Football Tickets?

I've been raised a die-hard husker fan and my Dad and I were considering trying to fly out to see a Football game this upcoming fall. I was just curious about the best way of getting a ticket...from what I hear it isn't exactly easy. An online ticket seller? craigslist? and when should I start looking?

Any insight would help me out as I'm on the west coast and have little to no experience going to college football games other than around my city.

Thanks!

PS. I hope this is the right sub-forum.

Honestly it's not that hard to find tickets on game day, the hard part is opening your wallet to hand over all that cash. I can't really add much insight for someone that's not local since I was a student the last five years and I just networked through friends to get extra tickets, but if you're planning on going to a big game it may pay off to wait as long as you can to buy the tickets. As an example the texas game in 2010 comes to mind, tickets were going for upwards of 500 bucks before the season and then when things came back to reality, after they started loosing, they could be had for a reasonable price. Flipside is you could still end up paying a good chunk of change even if you do wait it out

I have used many different means in the past (until I got my season tickets) Including asking around, the ticket office itself the week before the game when the opposing team returns some of it's allotment, ticketexpress and other ticket brokers etc. I have not found one to be better than another as I have always seemed to find tickets to games I wanted to go to. Depending on which game you want to go to, bigger games (Wisconsin, Penn St, Michigan) will be tougher to get or you will have to pay significantly more for them. If money is not an issue I am sure you will be fine. I would say try looking as soon as you know your specifics.

Dont buy them before you get here, fly down, enjoy the atmostphere, and buy tickets half an hour until gametime so you dont miss the band, tunnel walk etc...people will be scalping all over the place and will be until midway through the first quarter...you can find good seats for a much better price too, my friends and i are headed down to northwestern, ticks are listed at about 250 right now, ill end up paying about 50 before kickoff

oh very interesting, I suppose the scalping bit is true. I was worried that they would be very hard to come by even before game time seeing as how I will need to fly from Seattle to get there. Thank you all very much I hope to be in memorial stadium before the Bowl Games next year!

I'm headed up for the Arkansas State game. Is picking up 4 tickets via scalpers going to be possible?

Yes. Craiglist can be helpful for larger number of tix as well. I have never had a problem scalping when needing tix. And as said if you have seen the whole tunnel walk and pregame festivities before, wait a series or two and give scalpers a couple of bucks and enjoy 90-95% of the big games for dirt cheap. They will take anything instead of eating the total loss.

Depends on which game but I would not buy a ticket until game day at the stadium. We now have season tickets, but until now, I always went to the game and bought tickets and never paid more than face value. Just fly here on Thursday of Friday and then hang around some of the tail gaters or walk around the stadium. Anywhere from "O" street to trhe stadium will get you a ticket.

I'm headed up for the Arkansas State game. Is picking up 4 tickets via scalpers going to be possible?

Yes. Craiglist can be helpful for larger number of tix as well. I have never had a problem scalping when needing tix. And as said if you have seen the whole tunnel walk and pregame festivities before, wait a series or two and give scalpers a couple of bucks and enjoy 90-95% of the big games for dirt cheap. They will take anything instead of eating the total loss.

I'll try CL. I haven't been to a game for over a decade, and my wife never has, so we're gonna be there early for the Tunnel walk for sure. I don't mind paying, but I want to avoid paying double, if I can.

I have a few acquaintances that have season tickets that i get tickets from many times. But i typically scalp almost every weekend. I actually enjoy the barter part of it. The actual scalpers try and rape everyone, but there are many people who come with extra tickets to sell. Those are where you want to buy your tickets. Many people will sell them for face or about face. IF you buy from a scalper and that is all you can find. Wait until almost kickoff... prices get much cheaper. But if you are traveling from far away, get your tickets early, buy a Fairbury hot dog and a Runza, and enjoy the pageantry. I have never had any issues getting tickets on game day at the stadium and I go to almost every home game for the last 7 years