NFL combine

In the end, it's his future, not mine. If he doesn't care enough to work hard for what he wants, then hell, what do I care. It's just too bad he's dragging that "N" along beside him as he does 13 reps. I can rep 225 13 times and I'm only 6 foot 3 215 pounds, haven't played football since high school, have never had a nutrition expert, training table, and one of the greatest weight facilities in the country just given to me for free use whenever I choose. I can also down a six pack Bud light in a very short time too. So yea, I'm pretty impressed with that.

DID YOU KNOW, that the Packard Caribbean had torsion bar suspension?

Not big on the Packard Caribbean, not my style. 65 GTO, or 65 66 67 Malibu SS.....now those fit my style fine.

In the end, it's his future, not mine. If he doesn't care enough to work hard for what he wants, then hell, what do I care. It's just too bad he's dragging that "N" along beside him as he does 13 reps. I can rep 225 13 times and I'm only 6 foot 3 215 pounds, haven't played football since high school, have never had a nutrition expert, training table, and one of the greatest weight facilities in the country just given to me for free use whenever I choose. I can also down a six pack Bud light in a very short time too. So yea, I'm pretty impressed with that.

DID YOU KNOW, that the Packard Caribbean had torsion bar suspension?

Not big on the Packard Caribbean, not my style. 65 GTO, or 65 66 67 Malibu SS.....now those fit my style fine.

The more you know.

That's not a bad time for David. Probably not what I expected, but still fairly solid. I'm interested to see how many reps Crick does on bench. It would be sweet to see him get around 30, but we will see. Not sure if he is the physical freak that Suh was in the weight room.

Nobody is the physical freak that Suh was. But Crick was lifter of the year a couple years ago. He will kill the BP. If he's healthy.

That's not a bad time for David. Probably not what I expected, but still fairly solid. I'm interested to see how many reps Crick does on bench. It would be sweet to see him get around 30, but we will see. Not sure if he is the physical freak that Suh was in the weight room.

Nobody is the physical freak that Suh was. But Crick was lifter of the year a couple years ago. He will kill the BP. If he's healthy.

I dont think hes going to bench, I dont think hes 100% yet

I dont think hes going to bench, I dont think hes 100% yet

You are correct. Will at pro day.

I want to start out by saying this is just one example i can think of, that is causing me to re-evaluate my opinion of our football program as a whole. Although I will always be a Husker til the day i die and nothing but... it doesn't mean i must with-hold any negative thinking i have about the program, and although i am mostly positive, what I just found out disappoints me alot.

I just read about how poorly Ex-Husker O-Lineman Marcel Jones has done in his NFL Combine testing and I was simply shocked!

He has attracted alot of attention for his bench-press and for all the wrong reasons... he lifted 225 lbs. 13 times for the worst performance in the entire combine. The best was Michigan a lineman who benched 225 lbs. 41 times. Also, his 40 yd dash time was 5.67 secs tied for 2nd to last out of all lineman. He didn't finish in the top 10 in a single event?

Wow! He was a starter (during times when he wasn't hurt) for a Nebraska O-Line? I'm shocked that our quality in o-lineman have dropped so dramatically. And I've thought about this, and I don't believe i'm being an alarmist in the least! I have always made my feelings about Cotton clear that i don't think he has it as a coach and do like him as a person nonetheless, but if he thinks a person of this caliber is sufficient to be playing for the Huskers as a starter, then he isn't competent at all and needs to go like i've said! Where have our standards fallen to when it comes to recruiting? Thought this is why Solich was fired?

Simply put, Everything associated with the O-Line needs to change wholesale, or something drastic needs to be done by the current people in place, to change how things are done because that is so embarrassing as a Husker fan who touts the program to everybody, then something like this comes out and just shoots my credibility all to hell! Wake Up!

And yes, I've thought about Marcel Jones not staying in shape since the end of the season (bowl game), but come on... how far can a guy slip in a month even if he did nothing for the whole 30 days? Slip the difference from 41 reps to 13 reps? Hardly! He should have been near the top in my opinion, because we expect it as Husker Nation and if we want to continue to claim we are a top football program then even the fans need to step up and make their voices heard and demand nothing but the best out of our coaching staff and players! The program is not just supported and alive because of the fans, it's top notch in the country and we should expect proper return for all our support!

Marcel was a surprising invite to the combine in the first place. The guy also has had chronic injury problems. The bench press is one of the most over hyped indicators of blocking prowess, I would care more about leg strength.

That said, a starting linemen should be able to get at least 20 I would imagine.

All in all I don't see it as a sweeping example of the state of Nebraska offensive linemen.

Marcel was a surprising invite to the combine in the first place. The guy also has had chronic injury problems. The bench press is one of the most over hyped indicators of blocking prowess, I would care more about leg strength.

That said, a starting linemen should be able to get at least 20 I would imagine.

All in all I don't see it as a sweeping example of the state of Nebraska offensive linemen.

I don't either.......................yet. Let's see what happens when Moore, Reeves, Rodriguez, Thurston, and some of these other highly touted kids are at the combine as seniors which is still three to four years away.