SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

If Newby could consistantly catch a punt I would be all for him not redshirting. Otherwise, we've seen how hard it was to get Heard the ball this past year and I think Newby would be in a similar situation. I think Taylor has a better chance of playing next year just because he's so much different than anyone else at the position, even cross.

Max preps:

California has been home to three running backs with more than 10,000 career rushing yards (O.J. Simpson, Marcus Allen and Ricky Williams) while five have been elected to the Hall of Fame (Simpson, Allen, Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny and John Henry Johnson). Two have run for more than 2,000 yards in a season (Terrell Davis and Simpson) and four are among the top running backs in the game today (Marshawn Lynch, Maurice Jones-Drew, Arian Foster and Reggie Bush).

Just sayin:)

Andrew Rodriguez?.... I don't know about that. However, there are at least 17 players listed there that aren't proven, or they're not even on campus yet. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the prospects, but I'm not ready to call them all contributors right now....

There is a quarterback from Texas A&M that would like to talk to you about being 'unproven' before '12.

And I believe he wasn't named the starter until a week or two before A&M's first game....I may be wrong. I was hearing he didn't have the spot exactly locked up.

The head coach was standing right behind me when Terrell anounced and his exact quote was "Well, he's gona need an overcoat". I said he'll be able to focus on football and he said "no problem there, he's an excellent student and you're getting a good one"

http://rivals.yahoo....ebraska-1112018

You are absolutely correct when you say that was his exact quote. You can hear him say it at the 5:16 mark.

Did they cut that part out? When I watched it, it skipped from his announcement to him answering the question of why he chose Nebraska, like 15-20 seconds of the video skipped an it won't let me view that part.

The head coach was standing right behind me when Terrell anounced and his exact quote was "Well, he's gona need an overcoat". I said he'll be able to focus on football and he said "no problem there, he's an excellent student and you're getting a good one"

You are absolutely correct when you say that was his exact quote. You can hear him say it at the 5:16 mark.

Did they cut that part out? When I watched it, it skipped from his announcement to him answering the question of why he chose Nebraska, like 15-20 seconds of the video skipped an it won't let me view that part.

It's at the end mumbled by the coach right before the cut to the second part.

You can hear it, just right before they cut to the interview.

I'm really excited about this young man seems like he has that Nebraska mentality already!

Damn beat me to it.

Edited by PattyG

Aww bull crap! I wore a long sleeve t shirt and shorts today.

You also don't live in Nebraska :P

It's at the end mumbled by the coach right before the cut to the second part.

I must've just missed it then

Aww bull crap! I wore a long sleeve t shirt and shorts today.

You also don't live in Nebraska :P

I was going to say that, although it was 60 here in Scottsbluff yesterday

We have the top running back in Cali and the top one from Texas. Dear Lord, we have one hell of a great problem to have.

top Cali QB too. We have some serious appeasement issues coming up.

Im not sure I like all of these Cali kids. They clearly don't know "the Nebraska Way," they are all unwilling to learn, and are all prima donnas. :sarcasm