Aaron Green

Actually, I retract my first post. This might be Ron Brown related, but not the way people think.

I'm hearing insider rumblings that Ron Brown's "great honor" that he would love might end up happening within the next month or two. If so, Aaron has a very close relationship with him and if this is something that is making it's way through the rumor mill around Lincoln then it might play into Aaron's decision. I meant earlier to say that Aaron leaving wasn't because of a disharmony with RB, but it might have to do with harmony.

Same thoughts there. It's understandable to want to leave if your position coach may be on the way out. Still think it's a mistake.

I can see the wanting to play more in open space argument. Although I didn't know it was a goal of our offense to not get our playmakers in open space.

Actually, I retract my first post. This might be Ron Brown related, but not the way people think.

I'm hearing insider rumblings that Ron Brown's "great honor" that he would love might end up happening within the next month or two. If so, Aaron has a very close relationship with him and if this is something that is making it's way through the rumor mill around Lincoln then it might play into Aaron's decision. I meant earlier to say that Aaron leaving wasn't because of a disharmony with RB, but it might have to do with harmony.

This started well before Coach Brown's decision to speak at the Omaha City Council meeting, and any repercussions related to it, if that's what you're referring to.

This started well before Coach Brown's decision to speak at the Omaha City Council meeting, and any repercussions related to it, if that's what you're referring to.

Only noting that Ron Brown's lack of job security might play a role in Aaron wanting to leave because Aaron is close to him. Nothing more or less.

but it could have been the final factor

A big shocker IMO. Where is he going? I can't figure this out unless Ameer is just light years ahead of him in spring ball. Now not seeing that spring game really has me thinking. Any chance he has second thoughts? This makes absolutely no sense and interested to hear his reason.

Haven't heard anything supporting Ameer being ahead of it, all the reports coming out of spring were exactly the opposite. According to Sean Callahan, Aaron doesn't like the direction of the offense.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

According to his father, Green would like to go to an offense where he's used more in space.

hmmm, wouldnt he have known our offense before he commited here? i know the Watson and Beck switch, but if anything Beck's offense is more "spread out" then watson's was

Like I said above, the change in style of offense can be contributed to the conference switch. It would be very difficult in the B1G to have anything other than a pro-style/power running offense and be super successful IMO.

In the Big 12, we would have continued to recruit small, speedy players and had an increasingly versatile offense.

Only noting that Ron Brown's lack of job security might play a role in Aaron wanting to leave because Aaron is close to him. Nothing more or less.

I quoted your post where you said Coach Brown may get fired. Now you're saying it's just speculation? That's odd.

Lots of variables now.

Does Heard move back?

Are we due for a big dose of Cross as a frosh?

Is Morrow as legit as we have all kept hearing?

Can Rex handle another huge workload for a 2nd season?

Yep, very interesting. Bo said himself we relied too much on Rex last year...I was looking forward to seeing Green on the field. If Cross and Morrow are running through guys that would be cool by me though. :)

Well as a Husker fan this is obviously tough news to hear. I was really looking forward to see how we were going to mesh Burkhead's, Abdullah's, and Green's talents this season. At the end of the day these are young men, and each has their own reasons for choosing a school or choosing to leave a school.

So I wish Aaron Green the very best in his future endeavors. Husker football will be fine.

I quoted your post where you said Coach Brown may get fired. Now you're saying it's just speculation? That's odd.

Is there a difference between the two? I don't hear anything concrete, but I do hear some best guesses and probable scenarios from people that have proven to have some level of insider information. I didn't mean to imply that it's a done deal, hence the use of the word 'may'.

When Green, Abdullah and Heard all ended up in the same class, this scenario became much more likely. It's a numbers game. It sucks to see a guy go. I didn't want to see it happen, but... here we are.

Also, Shark mentioning the Big XII as a more likely home for Green's skill set could be prophetic. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Is there a difference between the two? I don't hear anything concrete, but I do hear some best guesses and probable scenarios from people that have proven to have some level of insider information. I didn't mean to imply that it's a done deal, hence the use of the word 'may'.

People throw the phrase "insider" around a lot. It seems to have many different meanings.

Just to diffuse the talk before it starts, I think this would be crazy speculation. There's no reason to suspect this is the case at all.

Ron Brown related?

Maybe there was just more to those homesickness tweets last fall than we thought.