Husker Draft Picks 2012

Ziggy

Crick- 4th round (too bad, came back for his team and will pay)

And this is the exact reason why he should have left. All the arguments when Bubba was deciding if he should go to BB or not and a few was saying he should get his degree first before millions. How much money did Crick just lose because he stayed an extra year?

How much did SUH make for staying the extra year. Easy to compare looking back. No injury, Crick looks like genius for staying. Look at Luck as well. You never can tell.

Luck doesn't matter, he woulda gone #1 last year....

David-Very late 1st

Crick-late 3rd

Dennard-Early 4th, he's an idiot and makes dumb choices, but its the NFL, they will teach him some disclipline, and teams wont want to let this talent slide

If Dennard is an idiot and he's going to drop so far then how do explain Bruce Irvin going number 15. This guy has enough bagage to take a 4 week ocean cruise. He's been in jail, Dennard will likely get no more than a slap on the wrist?

Not just challenging you BS007 this ? goes out to all those Dennard detractors.

T_O_B

David-Very late 1st

Crick-late 3rd

Dennard-Early 4th, he's an idiot and makes dumb choices, but its the NFL, they will teach him some disclipline, and teams wont want to let this talent slide

If Dennard is an idiot and he's going to drop so far then how do explain Bruce Irvin going number 15. This guy has enough bagage to take a 4 week ocean cruise. He's been in jail, Dennard will likely get no more than a slap on the wrist?

T_O_B

I agree with you, T_O_Bull. However, people have a pretty short memory, and Fonzo was stupid enough to commit his offense less than a week before the draft.

David-Very late 1st

Crick-late 3rd

T_O_B

I agree with you, T_O_Bull. However, people have a pretty short memory, and Fonzo was stupid enough to commit his offense less than a week before the draft.

Just a little more info on Irvin:

Irvin has been in trouble with the law which is why he wasn't supposed to go where he did. He also dropped out of high school and barely got through college without failing out, but Pete Carroll has been known to mentor kids and fix their character issues, so he will have to work his magic on this loose cannon.

Last month, an incident Irvin called "a little hiccup." (Hiccup? He was arrested for disorderly conduct.) Irvin was in court just two days before the draft dealing with that charge.

Dennard - He hasn't played his best football since 2010, figure in the injury and the fact that he had a bad Senior Bowl. I didn't have him falling much at all due to his arrest though, I think he'll be late 4th to a 5th round pick.

David - Most upside of all the Husker players in the draft he will be gone early in the second round.

Crick - I say Crick goes between rounds 4-6. He hasn't played his best football since Suh was here and when he was playing well he was still considered an early second round pick. Add the concussion and torn pectoral. Then you have to ask if he'll be a DT in a 3-4 defense or a defensive end in a 4-3. So I have him falling quite a ways.

Kinnie - This is my sleeper ha. I think he will go in the 7th round but I believe someone might take a gamble on Kinnie

i think people need to realize that it was practically impossible for crick to play any better than he did when suh was playing next to him. That year suh was doubled teamed all year which left crick with lots of one on one match ups. so when suh left crick then started to draw the double teams, thus his numbers where bound to go down some, and he still had a very good junior year, good enough he was on the cover of sports illustrated and people where saying he was a first round lock. which in turn even put more of a focus on him and then teams were willing to sell out to stop him. . If anything i thnk you kinda have to be disappointed in the other d-lineman for not being able to take some of that pressure off of him.also we then switched to the BIG which is a whole different animal in the type of play and imo the quality of lineman that he faced every game was much better than that of the lineman in the big XII. crick will do just fine in the NFL. will he do as good as suh? probably not, but thats because suh is a once in a generation type of player. but he has a serious potential to be a quality dt in the NFL

Looking through the list of all the first rounder’s I noticed Alabama had 4 first round draft choices.

Hell, NU may only have three players drafted in 7 rounds!!!!

Yuuuuup. It sucks that they have a hotbed of grown men/fully developed men at 18 yrs old in their backyard. We have some good athletes but not a whole class of 550lb squatting 18y/o men in our backyard. Some of our guys are normal 18y/o guys until they get 2-3 years in our weight program.

Looking through the list of all the first rounder’s I noticed Alabama had 4 first round draft choices.

Hell, NU may only have three players drafted in 7 rounds!!!!

Yuuuuup. It sucks that they have a hotbed of grown men/fully developed men at 18 yrs old in their backyard. We have some good athletes but not a whole class of 550lb squatting 18y/o men in our backyard. Some of our guys are normal 18y/o guys until they get 2-3 years in our weight program.

We also had a small graduating class.

Crick- 4th round (too bad, came back for his team and will pay)

And this is the exact reason why he should have left. All the arguments when Bubba was deciding if he should go to BB or not and a few was saying he should get his degree first before millions. How much money did Crick just lose because he stayed an extra year?

How much did SUH make for staying the extra year. Easy to compare looking back. No injury, Crick looks like genius for staying. Look at Luck as well. You never can tell.

Luck doesn't matter, he woulda gone #1 last year....

The comment was made in regards to possible injury. Crick came back, got injured and dropped. Luck came back, risked injury and stayed healthy. He stayed at the top pick.

You choose to come back you always risk injury and/or dropping do to performance.

I really think the senior bowl hurt Fonzie a lot.