Can Nebraska Basketball be respectable with Tim Miles as coach?

I personally like what I have seen so far. There is certainly a buzz around the program that we certainly haven't seen in a while. In terms of exposure we are certainly getting out there, having the guys from Chicago visit, the talk about the new facilities etc have really helped us being recognized nationally. I don't really see why he shouldn't be successful but then again it depends on what your definition of successful is. For me I would love for Husker Basketball to be competitive, occasionally competing for conference championships, making the tourney oh lets say 3 times out of 5 years with an occasional sweet 16 or elite 8 run in there. I am not even thinking National Championships at this point at all.

Miles seems to be a hard worker, knows how the system works, surrounds himself with good people, is personable, young, has good connections and willing to keep up with the times (using twitter etc) those qualities seem to bode well in recruiting. The biggest issue in the end is whether or not he can get bigger name guys to come to Lincoln. IN the recent past there has not been enough talent locally to really succeed we need to get guys from elsewhere to come here.

Maybe I am a hopeless optimist but I think he can do it but time will tell.

No where other then a NIT championship. Yea I said it.. Noone wants to come here and play Basketball.

They said that about baseball with Buck Beltzer. Got a new coach and new field. Fans came out and supported and wah-la Nebraska Baseball was pretty respectable. They slumped a little but are coming back now.

Same thing with basketball. New facilities, new coach, get the fans to come out and wah-la Nebraska basketball will be pretty hot.

Next year could be pretty tough given the turnover and the fact that they haven't had a chance to recruit 2012 players and build relationships and as you pointed out the pool is limited. 2013& 2014 could get pretty exciting as they bring players in and refurbish the roster. They are building those relationships now to those high profile players. It only takes 1 or 2 to get it going.

So the answer is if this staff can recruit then they will be very respectable. I think it's going to happen.

I've been on record from the beginning thinking he is the right guy at this time.

Next 2 years will need some patience from fans, but I really believe we will see the foundation being laid.

No need to put upper limits on what is possible. In fact the title of this thread is limiting in itself, in that "respectability" is a hard to quantify goal.

Pass me the kool aid and let's see how far he can take us! :koolaid2: