Wisconsin fans @ Memorial Stadium

My last bottom line to clear things up from my end:

If you don't want to get patronized on what it's like to be in a big time league, then drop the acting so surprised about how things went in Madison. No one doubts that you are a wonderful, wonderful, historical program coached by Bo Pelini. It's just puzzling that such a wonderful, wonderful program would spend so much time complaining about the same issues that schools like Indiana and Minnesota do.

How many titles has this big time league of yours won in the last 40 years? 2? A Big Time league that hasn't won jack sh#t.

See this is what's funny, guys like this trying to tell us what " big time leagues," and "big time football" is.

The only conference that has a right to say anything right now is the SEC. End of story. Big 10 fans talking smack is embarrassing.

I've worked in the heart of Big 10 for 15 years. When I heard we were joining the B1G the first thing I thought was that a culture clash was coming. There is definitely a difference between people in the Great Plains states and the midwest- outside of sports. It won't do any good to complain about rude fans from other teams. That's how they are as people. Our behavior as fans resembles how Nebraskans are all the time (we aren't jerks). I hope this difference keeps us from being assimilated for a very long time. Unfortunately our younger fans will probably pick up bad behavior from our new conference mates. We shouldn't be shy about confronting any rudeness from our fans. I was home for the Roy Helu dominating Missouri game. While eating after the game I struck up a conversation with some Missouri fans when some idiot came by and yelled something like GBR to them. I was shocked. Disbelief and a fence kept me from reacting properly. Of course I apologized to the Missouri fan. Next time I will run our fan down and calmly explain to them that it shows a lot of disrespect for the game and is not what being a Nebraska fan is about. I'd also ask him to remove his Nebraska garb if he wants to act like a buffoon.

While eating after the game I struck up a conversation with some Missouri fans when some idiot came by and yelled something like GBR to them. I was shocked.

I understand that interrupting someone's dinner to taunt them is rude... but this made me laugh anyway, because the horrible thing that the fan said to them was "Go Big Red."

In response to the Wisconsinite posts, no, Nebraska fans will not be assimilated or get used to it. We will remain the same and have every right to continue thinking that rude behavior is rude.

While eating after the game I struck up a conversation with some Missouri fans when some idiot came by and yelled something like GBR to them. I was shocked.

I understand that interrupting someone's dinner to taunt them is rude... but this made me laugh anyway, because the horrible thing that the fan said to them was "Go Big Red."

In response to the Wisconsinite posts, no, Nebraska fans will not be assimilated or get used to it. We will remain the same and have every right to continue thinking that rude behavior is rude.

It was worse than I described it. The Missouri guy had his back to the aforementioned fence and he intentionally yelled it a few feet from his ear. A couple of more feet away would have been OK and I would have appreciated the enthusiasm but it was obviously directed at the Missouri fans and was just taunting.

It is kind of funny in contrast to the rude behavior of Wisconsin fans I experienced. Better to just ignore them. I had no problems at Michigan game. They seemed more like real fans of football and people you could discuss the game with. Maybe a little arrogant but given our performance...

I've worked in the heart of Big 10 for 15 years. When I heard we were joining the B1G the first thing I thought was that a culture clash was coming. There is definitely a difference between people in the Great Plains states and the midwest- outside of sports. It won't do any good to complain about rude fans from other teams. That's how they are as people. Our behavior as fans resembles how Nebraskans are all the time (we aren't jerks). I hope this difference keeps us from being assimilated for a very long time. Unfortunately our younger fans will probably pick up bad behavior from our new conference mates. We shouldn't be shy about confronting any rudeness from our fans. I was home for the Roy Helu dominating Missouri game. While eating after the game I struck up a conversation with some Missouri fans when some idiot came by and yelled something like GBR to them. I was shocked. Disbelief and a fence kept me from reacting properly. Of course I apologized to the Missouri fan. Next time I will run our fan down and calmly explain to them that it shows a lot of disrespect for the game and is not what being a Nebraska fan is about. I'd also ask him to remove his Nebraska garb if he wants to act like a buffoon.

Man, if yelling "Go Big Red" at an opposing fan is inappropriate behavior, then we as a fan base are down the rabbit hole with this whole "classy" thing.

To the original poster -

If "the big league" means rude fans, we had to put up with Colorado and to some extent KSU and Missouri. I guess we were more disappointed in that our first experience with "the big league" wasn't a step up, but a step side ways.

We lost twice big on the road:

Wisconsin = Colorado = recent success = rude fans

Michigan = Oklahoma = tradition of winning = classy fans

Its not us getting used to fan behavior "in the big league" its fan behavior of a couple of schools

Maybe the biggest thing that got the people upset was comparing us to Indiana, Purdue and Minnesota fans whining because they never win.

This is just a guess but, maybe all the Big Ten teams fans are "lame" towards each other because all the Big Ten teams fans are "lame" to each other.

I mean, if you to to say and OSU game when they host MSU and you are a MSU fan and you get yelled at, well, when OSU comes to MSU you are going to do that to them. It is kind of human nature.

Now, if Badger fans come to Lincoln this year and they are treated well, I would imagine that Husker fans will be treated well next time at Wisconsin and so on and so on.

This is just a guess but, maybe all the Big Ten teams fans are "lame" towards each other because all the Big Ten teams fans are "lame" to each other.

I mean, if you to to say and OSU game when they host MSU and you are a MSU fan and you get yelled at, well, when OSU comes to MSU you are going to do that to them. It is kind of human nature.

Now, if Badger fans come to Lincoln this year and they are treated well, I would imagine that Husker fans will be treated well next time at Wisconsin and so on and so on.

You can take the white trash out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the white trash.

- Some Dude.

How was the post uneducated?

Offhand, I'd say attempting to "set straight" a group of fans whose college football experience vastly exceeds that of your own fan base, on their board, unsolicited, with ridiculous amounts of entitlement implied, pretty much covers the "uneducated" aspect of internet posting.

winner-winner-chicken-dinner1.png

Pot stirring, is a nice way to say trolling.

We're usually more concerned with T-Mart's throwing motion (as awful as some of us may think it is), how the O line is gonna play, whether Caveman is gonna say something outlandish on twitter, or if we think Bo's on the hot seat.

The majority of us don't care what happens on other teams message boards, as from the evidence of the lack of "did you hear what **insert Big 10** school said about us on their message board" threads. We're too neurotic over our offense being multiple, which uniform we should wear this year, or chastizing some one for calling a black out.

• Fire 1

There's a reason so many fans from other schools create an account on here to thank us. Please tell me/ show me how many husker fans joined a wisconsin message board to thank them for the hospitality. When i get back from a road game ill be the first to tell the opposing teams boards how great of a time i had if i was treated decently.

• Fire 2

Pot stirring, is a nice way to say trolling.

We're usually more concerned with T-Mart's throwing motion (as awful as some of us may think it is), how the O line is gonna play, whether Caveman is gonna say something outlandish on twitter, or if we think Bo's on the hot seat.

The majority of us don't care what happens on other teams message boards, as from the evidence of the lack of "did you hear what **insert Big 10** school said about us on their message board" threads. We're too neurotic over our offense being multiple, which uniform we should wear this year, or chastizing some one for calling a black out.

Hey guys! I'm thinking about starting a thread about our first game, and how we should do a blackou....OH NO WAY!