Sorry, not buying it. It sounds like someone around the water cooler wants to be the big talking dude and made up a story.

It's not coming from one person, and the water cooler thing is just a saying. It's coming from people in the know that are usually spot on such as da Skers.

This has been rumored for the last few off seasons, not much of a surprise, and it's probably mostly fan driven but where there's smoke...

It's been rumored for the last few off seasons that Eichorst didn't sign off on Marrow joining the staff full time?

As was pointed out above, supposedly Bo was the one that recommended Marrow to Stoops.

Eic just started Jan 1, he hasn't been here for the last few seasons.

Ummm....that's my point.

I think he is saying its been rumored for the past few off seasons that there would be coaching changes. IE Marrow becoming full time, and possibilities of Cotton being moved/fired.

The only thing I see flawed with that, was that Eichorst began Jan 1st, with really no say. Marrow took the job in December. Bo wanted Marrow to go to Kentucky. Probably more than Marrow wanted to leave, but you never pass up an opportunity to move out of the GA position.

Do you really think that a new AD that isn't even in the position yet is going to throw a wrench into what the head coach wants to do with his staff?

Sorry, not buying it. It sounds like someone around the water cooler wants to be the big talking dude and made up a story.

It's not coming from one person, and the water cooler thing is just a saying. It's coming from people in the know that are usually spot on such as da Skers.

This has been rumored for the last few off seasons, not much of a surprise, and it's probably mostly fan driven but where there's smoke...

It's been rumored for the last few off seasons that Eichorst didn't sign off on Marrow joining the staff full time?

As was pointed out above, supposedly Bo was the one that recommended Marrow to Stoops.

He was talking Cotton into a support role or newly created position, that's what Eich supposedly shot down - not the hiring of Marrow. (repeating not supporting).

And I highly doubt Bo went out of his way to contact Stoops without it beind initiated by the other party (either stoops or marrow). Half the other talk is that Stoops/Marrow were close friends and he went to coach w/ a friend. I don't think he needed Bo to call up Stoops and find him a job - I'm pretty sure all he needed to do was call himself. Bo likely gave a great "recommendation" of his abilities - because that's generally what happens when you're doing your job well. But I think people are stretching when they imply Bo was out job hunting for Marrow.

Its been a rumor every off season for the last 3 that Barney was going to get an office job. Obviously it was a bit of mis information because i trust what Daskers said.

He was talking Cotton into a support role or newly created position, that's what Eich supposedly shot down - not the hiring of Marrow. (repeating not supporting).

And I highly doubt Bo went out of his way to contact Stoops without it beind initiated by the other party (either stoops or marrow). Half the other talk is that Stoops/Marrow were close friends and he went to coach w/ a friend. I don't think he needed Bo to call up Stoops and find him a job - I'm pretty sure all he needed to do was call himself. Bo likely gave a great "recommendation" of his abilities - because that's generally what happens when you're doing your job well. But I think people are stretching when they imply Bo was out job hunting for Marrow.

SE hasn't shot anything down. He's pretty much on plan with what TO had thought should happen with the exception he thinks our coaches need to be paid more. Which he will eventually get done. He's very hands off when it comes to letting people do things. From the conversations I've had about him with people in the AD department and with one head coach (not Bo) he pretty much says what do you need and then tries to figure out how to make it happen as long as the request is in reason. He's done a good job of getting boosters to donate and even got back a few who were mad at TO over some of the HP/TO/Bo rift and the change in the Big Red Breakfast.

SE hasn't shot anything down. He's pretty much on plan with what TO had thought should happen with the exception he thinks our coaches need to be paid more. Which he will eventually get done. He's very hands off when it comes to letting people do things. From the conversations I've had about him with people in the AD department and with one head coach (not Bo) he pretty much says what do you need and then tries to figure out how to make it happen as long as the request is in reason. He's done a good job of getting boosters to donate and even got back a few who were mad at TO over some of the HP/TO/Bo rift and the change in the Big Red Breakfast.

this is good news

I haven't been here very long and haven't looked at too many recruiting threads but After reading both this and the Walker guys threads I think some posters need to find better "insider" information.

Hopefully the staff can get this guy back on board.

Or maybe do a bit more research before you accuse people of this. Realize these kids talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Noted

It's not very smart to have a GA like Marrow, who isn't even a full-time staff member with no real job guarantee year to year, out recruiting as a lead recruiter for any player, let alone some of our bigger catches! I don't know who thought such a move would be a good thing or even an ok thing that couldn't have any unforseen consequences, but it's probably the biggest recruiting blunder scheme wise Nebraska has made this year! No GA should be developing the primary relationship for the University with a recruit, knowing the GA position has the most probable chance of being vacated at the end of the season!? Major bone-headed decision the staff/Bo has made I think!

It's not very smart to have a GA like Marrow, who isn't even a full-time staff member with no real job guarantee year to year, out recruiting as a lead recruiter for any player, let alone some of our bigger catches! I don't know who thought such a move would be a good thing or even an ok thing that couldn't have any unforseen consequences, but it's probably the biggest recruiting blunder scheme wise Nebraska has made this year! No GA should be developing the primary relationship for the University with a recruit, knowing the GA position has the most probable chance of being vacated at the end of the season!? Major bone-headed decision the staff/Bo has made I think!

I disagree, why would you not use all the tools you have at your disposal. You dont leave someone sitting on the bench because they are a free agent at the end of the year. Sure it cost us one, but he helped get Love, Hart, Gladney and Leroy from last class.