SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

Terrell Newby made Rivals Top 100 selection at 75.

He's actually at #67, so it's even better!

No, he's #75 now after their final update.

Does rivals actually have some sort of vendetta against us? How he could drop in the rankings is beyond me.

I really don't think they have it out against any team in particular, but he isn't as appealing now because he is committed now. Funny how he moves up through the ratings every time until he is ours...

I again lose more faith in rivals.

If Taylor doesn't get a bump in the final rankings, I will officially be done with rivals.

They got Keith Ford @ #48 and Justin Davis @ #62. Both rated behind Taylor on national RB lists (even on Rivals). Evidence enough to question the rankings on this list. Taylor is being underrated for sure.

Does rivals actually have some sort of vendetta against us? How he could drop in the rankings is beyond me.

He moved down 8 spots out of some 2000 athletes. I don't think he should have been moved down at all, but it's an incredibly insignificant change it's not worth noting. If he moved down 100 spots, then that would be worth mentioning. But he still has the exact same stars and 6.0 (highest 4 star) grade.

• Fire 1

He moved down 8 spots out of some 2000 athletes. I don't think he should have been moved down at all, but it's an incredibly insignificant change it's not worth noting. If he moved down 100 spots, then that would be worth mentioning. But he still has the exact same stars and 6.0 (highest 4 star) grade.

You're correct that it probably isn't noteworthy but in any case, it still reflects poorly on rivals to drop him even a slight amount after the season he had.

Does anyone think he'll play as a true freshman? There's gonna be a serious logjam of talent at RB where we could afford to RS him but he looks like he could make an impact right away. Most good teams like Bama and LSU play alot of youngsters who have college-ready talent, which is a sign of good recruiting. At least on the Offensive side we're nailing it with the skill position young bucks we already have. Newby just turns on a different gear and looks like he could outrun a healthy amount of D-1 defensive backs right now.

Almost forgot to insert the standard drooling over the diamon formation comment. Martinez, Ameer, heard, and Newby in that package gets my blood pumping. When Ameer (one of the top returners in the NCAA) is (probably) slowest guy in that backfield, that speaks volumes about it's deadliness.

• Fire 1

Does anyone think he'll play as a true freshman? There's gonna be a serious logjam of talent at RB where we could afford to RS him but he looks like he could make an impact right away. Most good teams like Bama and LSU play alot of youngsters who have college-ready talent, which is a sign of good recruiting. At least on the Offensive side we're nailing it with the skill position young bucks we already have. Newby just turns on a different gear and looks like he could outrun a healthy amount of D-1 defensive backs right now.

Almost forgot to insert the standard drooling over the diamon formation comment. Martinez, Ameer, heard, and Newby in that package gets my blood pumping. When Ameer (one of the top returners in the NCAA) is (probably) slowest guy in that backfield, that speaks volumes about it's deadliness.

Newby is good. So is Adam Taylor.

I'd be surprised if they both redshirted.

Newby is good. So is Adam Taylor.

I'd be surprised if they both redshirted.

You forgot to add Cross in the Diamond Formation. With three outstanding backs already in the stable, it will be difficult for Newby or Taylor to get meaningful snaps. I, for one, hope we redshirt at least one of them. I hope we don't throw away a redshirt just to get Newby garbage minutes on the field