Rex on SI.COM

The way Rex plays really remind me of Emmitt Smith. Excellent vision, phenomenal in short yardage situations, great hands, good blocker, hard to bring down, absolute workhorse. I'm not saying he's as good as Emmitt was, Just a very, very similar style of play. I hope Rex does great thing this year. He does get some love nationally, but I still think he deserves more.

Rex won't even get invited to New York if the O Line isn't vastly improved. No more whiffs on blocks. No more blown assignments. No more drive-killing mental mistakes resulting in penalties. No more worrying about the second and third levels before the first level is sealed. No more running plays stuffed in the backfield because our linemen are getting shoved off their heels.

makes you wonder how good he'd be at a place like Wisconsin. he'd done a lot with very little.

Exactly. That road-grader O Line they have year in and year out is a thing of beauty. I'm tremendously jealous of them. With that kind of line, not having to elude tacklers two yards deep in the backfield half the time, Rex's numbers would skyrocket.

Makes you wonder what he'd have done with the animals on the O line back in the mid 90's...

A lot of Rex's success is going to hinge on how successful the line is this year. If they struggle, he's going to be put in situation where it will be tough for him to excel, and even worse increase the chance of injury...

I can't tell you how many times I've watched the Ohio State replay on BTN this summer and everytime I come away thinking just one thing, Rex is a stud! He pretty much showcased everything he could do in that one game. Long runs, shifty moves, shoulders down powering through tackles, diving for touchdowns, and schooling that punk cornerback #2 with great moves after the catch. He really did it all that game. I hate to sound like a homer but I really am excited to see what he can do this year.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched the Ohio State replay on BTN this summer and everytime I come away thinking just one thing, Rex is a stud! He pretty much showcased everything he could do in that one game. Long runs, shifty moves, shoulders down powering through tackles, diving for touchdowns, and schooling that punk cornerback #2 with great moves after the catch. He really did it all that game. I hate to sound like a homer but I really am excited to see what he can do this year.

Thats not homerism, you're just another one of us, hoping for more of the same

Exactly. That road-grader O Line they have year in and year out is a thing of beauty. I'm tremendously jealous of them. With that kind of line, not having to elude tacklers two yards deep in the backfield half the time, Rex's numbers would skyrocket.

Yes, they indeed would. I bet it's close to 33% of the time he had to shake off tackles "behind" the LOS to make positive yardage.

True, true but I try to be as unbiased as I can and Rex is one guy that makes it really hard. Heck the guy could take my girl and I wouldn't mind, I know she wouldn't.

True, true but I try to be as unbiased as I can and Rex is one guy that makes it really hard. Heck the guy could take my girl and I wouldn't mind, I know she wouldn't.

ZRod FTW! :worship