DE Joe Mathis [Washington Commit]

Nexus

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to be a downer about our recruiting (which has improved quite a bit this year), but what is it about Washington that makes it attractive? Location? Facilities? Scheme? Or is Tosh Lupoi a recruiting genius?

I can see why a recruit would want to go there. I've always thought their stadium was unique, and Washington is beautiful.....

Not trying to be a downer about our recruiting (which has improved quite a bit this year), but what is it about Washington that makes it attractive? Location? Facilities? Scheme? Or is Tosh Lupoi a recruiting genius?

I can see why a recruit would want to go there. I've always thought their stadium was unique, and Washington is beautiful.....

Gotcha. Honestly, I just don't know much about the school, the program, etc. Thanks for the answer.

Gotcha. Honestly, I just don't know much about the school, the program, etc. Thanks for the answer.

No problem.... Having said what I said....There Is No Place Like Nebraska! :power :power :power :power

They're stadium is going to get bigger and louder when the remodel is complete for the season opener. Their facilities will look more attractive too. They recruit very well, Lupoi is a genius, but they need to develop the talent they bring in. Going 7-6 every year isn't going to keep landing them high profile recruits. If they're coaching was as good as they're recruiting, they could be good.

keep in mind, Seattle is an awesome town. The UW campus is great and their academics (buisness and medical) are top notch. Facilities are blah, equivelent to UCLA or Arizona. Altho they play in Seahawk stadium this year and have a major stadium overall that should be ready for next season, the facilities still are no where close to Oregon or USC. Girls are hot here and tend to very "free spirited", when compared to midwestern girls.

Sark has a good rep on the west coast from his time at USC as well as what he has done with a 1-11 team just a few years ago. Tosh is an Ace recruiter that just about any staff would love to have. Sark paid him well to get him there.

BTW, UW acedemics are highly regarded on the west coast... not sure how NU would have any higher standards. I may be wrong, but i dont buy the acedemics reason. I think he was too much about Joe and not enough about team, which is why our staff cooled on him.