Best running back for 2013

I see Marrow taking over for Burkhead as the HB, and Green getting the I-back. Why, because neither Green or Ameer have the size necessary to be a full on every down back. The HB is in reference to his ability to play FB, I back, or a side of the Diamond formation. He will be better equiped to take it inside, block on PA, or be the lead blocker for a QB keeper. I see Green and Ameer as interchangeable, but they both possess amazing skills that an offense that appears to be taking shape will need from the backfield. I hope we see more of those three and a little less of Superman, because hopefully we will be up and his services will no longer be needed in the second half of some early games.

Ummm.....isn't halfback and iback the same position?

An I-back is a halfback, but a halfback isn't always an I-back.

I could see Marrow having a role of some sort this year and next. I'm not sure what though. I'm not sure what he's capable of. Might be our next I-back (--but doubtful). Might be used only for FB duties. I'm guessing it'll be something in between. That is, sometimes a blocker, sometimes the ball carrier. Who knows--maybe we'll use him to run the occasional pass route. Marrow is close to NFL TE size.

I am high on Marrow for a variety of reasons, one he appears to be a more complete back than most of our other possible replacements. Two he was the back up to Trent Richardson as a true freshman at Alabama. Three I think he is best suited to take on the rigors of the B1G season and handle the 15-20 carries of a main back. I just don't see Ameer or Green putting on the size needed to play that role, they appear to be role players in our new conference and our new offense. Like all of us have said who would you rather run a I formation between the tackles, Ameer/Green or Burkhead. Well Marrow is bigger than Superman and from what coaches are saying he has plenty of speed to go with that size. And I actually see him losing weight before the season starts as he gets into playing shape.

Green easily, Abdullah can slip some tackles because hes quick and adgile, but the first time someone makes contact he's on the ground. Green seems much stonger

Thats what I was thinking. By the way did you like the nicknames I gave them?

I dont understand how you got those nicknames. Usually nicknames go with either the persons name of something they did. So im very confused how you would call Abdullah the Butcher. Green Machine makes a little more sense, but when i think of Green Machine, i think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcConBiLV8

Green easily, Abdullah can slip some tackles because hes quick and adgile, but the first time someone makes contact he's on the ground. Green seems much stonger

Thats what I was thinking. By the way did you like the nicknames I gave them?

I dont understand how you got those nicknames. Usually nicknames go with either the persons name of something they did. So im very confused how you would call Abdullah the Butcher. Green Machine makes a little more sense, but when i think of Green Machine, i think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcConBiLV8

Me and my dad call him the butcher for some reason. I couldnt think of anything for Green so I used that.

The nicknames are kinda stupid. Don't mean to be offensive, but they are. They sound like names you would give WWE wrestlers or something.

It's best to let nicknames come naturally (i.e.T-Magic) or not at all. Preferably, not at all, unless they're unbelievably awesome. For example, I loved that they called LSU's cornerback Tyrann Mathieu 'Honeybadger.'

The nicknames are kinda stupid. Don't mean to be offensive, but they are. They sound like names you would give WWE wrestlers or something.

It's best to let nicknames come naturally (i.e.T-Magic) or not at all. Preferably, not at all, unless they're unbelievably awesome. For example, I loved that they called LSU's cornerback Tyrann Mathieu 'Honeybadger.'

Zoey: Ted, this is my husband.

Ted: So Captain how did you get that name?

The Captain: I gave it to myself. A real man chooses his real name.

- From How I Met Your Mother

I agree with you though, nicknames need to have some substance to them. You can't just dub someone "The Assassin" or something just because it sounds cool.