Jamie Williams returning

Following his playing career, Williams embarked on a successful professional career that includes work in the film industry as a writer, director, screenwriter and actor. Williams gained his most notoriety in the film world for his role as a writer, technical director and actor in Any Given Sunday. Williams also has extensive work as a management consultant/executive coach working with numerous organizations in the Northern California area, including VISA USA and Yahoo.
Cool beans. The guy really has quite a resume. Nice article. :thumbs:

Put him to work on some new promo videos. The ones the university has been using the last few years are pretty weak.

you ain't kidding. if you're talking about that one w/ the eye thing, or the zoom into the people sitting in the stand...get's old seeing that crap. we aren't recruiting 50 year old students (which is what those would appeal to).

or the zoom into the people sitting in the stand...get's old seeing that crap. we aren't recruiting 50 year old students (which is what those would appeal to).

Haha. That one cracks me up.

I think my favorite one was from a year or two ago. They were talking about how diverse and global UNL is, so they showed the stadium and then right when they mentioned the word "global" (or something similar) the camera moved all the way to... western Nebraska.

or the zoom into the people sitting in the stand...get's old seeing that crap. we aren't recruiting 50 year old students (which is what those would appeal to).

Haha. That one cracks me up.

I think my favorite one was from a year or two ago. They were talking about how diverse and global UNL is, so they showed the stadium and then right when they mentioned the word "global" (or something similar) the camera moved all the way to... western Nebraska.

bahahaha. they just need to have the ticket express girl pop up more...

I kind of miss the days when Husker Vision first came out and they had things on like "The Brown Brothers" showing them leveling guys in the secondary. Hell even Monte Cristo had "The count" segment and that was a 3rd string QB if I remember. We lost a few guys and we got old and stale pretty fast. I understand not wanting to single out players to make one more important than the others but it was good for the fans and crowds. Hell...they used to play Enter Sandman for Broderick Thomas. I remember that dude would turn to the fans and raise his hands up and everyone would go nuts. Then another time he was trying to call out a change and it was too loud and and he motioned for the crowd to be quiet and you could almost hear a pin drop. The players always had that connection with the fans and I think its been missing the last 10-12 years.

Question: Is it the opinion of this board that Jamie Williams will be groomed to take Dr. Tom's place as AD? He sounds like a pretty cool person but his job description was a little vague in the newspaper (Diversity and leadership training?-what would that entail?) What will he be doing right away for the university? Upping their 'image' or like some of the above have posted-bring us into the 21st century with regards to image/PR? Thanks and Happy Memorial Day everyone! If you are a member of the military on this board-Thank you so much for preserving our freedoms-your sacrifice is so appreciated by this household and I'm sure many others :)

• Fire 1

Question: Is it the opinion of this board that Jamie Williams will be groomed to take Dr. Tom's place as AD? He sounds like a pretty cool person but his job description was a little vague in the newspaper (Diversity and leadership training?-what would that entail?) What will he be doing right away for the university? Upping their 'image' or like some of the above have posted-bring us into the 21st century with regards to image/PR? Thanks and Happy Memorial Day everyone! If you are a member of the military on this board-Thank you so much for preserving our freedoms-your sacrifice is so appreciated by this household and I'm sure many others :)

Ditto on the veterans kudos !!

But to the point of your questions. I think the hire is multi-pronged in that it addresses the issue (real or perceived) of a lack of minorities in leadership administrative positions; that the job position is intentionally vague in order to "get" him on staff (if the reports are true that T.O. "pursued" him for a number of years); that he will eventually be A candidate to succeed T.O.; But, that nothing is guaranteed and the ensuing years will offer an opportunity platform for him to convince the powers whether or not he is big picture enough to handle the position. And, of course, Harvey is already on record that when T.O. tells him he is gone, there WILL be a nation-wide search. So, if Williams, Paul Meyer, and/or Trev are seen as the early favorites, Pearlman is making it clear it is wide open.

Of course, all of this is just idle speculation and probably not worth the time it took me to compose it...............but I thought your question at least deserved a response.

Will Evan Williams receive any different treatment as far as playing time goes? I mean, if the kid is good, he should get on the field right? But that would go against everything Bo has stood for so far since apparently Bo believe in only playing starters. If Williams is a hell of a ball player, how will he feel if he watches his son ride the pine the same way Brion has. Could be hard for a dad to watch, especially if he had to watch his son sit the bench while a player like TM is out there looking the way he has looked.

edit...yes, aside from injury, it seems Bo likes only giving starters reps in games.........the facts and stats prove that to be true. If we didn't have anyone injured, I sometimes wonder if anybody other than the 22 starters would ever see the field for more than a couple plays.

Ditto on the veterans kudos !!

But to the point of your questions. I think the hire is multi-pronged in that it addresses the issue (real or perceived) of a lack of minorities in leadership administrative positions; that the job position is intentionally vague in order to "get" him on staff (if the reports are true that T.O. "pursued" him for a number of years); that he will eventually be A candidate to succeed T.O.; But, that nothing is guaranteed and the ensuing years will offer an opportunity platform for him to convince the powers whether or not he is big picture enough to handle the position. And, of course, Harvey is already on record that when T.O. tells him he is gone, there WILL be a nation-wide search. So, if Williams, Paul Meyer, and/or Trev are seen as the early favorites, Pearlman is making it clear it is wide open.

Of course, all of this is just idle speculation and probably not worth the time it took me to compose it...............but I thought your question at least deserved a response.

Thank you so much! Well, I for one would like to see him become our new AD especially since Dr. Tom has pursued him. Dr. Tom is a great judge of character and Dr. Williams sounds like a great catch! Thank you again for your thoughtful response. I appreciate it! GBR!