Nebraska Football

Let me say.....I am a husker til I die. Because I know, I'm going to get blasted by posting this.

But if we don't get the obvious taken care of, it will be a long season.....

Offense

Burkhead is an outstanding back....no breakaway speed.

Our offensive line is average....at best. They are NOT physical. Which means burkhead is going to wear down.

Martinez....pretty obvious here. Great Athlete, but not a qb.

Defense

We better find some speed and I mean fast.

D-line: Steinkhuler has been a bust. All the hype around this guy and I see nothing but him standing straight up and not getting around people. Can we please stop losing containment and get some pressure on a QB. Meredith needs to be moved inside to tackle he is not a DE.

I see a 7 win season. I just can't see us making that much improvement over last year. South Carolina exposed our offense. We are too reliable on burkhead. Martinez can't throw a piece of paper in a trashcan. I do NOT like Big 10 football. I know folks think it is physical. Big friggin deal. Championships run through the SEC, wear speed kills. Period. We need to adopt that style.

• Fire 3

Let me say.....I am a husker til I die. Because I know, I'm going to get blasted by posting this.

Offense

Our offensive line is average....at best. They are NOT physical. Which means burkhead is going to wear down.

Defense

D-line: Steinkhuler has been a bust. All the hype around this guy and I see nothing but him standing straight up and not getting around people. Can we please stop losing containment and get some pressure on a QB. Meredith needs to be moved inside to tackle he is not a DE.

I see a 7 win season. I just can't see us making that much improvement over last year. South Carolina exposed our offense. We are too reliable on burkhead. Martinez can't throw a piece of paper in a trashcan. I do NOT like Big 10 football. I know folks think it is physical. Big friggin deal. Championships run through the SEC, wear speed kills. Period. We need to adopt that style.

Are you dun? Yes, you are dun.

So wait.... you are looking at our team and gauging its perceived weaknesses, and giving an analysis of what you think we can expect for the upcoming season?

This is a FANTASTIC idea for a new thread. I can't believe nobody's thought to come up with a topic like this yet

Offense

Defense

• Fire 1

Offense

Defense

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the rest of your post, but I do agree with this. I don't really understand why NU has to change for the Big 10 by becoming more of a "power" team with bigger, slower players. Why can't NU be the extremely fast and aggressive team in the conference? Why can't NU continue to run the peso defense with a swarming attitude that teams dread playing because they can't keep up? Why can't other teams in the conference have to adapt to NU's style of play rather than the other way around?

I don't claim to be as knowledgeable as any of the coaches nor as knowledgeable as most of the people on this board, but this is the way I see it. When I heard that NU was switching to a more traditional 4-3 defense, I wondered what the purpose was. Is the Big 10 content on beating each other up every week with physical, slow football and then getting smoked in the bowls by teams from the "faster" conferences (I did no research on this to see how true it is, but this is usually the consensus)? I think Nebraska needs to continue to strive to be the fastest team in the conference, the most aggressive team in the conference, the most disciplined team in the conference. Make the rest of the conference realize that the Big 10 doesn't have to be labeled as slow and boring. There is enough speed in the country to go around, plus speed is something that can be somewhat developed with the proper strength and conditioning program (I do realize that a large part of speed is God given).

Stay fast and aggressive Nebraska. It is your key to success in my eyes.

• Fire 1

Offense

Defense

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the rest of your post, but I do agree with this. I don't really understand why NU has to change for the Big 10 by becoming more of a "power" team with bigger, slower players. Why can't NU be the extremely fast and aggressive team in the conference? Why can't NU continue to run the peso defense with a swarming attitude that teams dread playing because they can't keep up? Why can't other teams in the conference have to adapt to NU's style of play rather than the other way around?

I don't claim to be as knowledgeable as any of the coaches nor as knowledgeable as most of the people on this board, but this is the way I see it. When I heard that NU was switching to a more traditional 4-3 defense, I wondered what the purpose was. Is the Big 10 content on beating each other up every week with physical, slow football and then getting smoked in the bowls by teams from the "faster" conferences (I did no research on this to see how true it is, but this is usually the consensus)? I think Nebraska needs to continue to strive to be the fastest team in the conference, the most aggressive team in the conference, the most disciplined team in the conference. Make the rest of the conference realize that the Big 10 doesn't have to be labeled as slow and boring. There is enough speed in the country to go around, plus speed is something that can be somewhat developed with the proper strength and conditioning program (I do realize that a large part of speed is God given).

Stay fast and aggressive Nebraska. It is your key to success in my eyes.

Because Wisconsin is what happens. But I do agree with you. I was really hoping Nebraska would be the team that came in and revolutionized the way football was played in the Big 10, but right now it seems we're just following the crowd for the sake of conference championships.

D-line needs some major improvements. DEs need to be quicker and QB containment as you saidI don't know if you guys remember this, but last year when we faced Michigan, Denard Robinson was scrambling, he gained a few yards, then ran right pass Meredith who was right in front of him. Stuff like this has to stop. I'll find a video clip of this right now