Kansas is the most regressive tax state in nation

Wow... I guess the right is going to get to see their ideas at play on the small scale in the next few years. I just don't understand how this could end in anything but disaster, but I'm young and ignorant and I've been wrong many times in my short life.

*edit*

Just quick math here while I was thinking about this but $4.5 billion over six years works out to $750 million a year if I'm not mistaken. The people are going to take a serious hit on this one. That would be like taking 10% of Nebraska's budget away.

This even seems wrong to me and I'm an evil capitalist conservative. Wouldn't mind seeing a flat income tax and/or relying more on consumption based taxes but to exempt business owners, farmers, etc. from any income tax while still taxing the working man/woman is not right. On the plus side, Kansas may get more businesses to start/relocate there and lower their unemployment because of it. Smaller labor pool and more businesses will mean higher wages. Maybe it won't be a terrible thing for the working stiffs after all?

But how much are programs people depend on going to suffer. The first thing that is always looked at when looking for cuts is education, and that is one area that should never ever be messed with. How are we ever going to figure this stuff out when we just keep handicapping the next generation.

Is there any further doubt that republicans what a two tier system that hearkens back to the middle ages. The aristocracy and the serfs. Just its wealth and not necessarily birth family (though there is a lot in common there) making the aristocracy.

The rich get richer, the middle income and the poor get poorer.

I'd be in favor of tax cuts--even tax cuts to the rich--so long as there were commensurate spending cuts. But politicians never seem to cut spending. Which is a big part of the problem.

Is there any further doubt that republicans what a two tier system that hearkens back to the middle ages. The aristocracy and the serfs. Just its wealth and not necessarily birth family (though there is a lot in common there) making the aristocracy.

That's a pretty overreaching synopsis. I'm republican (maybe not todays type of republican) and I don't favor a two tier system or further disparity between haves and have nots. Irregardless, the boneheads in Kansas screwed the pooch on this one.

That's a pretty overreaching synopsis. I'm republican (maybe not todays type of republican) and I don't favor a two tier system or further disparity between haves and have nots. Irregardless, the boneheads in Kansas screwed the pooch on this one.

But you are not the republican leadership/financial backers. Just look closely at the policy and positions of the tops of the party, and what is happening in states where the GOP controls all branches of gov. Less gov overseeing business, more in your private life. Less taxes for those with the most, more for those with less. Removal of systems that are designed to help those with less climb to better their lives. Gutting of public education systems to keep the masses stupid. Destruction of organized labor. Its not that hard to see.

• Fire 2

Is there anyone else that looking for information other than an editorial written by a Law Professor that has worked at a public University since 1967?

This statements alone sounds like my Union Head teacher mother when Heineman comes up.

The nonpartisan Legislative Research Department has estimated that the act will reduce Kansas government revenues by $4.5 billion over the next six years. Inevitably, there will be major reductions in the government services Kansans have come to expect — especially education.

His portrail raises eyebrows, but for some reason I'm wanting more. The only thing I can find in internet searches are links to this same article or message boards that read similiar to this one.