SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

If this has been answered already I apologize, but I don't follow recruiting that much.

If this guy is the "#1 RB in California," how in the world is he only a four-star recruit?

4* Terrell Newby > 5* Aaron Green

Only thing I can think of is his offer list, it's nice, but not terribly impressive nationally and no USC offer.

If this has been answered already I apologize, but I don't follow recruiting that much.

If this guy is the "#1 RB in California," how in the world is he only a four-star recruit?

4* Terrell Newby > 5* Aaron Green

Only thing I can think of is his offer list, it's nice, but not terribly impressive nationally and no USC offer.

My guess is if TNew were 6'1" and 205, he'd have that 5th *

My guess is just that he started of at such a low rating that if they bumped him up to a 5 star it would have looked bad for them. This guy is a stud. Adding him and Adam to our backfield gives us the deepest backfield in the nation IMO.

Its because USC has offered and recieved Ty Issac commitment. This dude is huge and sneaky fast! Ive watched him play for 3 years now! Had 535 and 7 TDs against Jordan Westermans team in the state finals 2 years ago! 6-3 220ish coming out of high school. Jr. stats 178 carries 2114 yards and 45 TDS.

Didn't Ty Isaac open up his recruitment lately?

My guess is just that he started of at such a low rating that if they bumped him up to a 5 star it would have looked bad for them. This guy is a stud. Adding him and Adam to our backfield gives us the deepest backfield in the nation IMO.

Very true, probably better for us that he flew under the radar.

Per Scout:

Justin Davis 5* committed to USC. Stockton, CA #6 overall RB

Terrell Newby 4* committed to NU West Hills, CA #17 overall RB

So I guess he would be #2 in state

Fair enough, most of the recruiting services are different.

Rivals has him 1, scout 2.

Per Scout:

Terrell Newby's RB ranking in the state of CA:

#1 by Rivals

#1 by 24/7

#2 by Scout

#4 by ESPN

Per Scout:

Rivals has him 1, scout 2.

So I'm to understand that there are 16 better RBs in the country? And 20 something better then Adam Taylor! Poppycock! What's our national composite ranking for RBs and LBs?