SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

The head coach was standing right behind me when Terrell anounced and his exact quote was "Well, he's gona need an overcoat". I said he'll be able to focus on football and he said "no problem there, he's an excellent student and you're getting a good one"

The head coach was standing right behind me when Terrell anounced and his exact quote was "Well, he's gona need an overcoat". I said he'll be able to focus on football and he said "no problem there, he's an excellent student and you're getting a good one"

Um....sorry, but that's pretty prickish. The kid is gonna get a good education, a full ride, and at a place that loves their RBs. I understand if he might be a UCLA fan, but when you're a HS coach you have to be totally ecstatic when any kid you have gets something like this no matter where he goes.

Coach sounds like somebody Terrell and his family would like to get as far away from as he can! Maybe tNew was this guys meal ticket. Tried getting his class in and Terrell and family wanted to get away from him! JMO but he sounds like somebody I'd want to put in the rearview mirror.

PS- I know coaches like this. Don't think anybody gets anything on their own merit. It was all coaching!