97 Nebraska vs 97 Michigan (ESPN Poll)

AUTOBOTS LETS ROLL......? That work? lol

Did you want me to do the " wonder pets, wonder pets we are on the way! not to small, I forgot the rest of the lyrics,but my son sings that song and those wonder pets kick some serious butt. To bad they are kittens and puppies.

the 97 seniors lost 2 games( in 96) in their 4 years here and were part of one of, if not the most dominant teams in CFB history(95 Huskers), i have always thought we would have died for a crack at Michigan in 97. but each fan base is going to drink their own koolaid and no one wins this argument.

Does anyone else remember when the AP vote took place in 1997?. IIRC, in 1997 the AP vote took place before Nebraska's bowl game. The AP voters didn't get a chance to see us play, or they surely would have voted us #1. Normally they wait until the season is over to vote--don't they? Am I remembering this right?? Does anyone else remember how this played out?

Also, one of the announcers of the Orange Bowl was Bob Griese. It sounded like he clearly favored Tennessee during the game. Didn't have much of anything good to say about Nebraska, and a couple of times he plugged Michigan and bragged about his kid, Michigan's QB Brian Griese. Bob Griese seemed disappointed that Tennessee lost. At the time I thought it was a total crock of sh#t that CBS would have Griese in the booth at that game. I still think that.

Here's the 97 OB:

Note: Look at the hit by Ralph Brown at the 2:25 mark. Incredible.

I just watched it the other day so this caught my attention. Bob Griese actually did the Rose Bowl with Keth Jackson. Yes, there quite a bit of lobbying going on, especially after the game, which is the only time is became obvious Michigan would win. The orange Bowl was actually done by Sean McDonough and I wanna say it was Terry Donahue, and Donahue was actually doing some lobbying for Nebraska. And also after the Rose Bowl, Bob showed emotions when Brian was named MVP and so on. Regardless, I really have nothing against Bob, it was probably a tough position for him to be in. Musberger and Danielson on the other hand.....

You are right, sir. Sean McDonough and Terry Donahue announced the OB. I should have looked it up before I made my post above instead of trying to remember back that far. I must've been thinking of Griese's comments during the Rose Bowl.

Pretty disappointed someone had to put the bots to work on this poll. There were closing the gap quickly but we still would have pulled it off. And on the side note, who cares if we lost the poll. Everything with their mind right knows Nebraska was the better team. No fan poll on ESPN is going to determine anything.

UM started a bot earlier, and someone else started a votebot for NU aftewards.

Lame.

Now it's Nebraska 96% Michigan 4%...what happened?

UM started a bot, and then I'm guessing either OSU and/or MSU started a couple bots.

Ok, wow nearly one Million votes, its like some weird College Football Arms race with all kinds of alliances and rivalries at work

Question--why don't *WE* have any bots working for us? If tOSU, MSU, MI, and Wisky have them, don't we probably need to arm ourselves with vote bots as well?

I kid...I kid...I think...

the 97 seniors lost 2 games( in 96) in their 4 years here and were part of one of, if not the most dominant teams in CFB history(95 Huskers), i have always thought we would have died for a crack at Michigan in 97. but each fan base is going to drink their own koolaid and no one wins this argument.

I remember in the early days of HuskerPedia (pre-derp) that someone had found minutes from a Board of Regents meeting with their Athletic Department at Michigan in 1999 or 2000 online. In the minutes, the then Michigan AD admitted that an unnamed third party that was looking to get into collegiate sports broadcasting (most of the board assumed Fox, IIRC) had offered Nebraska and Michigan a venue, TV exposure, and each school millions of dollars to settle it on the field.

What's funny is that, per the AD, Nebraska had already replied that they were willing to do the game, provided that the NCAA would approve (they wouldn't, the AD would later note). Michigan, however, didn't want to for fear of provoking the NCAA's wrath and because of 'academics' concerns.

To me, the real champion is the one that's willing to put their mettle and title to the test on the field, and not skulk behind the NCAA and faux 'academics' concerns.