Best running back for 2013

I see Marrow taking over for Burkhead as the HB, and Green getting the I-back. Why, because neither Green or Ameer have the size necessary to be a full on every down back. The HB is in reference to his ability to play FB, I back, or a side of the Diamond formation. He will be better equiped to take it inside, block on PA, or be the lead blocker for a QB keeper. I see Green and Ameer as interchangeable, but they both possess amazing skills that an offense that appears to be taking shape will need from the backfield. I hope we see more of those three and a little less of Superman, because hopefully we will be up and his services will no longer be needed in the second half of some early games.

Who will win the starting role in 2013 Aaron " Green Machine" Green or Ameer "The butcher" Abdullah?

I think Green has the better tools. Bigger and stronger and able to withstand more hits at 5'11 190 then Abullah who is 5'9 and around 185.

Abdullah could win because he is lightning fast and if you dont belive me look at the game vs Fresno look at his kick return he also flat out embarresed the guy with that juke he did.

not really, dont feel bad because we dont like the nicknames you gave them, ill be your friend :)

1 friend. Good start.

not sure how Beck will use these guys, maybe we will see a lot of swing passes or some thorwing into space to get these guys into the game.........i dunno, but i hope Beck develops something that works.

Agreed we need to spread the ball around to the talent we have at WR, And RB.

Hopefully they can find a nice balance of Burkhead while combining the other backs to take the load off of Rex.

With that being said, I liked Green better than Abdullah when they got carries last year. I know Abdullah had the most carries of the young running backs, but it just looked to me that Green had better vision and looked more natural back there than Ameer did.

I'm not saying Ameer is a bad running back, but to my eyes, I thought Green looked better. I expect one of them, if not both of them, to step up and get involved more this year.

I see Marrow taking over for Burkhead as the HB, and Green getting the I-back. Why, because neither Green or Ameer have the size necessary to be a full on every down back. The HB is in reference to his ability to play FB, I back, or a side of the Diamond formation. He will be better equiped to take it inside, block on PA, or be the lead blocker for a QB keeper. I see Green and Ameer as interchangeable, but they both possess amazing skills that an offense that appears to be taking shape will need from the backfield. I hope we see more of those three and a little less of Superman, because hopefully we will be up and his services will no longer be needed in the second half of some early games.

Ummm.....isn't halfback and iback the same position?

Ummm.....isn't halfback and iback the same position?

An I-back is a halfback, but a halfback isn't always an I-back.

I think a lot depends on this season. Both guys are now year 2 in the system. By all accounts Bo wants to limit Rex's carries so we should see more of them. I expect Bo to follow his "he who practices better plays mantra" so we could see AA one week and Green the next. Rex has the knack of very rarely losing yrds and always seemed to be able to lean and get the extra yrds when being tackled. Both AA and Green will have t show they can consistently run between the tackles and get some tough yrds. Bouncing to the outside doesn't mean you are good back. The guys (RB's) have to play within the scheme and the plays called. Helu, IMO, was great at this. Hit the hole and gone. Same with Rex, great vision and patience. This comes with time and experience.

Morrow might be the question mark. Ron Brown says he is a FB playing like a RB or words to that effect. 250 lbs is a load. Against a CB or Safety in the open field he is/would be a nightmare to bring down. Not saying he would be the "it" guy, but he could definitely be a change of pace back. Kind of like a true "Thunder and Lightning" combo.

Regardless, I would love to see someone this year fill the role like Lucky did catching the passes out of the backfield. Something that, IMO, we have neglected since he left.