OT Braden Smith [Auburn - Signed LOI]

Nexus

This probably is one of the better shots that we have at getting a 5 star player! Probably a top 25 recruit for 2014. Who was the last 5 star player we got? Steinkuhler?

Aaron Green was a 5* to some sources.

HA! That worked out.

I almost prefer that Taylor and Newby weren't 5 star guys, looking at how the last couple 5 star RB's have worked out.

I played against them many times in high school, we were in the same conference. My dad officiates Kansas 5A and 6A football. We knew a lot about the Bubba Starling saga early. I will see what I can find out.

I miss Bubba terribly and still pains me to this day that I will never get to see him run our offense. Of course he has to do what's best for himself but it's probably the saddest I've felt out of any Husker's departure from the program. I was too young at the time to remember when Deangelo Evans left (ironically another highly touted Kansas recruit), but reading back on it now I bet I would have been pretty sad about that too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just doing some more visits to places like Ohio State and Michigan (doing the rounds of visits on consecutive days)......same thing he has done when visiting Nebraska and TCU. He will not be making a list any time soon. His dad seems to be the one that talks to the recruiting services so the information that comes out is limited and specific.