SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

I would love to see at least one safety recruit from this class graduate in Dec. and be here for spring ball. With Stafford, P.J., and Osborne all leaving after this year, and aftern striking out on safties last year, we will need all the help we can get com 2013 at this position.

I would love to see at least one safety recruit from this class graduate in Dec. and be here for spring ball. With Stafford, P.J., and Osborne all leaving after this year, and aftern striking out on safties last year, we will need all the help we can get com 2013 at this position.

Watch out for harvey jackson and corey cooper.

I am optimistic about jackson and cooper and hope they see the field a bit more this year. Also, when I posted, I'd forgotten that Washington was switched to safety. Still, I'd like to see another solid prospect or two in the mix.

I am optimistic about jackson and cooper and hope they see the field a bit more this year. Also, when I posted, I'd forgotten that Washington was switched to safety. Still, I'd like to see another solid prospect or two in the mix.

Not only positions but also teams.

• Fire 1

I'm optimistic about Jackson too, but Cooper I'm not so sure about. I'm still having a hard time understanding why they would try to move him to corner. From what I saw he doesn't have the hips to play corner. I think he probably lost some valuable time in safety learning when that happened. I hope I'm wrong though. I was jacked when he committed to us.

According to the article linked above, Bo says we've got two good senior safeties and one good junior, not two. Here's a quotation from Gerry's dad:

“He told Nate, ‘Our plan for you is to play you early,” said Brian Gerry, head athletic trainer at Augustana. “He said they had two seniors who were safeties and a junior who’s a good player, but after that they were looking for Nate to be part of the future of their defensive backfield.

According to the article linked above, Bo says we've got two good senior safeties and one good junior, not two. Here's a quotation from Gerry's dad:

“He told Nate, ‘Our plan for you is to play you early,” said Brian Gerry, head athletic trainer at Augustana. “He said they had two seniors who were safeties and a junior who’s a good player, but after that they were looking for Nate to be part of the future of their defensive backfield.

It's possible Gerry's dad is mis-quoting Bo. Seems he is already since both cooper and jackson will be sophmores this year if one of those two are the junior he's refering to. Or it is possible that cooper did make the switch to LB as has been rumored since the season ended.

"He told Nate, 'Our plan for you is to play you early," said Brian Gerry, head athletic trainer at Augustana. "He said they had two seniors who were safeties and a junior who's a good player, but after that they were looking for Nate to be part of the future of their defensive backfield.

It's possible Gerry's dad is mis-quoting Bo. Seems he is already since both cooper and jackson will be sophmores this year if one of those two are the junior he's refering to. Or it is possible that cooper did make the switch to LB as has been rumored since the season ended.

That's basically the question I raise with posting this. Is CC still a safety? Has Bo given up on that? Is he saying on CC or Harvey are good, but not both? Or, yeah a misquote.

Just don't know for sure at this point. The last depth chart was released befor the bowl game.

"He told Nate, 'Our plan for you is to play you early," said Brian Gerry, head athletic trainer at Augustana. "He said they had two seniors who were safeties and a junior who's a good player, but after that they were looking for Nate to be part of the future of their defensive backfield.

That's basically the question I raise with posting this. Is CC still a safety? Has Bo given up on that? Is he saying on CC or Harvey are good, but not both? Or, yeah a misquote.

Just don't know for sure at this point. The last depth chart was released befor the bowl game.

My thoughts/hopes are that CC is a stud and coaches want to get him on the field asap, hence the corner experiment last year. The switch to lb, if it has actually occured, would be because of the opportunity there to get some snaps instead of being stuck behind 3 seniors this year. Then again, if he's the stud Im hoping he is, you'd think he'd be able to be the starting safety opposite stafford.... I hate the offseason.