RB Corey Clement [Wisconsin Commit]

ADS

He must enjoy losing.

Yeah, I mean it's not like Wisconsin has made it to 2 straight Rose Bowls or anything. haha

This.

No Russell Wilson = No National level success for Wisconsin.

Have fun at Wiscy losing to NU for the next 10 years.

So you're telling me that NU will be beating Wiscy in BIG 10 championship game the next 4 years?... me likey

He must enjoy losing.

Yeah, I mean it's not like Wisconsin has made it to 2 straight Rose Bowls or anything. haha

This.

Wisconsin BCS Bowls without Russell Wilson: 3

Nebraska BCS Bowls: 2

• Fire 1

He must enjoy losing.

This.

Wisconsin BCS Bowls without Russell Wilson: 3

Nebraska BCS Bowls: 2

Yeah, I have to agree with Bucky here. Since 2007, Nebraska is 48-25 and Wisconsin is 54-20. Wisconsin has 2 conference championships and Nebraska has zero. So since these recruits have really been watching or following college football, Wisconsin has been the more relative team on the national scene.

We also played in the Big 12, which is a tougher conference than the B1G.

IMO, that's a poor excuse. Just win your games.

So playing in a Big 12 in 2008 when we had literally 4 teams that were ranked in the top ten (TTech, Texas, OU, Mizzery, KU) isnt harder with a first year coach than playing in the BIG????????????

So playing a team in Texas in 2009 that went onto play in the National Title Game (Had multiple chances to win said game as well) isnt tougher than playing in the BIG that had no team sniff that game????

So our offensive direction and the coaches we have in place isnt more appealing than Wisconsin's?????????? Im sorry, but I would argue that our offense is the best in the BIG TEN. If not the best, a very close second. Wisconsin isn't even close to the level of talent that we have on our offense.

Wisconsin has had more success in recent years, but even the wildest Wisconsin fan would have to admit that it won't hold up long term (By it I mean Wisconsin being better then Nebraska)....

We've been "around" in the Big Ten for two decades now so our success hasn't been just a flash in the pan. You might only remember Wilson and last year's Rose Bowl but we've been contending in this conference for far longer than just one season. I'm not the most wild of fans but I'm not ready to say it won't hold up long term because it already has held up.

Whether Wisconsin will be on the same level as Nebraska (or better) is a whole separate question. There is no debating that Nebraska, historically, has been at another, better, level of football but you're at a crossroads. What kind of program will Nebraska be in the future? Your recruiting will inevitably take a hit without a Texas connection or kids remembering your great runs and you're in the middle of nowhere which also doesn't help. You don't have the flash of an Oregon that's so popular these days and NU just isn't seen as a prestigious destination anymore. On the other hand you have great facilities, tremendous history and some of the best fans in the sport. It's hard to say what will happen. That said I wouldn't be so dismissive of UW.

We have an awesome city, an elite school academically, a great stadium and fans to go with it and a system that fits a lot of kids well, couple that with the aforementioned success and I don't see us absolutely tanking to 1980's UW like some of you do. If I had to make a prediction I'd say we'll float around along with Michigan State, Michigan and Penn State on the same tier. The only school I don't see sucking for long is Ohio State for so many reasons.

So our offensive direction and the coaches we have in place isnt more appealing than Wisconsin's?????????? Im sorry, but I would argue that our offense is the best in the BIG TEN. If not the best, a very close second. Wisconsin isn't even close to the level of talent that we have on our offense.

I'd say, that at least to RB's and Offensive linemen, our system is far more appealing than Nebraska's. Quarterbacks and Defense not so much. As far as talent? Have fun with that I guess. Be known as the most talented team in the conference, it won't get you anything. Wisconsin wasn't seen as the most "talented" team the past few years when we were pummeling opponents but clearly talent wasn't needed. We do as much with what we have as nearly any team in the country.

Wisconsin has had more success in recent years, but even the wildest Wisconsin fan would have to admit that it won't hold up long term (By it I mean Wisconsin being better then Nebraska)....

We've been "around" in the Big Ten for two decades now so our success hasn't been just a flash in the pan. You might only remember Wilson and last year's Rose Bowl but we've been contending in this conference for far longer than just one season. I'm not the most wild of fans but I'm not ready to say it won't hold up long term because it already has held up.

Whether Wisconsin will be on the same level as Nebraska (or better) is a whole separate question. There is no debating that Nebraska, historically, has been at another, better, level of football but you're at a crossroads. What kind of program will Nebraska be in the future? Your recruiting will inevitably take a hit without a Texas connection or kids remembering your great runs and you're in the middle of nowhere which also doesn't help. You don't have the flash of an Oregon that's so popular these days and NU just isn't seen as a prestigious destination anymore. On the other hand you have great facilities, tremendous history and some of the best fans in the sport. It's hard to say what will happen. That said I wouldn't be so dismissive of UW.

We have an awesome city, an elite school academically, a great stadium and fans to go with it and a system that fits a lot of kids well, couple that with the aforementioned success and I don't see us absolutely tanking to 1980's UW like some of you do. If I had to make a prediction I'd say we'll float around along with Michigan State, Michigan and Penn State on the same tier. The only school I don't see sucking for long is Ohio State for so many reasons.

I'd say, that at least to RB's and Offensive linemen, our system is far more appealing than Nebraska's. Quarterbacks and Defense not so much. As far as talent? Have fun with that I guess. Be known as the most talented team in the conference, it won't get you anything. Wisconsin wasn't seen as the most "talented" team the past few years when we were pummeling opponents but clearly talent wasn't needed. We do as much with what we have as nearly any team in the country.

Nebraska has lived by this for decades, and I agree Nebraska and Wisky both have to have the coaches in place to do more with less in a sense. I do also believe this year, we have a very talented offense and close or the best in the B1G.

I wasn't taking shots at Wisconsin. It is a great school with tons to offer, such as the best "new" tradition in college football (The Jump Around....F'n Sweet).... However, there is a reality in college football, and that reality is that powerhouse programs come back eventually. You see it with Alabama the last 5 years, you see it with Notre Dame this year. We all seen it with Oklahoma in the early 2000's after being down in the 90's.... The reality is there are tiers of tradition in the B1G that matter. First tier: Ohio St., Michigan, Nebraska Second tier: Wisconsin, Penn St.,..... I hope Wisconsin has continued success, because I don't want to see Ohio St. dominate the Leaders for years to come. However, back-to-back Rose Bowls (maybe a 3rd) is as good as it gets for Wisconsin in my opinion....And its a pretty damn good thing, and I know I speak for all Husker fans when I say that we would have loved to be in Wisky's position the last couple years.