Khiry Cooper to transfer to Tulsa

If you want a Cody quote you'll have to talk to guys like Cooper, Turner, Green, Carns, and Bell. Or . . .perhaps you can talk to Bubba Sterlings folks about some calls after he left. He's said one thing in the media and done another in private. He's worked to plant doubt in a few guys about if Bo is stringing them along. I'm glad Green found a new home but really is there any reason to continually tell a guy if you're not happy to come down to Tulsa and I'll talk to coach about a scholarship.

I agree with that sentiment.

I am having a bit of a laugh, though, this thread is amusing. As a board we have a long history of being resistant to unsubstantiated grapevine rumors and "inside" information stuff, especially when it is negative. With due respect, though I won't doubt that da skers is in the know, that is exactly what this is, and it reflects extremely poorly on Cody, who has even by your admission DS, done something entirely different in the media and public eye.

And it is roundly accepted as fact.

Whatever happened to the skeptics and the rational fans who need proper citation for something that would seem to impugn a (former) player's character?

Anyway, Khiry is on his last year and hasn't broken through the rotation here. The WR position has been solidified by a heavy influx of youth, some of whom like Enunwa are now more veteran presences. And we don't pass a lot anymore. I can understand why Khiry would leave, and best of luck to him at Tulsa.

I'm normally extremely gun shy of rumors, but I've heard inklings since the day he set foot on campus, that CG had a BMOC attitude, and spent more time worrying about the ladies than playing football. This isn't something out of the blue, it's been going on for 2+ years.

I see Khiry fitting in a lot better in the Tulsa WR corps than he does here. We have more depth there and ask our receivers to do different things than Tulsa does. They're more of a spread, wide open offense, and I heard Khiry say on USC this afternoon that it's more similar to what he ran in high school. I see it fitting his skill set and body type better-- he's just not a big, physical WR like Kinnie, Quincy, or Niles that could see the edge with a crushing block when we needed it. I think he's a good pass catcher and hopefully will get utilized more down there.

But I had to laugh when I heard he was going to the same place as Cody. My initial reaction, if the rumors are true that CG is trying to attract some of our players down there, was that CG probably said something in the neighborhood of... "Dude, come down here! I'm the starter! I'll throw you the ball!"

If you want a Cody quote you'll have to talk to guys like Cooper, Turner, Green, Carns, and Bell. Or . . .perhaps you can talk to Bubba Sterlings folks about some calls after he left. He's said one thing in the media and done another in private. He's worked to plant doubt in a few guys about if Bo is stringing them along. I'm glad Green found a new home but really is there any reason to continually tell a guy if you're not happy to come down to Tulsa and I'll talk to coach about a scholarship.

I am having a bit of a laugh, though, this thread is amusing. As a board we have a long history of being resistant to unsubstantiated grapevine rumors and "inside" information stuff, especially when it is negative. With due respect, though I won't doubt that da skers is in the know, that is exactly what this is, and it reflects extremely poorly on Cody, who has even by your admission DS, done something entirely different in the media and public eye.

Whatever happened to the skeptics and the rational fans who need proper citation for something that would seem to impugn a (former) player's character?

Anyway, Khiry is on his last year and hasn't broken through the rotation here. The WR position has been solidified by a heavy influx of youth, some of whom like Enunwa are now more veteran presences. And we don't pass a lot anymore. I can understand why Khiry would leave, and best of luck to him at Tulsa.

I'm normally extremely gun shy of rumors, but I've heard inklings since the day he set foot on campus, that CG had a BMOC attitude, and spent more time worrying about the ladies than playing football. This isn't something out of the blue, it's been going on for 2+ years.

and you waited until now to say "i told you so?"......wow, that's brilliant, what else you got unsubstantiated? :ahhhhhhhh

and you waited until now to say "i told you so?"......wow, that's brilliant, what else you got unsubstantiated? :ahhhhhhhh

No, I didn't. I've said since last spring that Green wasn't the "team guy" he played. It tend to keep my mouth shut on these things, because most the stuff I hear comes from a couple people on a premium board. Nothing I just said is new, and a little bit of digging would show you that.

Also, you critiquing me for saying something "unsubstantiated" is f'ing lolz....

Just like I said. Green had been in his ear all last year. I look for one more guy to possibly leave after spring and if it happens husker nation will be pissed.

agreed. i dont get the praise everyone seems to give C Green, guy has said some bad things about NU and he has been trying to get multiple players to transfer. just doesnt make any sense.

It's something, huh? Green disses NU and leaves the team.....gets nothing but praise and good luck wishes for him. Tmart is still here at NU and playing and all he gets is unlimited hatred.

Makes sense.

Just like I said. Green had been in his ear all last year. I look for one more guy to possibly leave after spring and if it happens husker nation will be pissed.

agreed. i dont get the praise everyone seems to give C Green, guy has said some bad things about NU and he has been trying to get multiple players to transfer. just doesnt make any sense.

It's something, huh? Green disses NU and leaves the team.....gets nothing but praise and good luck wishes for him. Tmart is still here at NU and playing and all he gets is unlimited hatred.

Makes sense.

I don't hate the QB...I hate the purple dinosaur who runs his 'protection'.

• Fire 1

Makes sense.

I didn't know in what fashion or form, but I somehow knew this thread would gravitate toward Taylor.

Who is accepting what da skers is saying as fact?

Well, here you go. bshirt, the negative rumor is not about Taylor and all of a sudden you drop your standards for what's rumor and what's not? I for one only believe what I read in the papers ;) and this is what the papers say:

Green: "I have made the decision to look at other options in continuing my education and college football career. I have enjoyed my time at Nebraska and am thankful for my teammates and the opportunities the coaching staff gave me to better myself as a player and a person. The support of the fans here has been great and my time as a Husker will never be forgotten. The decision to leave was very difficult for me and my family. It was by far one of the hardest things I’ve ever done...I wish coach Pelini and Nebraska nothing but the best this year and in the future."

I like that Khiry Cooper's transfer thread has turned into a Cody Green bashfest. Stick up for Taylor when he gets undeserved hate, it will look better than going out of your way to dump on a former player who never broke through here.

Enough about that, look who Tulsa's quarterbacks coach is. Interesting connection!

• Fire 1

Who is accepting what da skers is saying as fact?

Well, here you go. bshirt, the negative rumor is not about Taylor and all of a sudden you drop your standards for what's rumor and what's not? I for one only believe what I read in the papers ;) and this is what the papers say:

I'm sorry, was that intended to be a joke? Or did you dust off your palantir and foresee that bshirt was going to post this in this thread, 8.5 hours later?

And I wouldn't consider one person's post as "roundly accepted." But that's just me.