The Fighting Erstads vs Creighton

Good Win! In-state rival games are often unpredictable and in that any win is a good win!

HFC, the skers don't have any Great starters. Keller was good tonight but we have to remember who it was he faced. Creighton has been atrocious at the play this year. (Remember, they were beaten by UNO)

Lemke is still on a pitch count. Will be all year and is a solid friday starter. Not always pretty in his delivery but usually gritty and determined.

Brandon likely won't give up the weekend.

Sunday is where Keller might get his next weekend start but the skers "need" to win the mid-week games from here out without taxing the bullpen. I think Keller has the weekend stuff but he's also shown that he can at times fall apart so I think Erstad holds him from the weekend for at least another week.

As for Niederklein, I won't be at all surprised to see him get the next Creighton start pending the weekend work load he'll get against OSU.

Lastly, I was surprised to hear the Chad is the first to reach 50 hits in the BIG. That says something for sure but I am not convinced he's all that everyone thinks. He was riding a hot stick early but of late as fallen back to his previous lack of plate confidence. He's reaching and/or watching entirely too often. If anyone needs a "big" hit it is Chad.

Big broadcast, the skers are now 1-2 (losses to Illinois and Iowa). Hopefully that jinx/distraction is over.

Regardless, tonight's win was solid. Lead-off hitters put out, small ball success with "hell on the bases" playing. Keller hopefully took a large leap in maturing and the future of our freshmen look very promising.

Didn't know that, PC. Thanks for the info. I can certainly understand looking for the best deals. Probably also why no names on the back. Probably comes as part of the deal for bigger schools, and becomes a budgetary thing at a place like Creighton.

Also you have to understand at all schools, the primary sponser(addidas of course for NU) only provides so much stuff as part of their deal, and the school pays for a lot of things from them. Baseball has more players, so that is uni's, batting gloves, etc, for more athletes than the 12-14 guys on a basketball team.

Both true......the track and field team (any program outside of VB, BBall, and FB really) gets only so much clothes and shoes, but alot of it is "bought" at a very signifacant markdown, taken out of the budget. But, I had been told that Adidas is alot better at supporting the non-revenue sports than Nike.

General Statment (not directed at anyone-just a general rant):

And please don't try and tell me that just because your NAIA school/High School etc wore Nike unifroms that Nike is "sponsoring" you in any way shape or form.

BTW, did anyone catch that one of the Cal State Bakersfield games coming up is going to be on the BTN?

They flashed Nebraska's series schedule during the game and it had the BTN moniker next to the Purdue series and the Indiana series, but also the CS Bakersfield series. That game *was* slated to be only on NET, but perhaps the B1G is going to pick up the broadcast now?

• 2 weeks later...

Even though Creighton is just bad offensively this year(really suprising since they returned 7 position players), the young pitchers on the staff pitched VERY well tonight. Hander's breaking stuff looked wicked as did Spitsnogel's.

But the biggest thing I took from the game is, once again, TD Ameritrade plays like it's twice its size. The lack of wind from moving it down by the river, and turning the stadium to the north has made hitting a ball 360 feet like hitting one 500. I