***Official College Football Uniform Soiree***

GSG

Go Lopers! Guess it's not bad to make it onto SI.com for this. I think the logo looks nice except the flag is wrong direction. But oh well!

Technically it is the correct direction. The military wears it backwards because if the flag were "flown" correctly on their shoulder patch it would mean they were in retreat not advancing forward.

Go Lopers! Guess it's not bad to make it onto SI.com for this. I think the logo looks nice except the flag is wrong direction. But oh well!

Technically it is the correct direction. The military wears it backwards because if the flag were "flown" correctly on their shoulder patch it would mean they were in retreat not advancing forward.

:confucius

Pretty sure the union is supposed to be in the upper-left as you look at it.

:confucius

Pretty sure the union is supposed to be in the upper-left as you look at it.

http://www.usflag.org/flagpatch.html

The regulation states that when authorized for application to the proper uniform the American flag patch is to be worn, right or left shoulder, so that “the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward. The appropriate replica for the right shoulder sleeve is identified as the ‘reverse side flag’.”

I think the one on the helmet is wrong since it's the left side of the helmet, the blue should be to the left or the 'front'