RB Corey Clement [Wisconsin Commit]

ADS

Come on guys, you REALLY don't see what he sees in Wisconsin? REALLY?!

I'm the biggest NU homer you'll ever meet (well, behind some others on this board :lol:), and as good as we are at showcasing backs and putting them in the league with our patented running attack, Wisconsin is even better at it. He's probably caught up in the hype of Ball's Heisman run last year... stuff like that influences kids. Plus, Wiscy runs a pro style offense, predicated on downhill running. It's pretty much one of the top schools in the nation if you want to put up stats and get noticed as a RB.

Don't get me wrong, I think we are great at it too. But we have a TON more weapons than they do on offense right now, so we can afford to be more... gulp, multiple (shades of Watson anyone?) on offense.

Wiscy pretty much puts 70-80% of the offense on the RB's shoulders every week.

Oh well, still have Kemp and Newby on the board! If someone could JUST show Newby that UCLA still sucks... :lol:

Seriously, they've played a REALLY weak schedule so for. They lost to Oregon State who's the best team they've played... besides us of course. STILL ticked we let that one get away. But the next best team they played-- ASU-- took them right down to the wire. UCLA won by 2. And they got blown out by a mediocre Cal team...

Wish the kid could see through the powder blue and gold glasses. Get him some Koolaid! :koolaid2:

That's good and all but where are all these stud UW runningbacks in the NFL?

I'm the biggest NU homer you'll ever meet (well, behind some others on this board :lol:), and as good as we are at showcasing backs and putting them in the league with our patented running attack, Wisconsin is even better at it. He's probably caught up in the hype of Ball's Heisman run last year... stuff like that influences kids. Plus, Wiscy runs a pro style offense, predicated on downhill running. It's pretty much one of the top schools in the nation if you want to put up stats and get noticed as a RB.

Don't get me wrong, I think we are great at it too. But we have a TON more weapons than they do on offense right now, so we can afford to be more... gulp, multiple (shades of Watson anyone?) on offense.

Oh well, still have Kemp and Newby on the board! If someone could JUST show Newby that UCLA still sucks... :lol:

Seriously, they've played a REALLY weak schedule so for. They lost to Oregon State who's the best team they've played... besides us of course. STILL ticked we let that one get away. But the next best team they played-- ASU-- took them right down to the wire. UCLA won by 2. And they got blown out by a mediocre Cal team...

Wish the kid could see through the powder blue and gold glasses. Get him some Koolaid! :koolaid2:

crickets... :dunno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwBdyIcoss4

Ball will get drafted, high. James White will go to the league. PJ Hill has bounced around-- albeit on practice squads mostly-- but he's carried in an NFL game. I'm a little surprised that John Clay is a free agent, but according his Wikipedia he was injured during training camp time this year. Idk if he's fully healthy or not, but I"d think someone would give him a look. He did score a TD for the Steelers though.

So Hill and Clay both went undrafted. I figured they would've been worth a draft pick from somebody. But they're both in the league. Ball will get taken high this year. By comparison, we have BJax and Helu who've gone on to the NFL and had success. Burkhead will after this year. I guess we have had the more successful pro backs in recent history.

But you've gotta admit it would be easy to get caught up in Ball putting up 1900+ and 30+ TDs last year and think he could be the next Heisman candidate for a run heavy team no?

Ball will get drafted, high. James White will go to the league. PJ Hill has bounced around-- albeit on practice squads mostly-- but he's carried in an NFL game. I'm a little surprised that John Clay is a free agent, but according his Wikipedia he was injured during training camp time this year. Idk if he's fully healthy or not, but I"d think someone would give him a look. He did score a TD for the Steelers though.

So Hill and Clay both went undrafted. I figured they would've been worth a draft pick from somebody. But they're both in the league. Ball will get taken high this year. By comparison, we have BJax and Helu who've gone on to the NFL and had success. Burkhead will after this year. I guess we have had the more successful pro backs in recent history.

But you've gotta admit it would be easy to get caught up in Ball putting up 1900+ and 30+ TDs last year and think he could be the next Heisman candidate for a run heavy team no?

when you say ball will go high what are you thinking? he will NOT go before the 3rd round. maybe a 4th round guy. his stock has dropped

I can't wait to go 4-0 against this kid!!

That means we will be in the conference championship atleast twice with Wisconsin

Even better!!

I think what DTrain is saying is that we dont play Wisconsin during the regular season til like 2015/16 again. So to go 4-0 against this recruit we'd have to meet in CCG a couple times.

• 1 month later...