Nexus

SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

like fowler stated he will arrive on campus the friday before the idaho st game. So far we are the only official visit he has set up. He has added Washington to his initial top 3. His Top 4 now are Oregon, Cal, Nebraska, Washington

I know we've pretty much established this, and i'm a newbie. but, 24/7 has updated that Cal and Nebraska are the only ones in the running for Newby. With that i feel our chance are quite high.

http://247sports.com...ell-Newby-12627

Newby was gonna commit to cal but decided to visit nebraska first he is weighing out the pros and cons of the two. I think we end up landing him in the end but it is far from over I think. I hope I am wrong and I wake up and he committed to nebraska

I know we've pretty much established this, and i'm a newbie. but, 24/7 has updated that Cal and Nebraska are the only ones in the running for Newby. With that i feel our chance are quite high.

http://247sports.com...ell-Newby-12627

as a newbie (posting in Newby's profile)...can you remove your gigantic sig so that you don't take up 1000+ pixels of my screen every time you post? i'd need a telescope to see the cheerleaders anyways...

• Upvote 2

i hate the big ones, but you know you can hide each users sig, right? :D

Can you do it for individual users? I thought you had to hide or show everyone's sig.

i hate the big ones, but you know you can hide each users sig, right? :D

Thats what she said?

Cal recruiting site pretty confident they get him.

http://www.californi...nd-the-2013-cgb

IMO, Cal has underperformed recently. It wasn't too long ago Tedford was looking good and the man out west...but programs like USC, Stanford, Oregon have taken the mantle which Cal can never seem to grab. I would argue Washington and the AZ schools have become more relevant than Cal which seems mired in mediocrity in the Pac 12.

Newby would be a great back for us and hope we land him in the end.

nebraska sticking out to newby:

Chaminde College Prep's (CA)

Terrell Newby

is one of the top ranked running backs in the country. Coming off a dominating junior season, Newby is looking get even better during his senior season, which could see tough with the offer list that he already has.

“I have offers from 12 schools (Cal,

Nebraska, Oregon, Washington, Arizona State,Colorado, Minnesota, Boston College, Oregon State, Utah, Washington,Washington State)," said the soon to be senior.

[/left]

Newby doesn’t have a top school or list, but four teams seem to stick out, with one sticking out more than the other three, or so it seems.

[/left]

“I’ve visited Nebraska,

UCLA, CAL and USC, I don’t not have any more visits planned as of now, but I'm itching to get out to Oregon," said Newby.

[/left]

As it seems with a lot of recruits, Newby is seeing a large push from Nebraska, who will lose their senior running back next season.?

[/left]

?“I’d have to say Nebraska is recruiting me the hardest they have really stressed how much they need me more than a want," said the

California product. ?

[/left]

“I feel like I can be used in many ways like Rex (Burkhead) is used now and try to incorporate my speed anyway. I can use that in either catching or carrying. And coach Beck and I went over all the ways I would be used going over for about an hour and thirty minutes of film when I was over there.”

[/left]

Newby doesn’t have an exact date for when he would like to make his final decision. But he will for sure do his homework before committing to any school.

[/left]

“I’m not sure when I want to commit, but I’m leaning towards going on all of my official visits first," said Newby.

[/left]

Newby is currently ranked the No. 39 running back in the nation according to Scout.com.

[/left][/left]

Courtesy of bigredreport.com

[/left]

I just got a bad feeling with this guy.... We are recruiting him really hard it seems like and I feel like he might burn us and head to the Ducks. Hope not! Would be a HUGE get!

As long as he doesn't decide prior to his official visit to us, we're still in it. Just got to show it on the field.

I just got a bad feeling with this guy.... We are recruiting him really hard it seems like and I feel like he might burn us and head to the Ducks. Hope not! Would be a HUGE get!

not really getting that feeling.. i think its still pretty much wide open... i think whomever holds his attention the longest will perhaps win out... and with us being in the midwest and a lot of his top suitors out west it doesnt suprise me if the PAC 12 wins out in some way

A bunch of boasting about the city and the view and the academics, not so much bragging about the facilities or fan support or football team or pro potential. It's no wonder they had to remove nearly 10,000 seats from their stadium during their current renovation.

Their academics are top notch and is in the Bay area close to home for him, so there are some pluses. Tedford can also use Marshawn Lynch, Jahvid Best and Shane Vereen as examples of success at RB. So we'll see where Terrell's head is at.

http://www.bearinsid...ead.php?t=60051

A lot of hate towards Nebraska. I guess they think its fun to bash programs that are a lot better than yours. Especially when your stadium looks like a toilet. Really hope we secure Newby.

225px-California_Memorial_Stadium_aerial.jpg3-27--hotel-open-toilet.jpg

Yes Nebraska has a great football tradition and I will grant that their fans arguably the best in terms of supporting their team. However, in terms of culture they are the biggest bunch of yokels you will ever run across. They are the worst college football fans I've seen. They understand Nebraska football and nothing else. The average Nebraska fan is ten times worse then 1BTF.

:rollin

A bunch of boasting about the city and the view and the academics, not so much bragging about the facilities or fan support or football team or pro potential. It's no wonder they had to remove nearly 10,000 seats from their stadium during their current renovation.

One guy was bagging on Lincoln cause of 40% humidity......bitch please..... That ain't sh$t!!! Wait till its 80% then come talk sh$t!! :)

i lived in the bay area for 5 years and they were the biggest bunch of hypocrite elitist ive ever met... the first chance i got i fled fast as f#*k.....

if you get injured, what school is going to help you pursue a business career...the top rated public university in the world or the 2nd best college in nebraska (creighton is a way better regarded school than nebraska)?

:lol:

Are there people who actually believe this?

This helps us big time, i think he will be N

The running back is excited he’ll get to spend time with a player he considers to be one of the “best quarterbacks in California” while on the visit.

“I talked to Stanton about the visit last week,” Newby said. “He’s one of the only Cali guys that is coming out there so that is definitely a good thing.”

Will official NU, Washington, Oregon, Cal......... if he makes it out of Lincoln without committing that is. We are his only offer that doesnt have a RB committed, which im sure they are using to their advantage.

Have to think he will be N after his visit, we have shown him the most love and have been there since the beginning.

He's apparently as tight-nit with Johnny Stanton as can be, texts him constantly. Even has the Elite 11 recorded on his dvr but it pains him that he doesn't have the time to watch it. I think he really wants to play with Johnny, so I think that he's most definitely ours.

So if Newby commits do they still take Corey Clement?

Without question

This one is as in the bag as Romney's November election.

So you're saying he's UW bound? :/

Really? Thats what you got from this lol forgot the sarcasm sign i hope

Yes and no. I do like our chances for Newby. If he has that "husker" mentality that Bo and Co try to recruit. If he wants competition and to fight for playing time, he's a Husker. If he wants a shot with higher % to play, UW is thin at RB and they have a great recruiting staff to lure him to the NW. My confidence level in the American voters is much lower than my confidence in Newby.

I thought he was switching his visit date. Thought he was trying schedule his visit with Stanton?

I believe he was. just didnt work out. I would like him to be with stanton. Im sure banderas and lacotoure will be there this weekend and pushing hard on delton williams and especially newby. they have met before at BRW

I thought he was switching his visit date. Thought he was trying schedule his visit with Stanton?

Yeah he said that he wasn't going to change his official. However, he also has said that he will try to make it back out here again for the Wisconsin game for an unofficial. If he actually does end up doing that, I think he is all but :bigredn:. Unless we have another Jordan Diggs on our hands........